PDA

View Full Version : Ignition source?

.Mad Hatter.
10-19-2010, 12:17 PM
I am wiring up an oil pressure gauge and I have 3 wires; power, ignition, and ground. The ground and power are being shared with my boost gauge (75x terminal), but where do I tap into for the 3rd wire...the ignition one?

TIA!

Watson
10-19-2010, 01:30 PM
I just used a Mini add a fuse, the power and ignition both go to positive, ground to a ground. The light will turn on when you turn the key on, if you want it to turn on when you turn your lights on than you need to find a source that uses the same as your lights, aka the power to the light on the cig lighter.

.Mad Hatter.
10-19-2010, 01:52 PM
so could i put both the power and ignition wire to the same place? ground and power are good to go, the ignition one is throwing me though. the instructions say to wire to the ignition coil to avoid damage...

Watson
10-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Your boost gauge, it has 3 wires as well?

.Mad Hatter.
10-19-2010, 02:50 PM
no only 2: power and ground

black99.5a4
10-19-2010, 03:03 PM
if you wire the boost gauge power to something that is headlight switch on +, it will only light up with the marker lights and headlights.. which is the correct way to do it.

if you want it on all the time like your boost gauge, then power/ignition go to the same terminal.

I am using one of the headlight wires in the column to turn my boost gauge on with the marker/headlights. will be wiring my podi gauge the same way (vei i think it is, whoever makes the dual digital readouts that Podi sells)

.Mad Hatter.
10-19-2010, 03:57 PM
ya its vei. i would like it on all the time so i guess i will hust put the power and that wire to the same terminal under the dash. easy enough