PDA

View Full Version : wrx and a4

AB18
02-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Any of you guys had any run ins with wrx's? If so, howd ya do against them and some stories would be cool. Yes im bored.

boosteda4
02-28-2005, 08:33 PM
I ran into an Sti on the freeway... pulled even with him, he wasnt going anywhere and i wasnt either. =D thats all.. =D haha

LA JOLLA 1.8T
02-28-2005, 08:39 PM
against the turbo its a raping, wrx hands down. A stock wrx is abou the same as a stock B5 S4. The sti would rape everything in the A4 world. Ive driven an STi and an S4(GIAC, Milltek exhaust + DP's and high flow cats, RS4 clutch) the STi is definitely faster.

fast_audi
02-28-2005, 08:46 PM
you need an stage 2+ with ko4's to keep up with wrx's and stis you would need stage4+ and a lot of custom mods

HotSauce
02-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Through the twisties, a K04+ properly setup A4 will hang with a stock WRX...Those things are wicked fast.

AutoX, we're more than likely faster.

On any long straight...Say goodbye to the WRX.

OverSpun
02-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by boosteda4
I ran into an Sti on the freeway... pulled even with him, he wasnt going anywhere and i wasnt either. =D thats all.. =D haha

then you realized he was parked? an sti would rape you like no other.

boosteda4
02-28-2005, 09:32 PM
well it didnt.. i stayed next to it.. trust.. ive had my ass handed to me, but this one wasnt going anywhere, and i know he downshifted too cuz i heard his bov ... dont get me wrong, i know the sti is a b5 killer, but from 80 to 120mph or so the sti didnt go n-e-where.. it wasnt a long race.. we both had to get off the same exit.. he gave me props and didnt even know what an audi was... wtf. haha, but yes i know the wrx is a bad ass vehicle an i wouldnt dare line up with one.. haha

LA JOLLA 1.8T
02-28-2005, 09:45 PM
well it didnt.. i stayed next to it.. trust.. ive had my ass handed to me, but this one wasnt going anywhere, and i know he downshifted too cuz i heard his bov ... dont get me wrong, i know the sti is a b5 killer, but from 80 to 120mph or so the sti didnt go n-e-where.. it wasnt a long race.. we both had to get off the same exit.. he gave me props and didnt even know what an audi was... wtf. haha, but yes i know the wrx is a bad ass vehicle an i wouldnt dare line up with one.. haha
[rolleyes] i dunno man, STi 0-60 4.7sec, quarter mile 13.3, you sure the guy was racing you? those are sub-M3 numbers, actually matching the Ferrari F355 (coupe, manual). I have driven an STi and an F355, our A4s' would get smoked, period, T-28 or not.

OverSpun
02-28-2005, 09:53 PM

still dont believe he was trying... i have 5 friends with STis, and ive driven them a bunch of times and at any RPM in any gear, even probly 6th gear at 3k RPMs it would walk an A4 like no other... and my last A4 was as modded as it could get besides a turbo upgrade.. it would take atleast a k04 to even keep up with a normal WRX, and something huge to even keep up with an STi... they have 300hp A4s have 170 stock... not much of a battle there.

A4Rob
02-28-2005, 10:10 PM
I tried to do some pulls with a STI last weekend. Once he heard at full boost he backed off and didn'd want to race anymore. I WAS dead even with him until he pussied out. I honestly didnt think i could keep up with one.

quickglx
02-28-2005, 10:48 PM
A massaged k03 can play w/ a stock WRX, but there aren't too many stock WRXs that want to play, not around here anyway. My friend's WRX has a bunch of stuff on it, I hate that damned car. Racing him just makes me sad. I hate having a slow car, but I still wouldn't trade it for a WRX. Well maybe an STI....

OverSpun
02-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by quickglx
A massaged k03 can play w/ a stock WRX, but there aren't too many stock WRXs that want to play, not around here anyway. My friend's WRX has a bunch of stuff on it, I hate that damned car. Racing him just makes me sad. I hate having a slow car, but I still wouldn't trade it for a WRX. Well maybe an STI....

yea, i kept up with a stock WRX with my last car.

