PDA

View Full Version : quick quattro question?!! asap

nova_ss672001
10-18-2010, 09:42 PM
soo make a long story short i was drunk and parked somewere i shouldnt have and car got towed
:(
and idk if they used a flat bed
how do i know if my quattro is shot? or effd up?
cuz all 4 wheels need to be off the floor right? when getting towed?
thanx

awdjunkies
10-18-2010, 10:26 PM
I would assume the first thing to do would be to call the towing company and ask them what it was towed by(Whether it was a 2 wheel or flat bed type of tow), of course that will determine if the differentials have taken any damage.

Stumanbmx
10-18-2010, 10:42 PM
All I have to say is: Don't drink and drive. You probably deserve it if they didn't flatbed it.

edit: I hope you got drunk and therefore couldn't move it, and not that you got drunk then drove and parked somewhere dumb because you were drunk. If so, I retract my previous statement.

BlackLock_A4
10-18-2010, 10:45 PM
I got out of it that he didn't drink and drive. Which is why his car was parked... but if you did do some drinkin' and drivin' then +1 to post above.

nova_ss672001
10-18-2010, 11:25 PM
nah i didnt thats why i left it parked...
but any input on the drivetrain?

Gumby
10-18-2010, 11:32 PM
i'm pretty sure any towing company would have the knowledge to never tow any awd cars. it's kind of what they do....

blacka4
10-19-2010, 03:41 AM
i'm pretty sure any towing company would have the knowledge to never tow any awd cars. it's kind of what they do....

not always true. However if they brought a axle lift those trucks are equiped with an axle they can install under the rear/front wheels after they pick it up so its like its being towed on a flatbed but actually being towed by a standard tow truck

JPT
10-19-2010, 05:39 AM
I doubt towing companies will do anything to avoid damage to your vehicle. If you break down and you call them, they will avoid damage, but being towed from a lot, or street, they will drag your vehicle anyway they can to get your vehicle away.

I've seen them drag out cars front on the lift with parking brake fully engaged, and keep going.

blacka4
10-19-2010, 05:41 AM
I doubt towing companies will do anything to avoid damage to your vehicle. If you break down and you call them, they will avoid damage, but being towed from a lot, or street, they will drag your vehicle anyway they can to get your vehicle away.

I've seen them drag out cars front on the lift with parking brake fully engaged, and keep going.

i'm not saying that doesn't happen. it happens more often that not

seanj130
10-19-2010, 06:59 AM
when my car gets towed.. it can really get on a flatbed without f-ing up the bumper

hiwords1
10-19-2010, 07:09 AM
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1208/575299.html

nova_ss672001
10-19-2010, 07:35 AM
ok guys thanx for your input
im going to pik it up today ina few...
soo basically if my axel is still in tact and dont feel any grinding or knocks i should be in the clear right?

.Mad Hatter.
10-19-2010, 09:10 AM
just straight up ask them how it was towed.

BlkBullitt
10-19-2010, 09:20 AM
just straight up ask them how it was towed.

+1 and if you can get that in writing with a witness or two as well. Don't tell them why you want to know, but ask how it was towed and if you can see the truck (to verify it was a flat bed).

A4edwin
10-19-2010, 09:37 AM

i see that here alot in ny. especially if it's the marshall they tow it as quickly as possible.

JPT
10-19-2010, 09:59 AM
i see that here alot in ny. especially if it's the marshall they tow it as quickly as possible.

Yup. I work in Brooklyn... This is where I'm talking about. NYPD towing are going to damage your ride... At least sanitation will flatbed...