PDA

View Full Version : AEB throttle adaptation degree value

ricekikr
10-23-2010, 09:18 PM
How much open should the throttle be at after adaptation? Mine's currently at 6.5degrees. Haynes said it should be at 0-5degrees @0 rpm

Here's what happened:

The battery was drained (old weak battery). So me and a couple of guys tried pushing the car and jumping it, car would start but wouldn't stay on. Even pushed it down a hill. I then tried to use jumper cables, car would start but not stay on. AFR was rich lean rich lean while my foot on the throttle was steady as possible. So I thought the battery was f'd (it was lol, it couldn't hold a charge [=(]), bought a new battery. Car still wouldn't stay on.

I then checked vagcom, there was an throttle body error, so I erased it and did throttle adaptation (throttle was around 26degrees@0rpm). After throttle adapt (throttle now @6.5degrees@0rpm), car would run smoothly. EXCEPT for it running lean@part throttle.

I was cruising at around 14 AFR before the battery gave up on me. Now it would @part-throttle my AFRs where really lean 16afr-pegs the gauge at lean. BUT at boost AFRs were perfect 13.5-12.5-11.5.

SeekB00st
10-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Odd, the AEB throttle body's adapt get recalibrate if you leave the negative terminal off for a decent amount of time. Hook it back up and it should run the throttle body through modes.

If it wasn't so late i'd go throw vag com on my car and give you my degrees.

ricekikr
10-24-2010, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the offer. But I think there was nothing wrong with it LOL [:o]. Did throttle adapt again and it finished at 6% then I stepped on the throttle and released and it was at 3%. Did it twice same result [:D]

I guess it was really just my tune [headbang].