SoloSpeed101
02-28-2005, 11:04 PM
i have a 2.8 with a short shifter, dts, snub mount, and intake as for performance mods and my friend with an sti with exhaust does donuts around me... lol maybe th enew ecu software helped him more...

rbt
02-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by AB18
Any of you guys had any run ins with wrx's? If so, howd ya do against them and some stories would be cool. Yes im bored.

from a stoplight, with stock turbo the A4 has no chance.
on a twisty road, if you have chip + susp. mods + good tires and he's stock, you have a chance since the stock WRX susp. (much like the stock A4) and tires are very average.

VtAudi
03-01-2005, 02:29 AM
I've toasted a few wrx's w/ my 2.8, was pretty obvious they didnt know how to drive though, even the ones that did, I usually take them off the bat, then when you hit high 2nd and 3rd I can wave goodbye. (as they pass me)

TomRitt18944
03-01-2005, 04:58 AM
My roomates got a wrx with upipe, downpipe, utec, 3"exhaust, and some other mods, and he would have me by 3 cars everytime at the end of 1/4, he was running. My set-up was k04, pc-16, fmic, 3"test pipe, 310cc inj, borla exhaust, and some other goodies.

Now with my gt28rs at 12psi, I pull on him by 1-2 cars. I could easily run with an sti at 18psi and at 24psi I'd send the sti home crying. If he was modded that would be different. Whoever saif it takes stage4 to beat an sti was wrong. gt28rs will do it

OutkastSL
03-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by TomRitt18944
Now with my gt28rs at 12psi, I pull on him by 1-2 cars. I could easily run with an sti at 18psi and at 24psi I'd send the sti home crying. If he was modded that would be different. Whoever saif it takes stage4 to beat an sti was wrong. gt28rs will do it

HAHA you go Tom, show them sti's what's up. Now you really got me thinking about a new turbo [:(]. Damn tiptronic tranny!!! [down] [=(]

TomRitt18944
03-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Lol, I'll have video next weekend, my friend just got an 05 sti with 24mi on it...time to make him regret that, just gotta find a track that open this time of yr :(

Yea might be a little harsh on the tip, I actually may have blown my trans sun night, haven't driven it since but I got a test tonight so I haven;t had time to look at it. Very bad noise though hopefully its a heatshield rubbing the driveshaft

OutkastSL
03-01-2005, 08:39 AM
well tom, you know if i did get a turbo upgrade i would also have to get my tranny done. like i said in the email, i'm going with the pc-16 setup. i just picked up some 317cc bosche injectors last night for $100 [:D] i wish i bought your pc-16 chip. [;)]

i'll be getting the new spp fmic, i saw the prototype, looks nice, ecstuning adjustable fpr, then getting my chip reflashed with the pc-16 software, i can't wait. hopefully this will be "enough" power.

fanuvbrak
03-01-2005, 08:41 AM
about a week after i got chipped, i came up behind an STi fast on a two lane road. he decided i was too close and put a lot of distance between us in a short period of time. distance that i couldn't regain until he got stuck behind a minivan.

but they are soooooo ugly. like a bad hot-wheels design.

EVIL-AUDI
03-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Without considerable mods and a trubo, you're going to get killed.

OutkastSL
03-01-2005, 08:47 AM
i dunno, i wouldn't say UGLY, but not the greatest looking cars. my friend has a 02 wrx with the round jdm headlights, white, with gold rims and i think it looks hot. i tried racing him on the freeway but he wouldn't mess with me, but in the canyons, i was on his ass. he has up-pipe, down-pipe, exhaust, and software to support it. i have a k04 and i did fine. i know for sure on a straight, i will NOT have a chance.

TomRitt18944
03-01-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by OutkastSL
well tom, you know if i did get a turbo upgrade i would also have to get my tranny done. like i said in the email, i'm going with the pc-16 setup. i just picked up some 317cc bosche injectors last night for $100 [:D] i wish i bought your pc-16 chip. [;)]

i'll be getting the new spp fmic, i saw the prototype, looks nice, ecstuning adjustable fpr, then getting my chip reflashed with the pc-16 software, i can't wait. hopefully this will be "enough" power.

