PDA

View Full Version : tranny caused mil light, which fluid for this car

juttin3
10-19-2010, 04:37 PM
so car is a 99.5 audi a4 aeb 1.8 fwd tiptronic.. it has 296 k miles , tranny fluid never been changed . has tip chip from giac .. my girlfriend is using this car now and she told me she heard a loud noise from near gas pedal , this happened maybe 4 days ago . car has been fine since she only drives maybe 8 miles a day. so i looked in car today and vag'd it , there was a check engine light on.. i got this

"01192 - Torque Converter Lock-Up Clutch
42-00 - Speed Deviation too High

so i looked up some info online and found it could be low fluid , its possible since the whole tranny pan has been wet looking for a while now... so i need to know what kind of audi tranny fluid i need to get for just filling up and then replacing pan /gasket / filter etc.. also can anyone recommend a cheap pump i can use to get fluid in.. i have vag and can use it for temp control. i know this could be other problems but im hoping on just low fluid since it appears to be leaking .. on europaparts.com they have like 3 different kinds of fluid just not sure which ones to get ...
http://www.europaparts.com/category/fluids.html?p=2
thank you justin

bigblue
10-19-2010, 05:07 PM
dude! 300k miles and no fluid change... wth? You can do the temp control on your laptop but do the b5s have the level sensor as well? on my b6 you have to fill it till vag-com says so at a certain temp. ECS Tuning usually has some pretty cheap filter/gasket/fluid kits. Check them out. If your gonna do it you better get it out of the whole system that TC is probably so full of crap at 300k miles.

Actually heres the link bro. Let us know how you make out man.

(http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B5_A4-FWD-1.8T/Drivetrain/Transmission/ES261797/)

Dealer is doing mine because they said they'd for it for like $300 instead of $800, they put it up on rollers of some kind and hold one of the wheels so the traction control doesn't freak out. Then they drain it, pull the pan and filter and then fill her back up and run it in place going through all the gears to get as much nasty fluid out as possible. Then drain it again and fill.

juttin3
10-19-2010, 05:23 PM
boo

dude! 300k miles and no fluid change... wth? You can do the temp control on your laptop but do the b5s have the level sensor as well? on my b6 you have to fill it till vag-com says so at a certain temp. ECS Tuning usually has some pretty cheap filter/gasket/fluid kits. Check them out. If your gonna do it you better get it out of the whole system that TC is probably so full of crap at 300k miles.

Actually heres the link bro. Let us know how you make out man.

(http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B5_A4-FWD-1.8T/Drivetrain/Transmission/ES261797/)

Dealer is doing mine because they said they'd for it for like $300 instead of $800, they put it up on rollers of some kind and hold one of the wheels so the traction control doesn't freak out. Then they drain it, pull the pan and filter and then fill her back up and run it in place going through all the gears to get as much nasty fluid out as possible. Then drain it again and fill.

bigblue
10-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Ya but you get the idea... the lifetime fluid is not for the lifetime of the car, but the lifetime of the unit its in... so the tranny fluid they expect to last 80k along with the tranny... so 300k miles is almost three times the life expectancy. Not saying the tranny is made to fail but its just something we've been talking about in the b6 forums.