Yea I should have, but now I may have to anyways, I only know of one other blown transmission so I wasn't really expecting it.

You'll be very happy with that set-up, sounds like you got everything figured out. It's $200 to reflash to pc-16 and def worth it. Great deal on the injectors, and thats the same fpr i have, make sure you dont get the blue one though, its doesn't go low enough for the pc-16. Alos make sure you get the gauge That set-up would have been fine if my roomate didn't beat me at the track...I had to one up him, but he just ordered a ported and polished 18g so I may have a gt2871 in my near future..We'll see.[:D]

mmart6545
03-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by LA JOLLA 1.8T
[rolleyes] i dunno man, STi 0-60 4.7sec, quarter mile 13.3, you sure the guy was racing you? those are sub-M3 numbers, actually matching the Ferrari F355 (coupe, manual). I have driven an STi and an F355, our A4s' would get smoked, period, T-28 or not.

Yep...but over 100 they aren't that fast. STI owners will agree.

I could easily pull on modified (stock turbo) wrx's with my j31 setup. With my stage 3, I can walk a modified wrx like none other.

I'm waiting to come across an STI or EVO on the highway. I think I'd do alright.

overboostpsi
03-01-2005, 09:07 AM
I had some fun with a wrx...or rather say he had some fun with me...lol

we were on the highway, and I was keeping up with him through traffic...as soon as it cleared up though...he down shifted and was gone...

But then again...I'm stock...maybe I could have kept up with him if i had a stage 3+...maybe.

OutkastSL
03-01-2005, 09:13 AM
tom...if you go big...go gt3071....oh, even better go all out and grab a gt40r, lol jk.

TomRitt18944
03-01-2005, 09:20 AM
LOL, I'm actually going to stop with the a4 once its running smoothly and built a forged 2.0 aeb, with gt3071 and throw it in a rabbit convertable, That should take care of the suby's :)

nizmosx
03-01-2005, 09:50 AM
rex's have shit for top end, on the freeway rex's get dusted all the time, ask most of the owners they will tell you that those cars are all low end, if it was from a stand still it will be a slauter house, on the freeway its a different story,
ps i have dusted several wrx's, i yet havent ****ed with an sti and i dont plan on it unless its on the freeway. i do have a moded k04 with ams software and front mount but even then wrx's can still almost keep up with me. face it guys they are just fast cars.

IndieRockSteve
03-01-2005, 11:50 AM
this battle needs to end. seriously. if you wanted a fast car that could take on an STi you'd have bought an STi (or an EVO, or any of the number of budget pocket rocket cars).

You bought an Audi cause when your stuck in traffic or are on the long road trip you don't want to be banging your head against the side window until its broken and your bleeding. (Which I would have done cross-country'ing my Jeep had it not been the middle of winter, in the middle of a weeklong snow storm)

Hell, its the same reason you bought that BMW/Merc/VW...

Or you buy a S4/M3.

as the old saying goes, you can have any 2 from the following list:

1. speed
2. comfort
3. low price

94jedi
03-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by IndieRockSteve

as the old saying goes, you can have any 2 from the following list:

1. speed
2. comfort
3. low price

This has to be the "truest statement" when it comes to cars. I bought an 88 mustang GT for $1000, put $3k into it and I could run high 11's all day long. problem is that it was literally painful to drive. I hated that damn clutch. It was AWFUL to drive in traffic and it was hell in the summer since I removed the a/c.

Then I bought a MK3 Jetta. Alot more comfortable, still low price, but the 2.0 wasn't cutting it. After $3k in mods(total) I ran low 15's and for the n/a 2.0, that's fast. So SAD.

I have to admit, the b5 A4 is the closest I've come to having all 3, relatively that is. I paid $4800 for my A4, it's comfortable, and I hope to make it run 13's some day. The question is, how much is that going to cost me?

[confused]

bitterchild
03-01-2005, 12:08 PM
performance
reliability
budget

pick two... that's the saying

TomRitt18944
03-01-2005, 12:10 PM
About 3000 if your resourceful and a good driver :)

VinsA4
03-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by fanuvbrak
about a week after i got chipped, i came up behind an STi fast on a two lane road. he decided i was too close and put a lot of distance between us in a short period of time. distance that i couldn't regain until he got stuck behind a minivan.

but they are soooooo ugly. like a bad hot-wheels design.

HaHa I've got my g/f pointing out ugly riced out cars and the other day we saw an STI with the huge wing and gold wheels. She pointed at it and laughed and I said no babe they're supposed to look like that.

SoloSpeed101
03-01-2005, 01:15 PM
hahahahaha

jones3000
03-01-2005, 01:29 PM
going fast is overated. It's dangerous to race in traffic and cops are everywhere these days. You can't do sh!t except on the track. You'll look 10X nicer in an Audi over a Subaru any day. Only moderate to hardcore car guys will give you props on the STi. It's not a daily driver and the finish is mediocre. I don't care how fast it is. I would never be jealous even if I had a base model 2.0 GL Jetta- with an atuomatic.

OutkastSL
03-01-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by VinsA4
HaHa I've got my g/f pointing out ugly riced out cars and the other day we saw an STI with the huge wing and gold wheels. She pointed at it and laughed and I said no babe they're supposed to look like that.

haha, that's hilarious!

jones3000
03-01-2005, 01:55 PM
^^ I agree. that's funny.

quickglx
03-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by jones3000
I would never be jealous even if I had a base model 2.0 GL Jetta- with an atuomatic.

That's taking it a little too far... I'd take even a 2.5l impreza over an automatic Jetta, as long as it was AWD

jones3000
03-01-2005, 02:30 PM
I agree. But as extreme as it sounds, it's how I feel.

PDRaudi
03-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Blah Blah Blah
The only way there is even a chance of getting ahead of an STI is to get a bigger engine displacement, lose some weight, and a bigger turbo . . . . but even then the STI with its 2.5 liter monster will still **** you up . . . . just stay clear of the beast

TomRitt18944
03-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by PDRaudi
Blah Blah Blah
The only way there is even a chance of getting ahead of an STI is to get a bigger engine displacement, lose some weight, and a bigger turbo . . . . but even then the STI with its 2.5 liter monster will still **** you up . . . . just stay clear of the beast

UUhhhh did you read my post? Its been done many times

Hassmeister
03-01-2005, 03:51 PM
I don't care if I'm slower... I have class (Audi) beneath my feet! [drive]
Anyone can put 6 cylinders and a turbo in a Tin Can and call it car.
Ohhh, I forgot to add the Wing too. [:p]

loxx0050
03-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by mmart6545
Yep...but over 100 they aren't that fast. STI owners will agree.

I could easily pull on modified (stock turbo) wrx's with my j31 setup. With my stage 3, I can walk a modified wrx like none other.

I'm waiting to come across an STI or EVO on the highway. I think I'd do alright.

I have an old college buddy with an STi and agrees with that, except he says that rolling speeds 60+ an E46 M3 would just keep pulling away (drag launches to 60 he would win). In the end I really don't care cause I am happy with my A4 and he is happy with his STi. Also, I don't like to street race cause when you think about it, what is the point (at least that's the way I feel).

Back in my more reckless days I ran into a heavily modded wrx and it just simply ran away from me. I have a KO4 and exhaust but it just pulled away from me at a light like I was just sitting there (I didn't launch cause of a slipping clutch, but it wouldn't have made a difference anyways). Then again, the kid did stage 4 turbo that car and was running low 12's in the 1/4 at the drag. My only consolation (besides the fact that I drive an Audi and not a Scooby) is that this kid abuses his car so much (high rpm launches/clutch drops at every stop sign and light, summer and winter, day and night didn't matter, he just did it all the time) he has gone through 6 clutches, 3-4 flywheels, 2 wrx trannies, 2 STi trannies, and a couple of cracked short blocks on the engine. It seems like every time he got it fixed (which took months at a time to get parts in) it would immediately break down and be back in the shop a 1-2 weeks after he picks it up. I know quite abit about this car cause my cousin own's a shop and has done alot of the work on this car (they keep warn.

jones3000
03-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Hassmeister
I don't care if I'm slower... I have class (Audi) beneath my feet! [drive]
Anyone can put 6 cylinders and a turbo in a Tin Can and call it car.
Ohhh, I forgot to add the Wing too. [:p]

exactly. Someone one here(pierce or plerce or whatever his name is) tried to call me out saying "my car is slow". LIKE . . . . . I . . . . . CARE.[rolleyes] There are things that are waaaaaay more important in my life than putting $5k or more into a car to make it "fast" so that a group of people could think I'm "cool". That's like telling Eva Mendez that she's not as hot as Salma Hyack. Who cares if your car is faster? I can put $5k into my car too and make mines even faster. If you guys really wanna have a d!ck measuring contest, just do so.. . . . forget the cars. You'll save thousands and get less speeding tickets.

AB18
03-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Dude, Thats cool and all,but some people like to engine mod, where as you look the "look" more.(ie wheels,suspension,m3 lip) Its all preference.

jones3000
03-01-2005, 06:02 PM
True. Even exterior mods are along the same lines. My point is I would never consider being "better" cause I have a faster car or painted lowers. Mod your car and make it as fast or as baller as you want. But faster doesn't equal better. Neither do bigger wheels. As far as the subaru WRX, I don't think it's in the same class as the A4.

BavarianAudi
03-01-2005, 06:21 PM
my friends 04 wrx 2.0 got owned by a turbocharged b18 civic [rolleyes]

BavarianAudi
03-01-2005, 06:27 PM
and btw i would take a b5 S4 any day over a STI i dont care wut its got under the hood at the end of the day i've got leather seats.

mmart6545
03-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by roudiaudi
and btw i would take a b5 S4 any day over a STI i dont care wut its got under the hood at the end of the day i've got leather seats.

You mean leather/alcantara [:D]

heartlesskiller
03-01-2005, 07:10 PM
I'd love an S4... [:(]

BavarianAudi
03-01-2005, 07:17 PM
i hate how much people praise jap cars like they are the fastest things. for example the skyline, i personally would take an m3 over it cuz when people look at ur car they go oh u drive a nissan they dont know wut a skyline is or they look and they go oh u drive a bmw, i take class over speed anyday. u can make a supra faster than a ferrari but the ferrari is still 10 times better than the supra.

heartlesskiller
03-01-2005, 07:22 PM
wurd.

skyline and M3 are both sweet but for the $$ I'd take an M3.

you'd only turn tuners heads if you got a R34 Skyline.

(technically you can get a G35 coupe for a lot less than an M3 but the R34 will always be the last real skyline to me. that ones the same if not a lot more money than an M3.)

boosteda4
03-01-2005, 08:22 PM
and the g35 coupe is absolutely GORGEOUS IMO.... but id still take an M3 as well.. wait.. thats a hard decision.. lol

IndieRockSteve
03-01-2005, 08:33 PM
if the G35 had a "S" or "M" or "V" edition I'd take it. and if the coupe came in AWD and was a manual.

I've actually heard good things about the CTS-V's performance compared to the M3/E55amg. Its not a bad car either, the interior is still GM, but the best GM has to offer...
My friends mom has one. MILF.

BavarianAudi
03-01-2005, 08:37 PM
my friends got a black g35 i personally dont like the look of it i would take the 350z over it any day

heartlesskiller
03-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by IndieRockSteve
if the G35 had a "S" or "M" or "V" edition I'd take it. and if the coupe came in AWD and was a manual.

I've actually heard good things about the CTS-V's performance compared to the M3/E55amg. Its not a bad car either, the interior is still GM, but the best GM has to offer...
My friends mom has one. MILF.

yeah, I peeked inside a CTS once and jeezus.. my friend's '95 Maxima had a plusher interior than that thing...

and G35 sedans only come in auto?

greengravy
03-01-2005, 09:01 PM
^^^^^ NO!!!!! they absolutly dont

greengravy
03-01-2005, 09:05 PM
the g35 sedan is known as the "american skyline" due to the skyline costing well over 90k at first to bring to america due to the fact it does not meet US specs whatsoever. infinitys goal of producing the sedan was to bring a car reminiscent of the skyline to america at an affordable price. with that being said, its obv. that they make it in manual... since its sister image is to be the skyline... if you check it out... there are body kits for the g35's that make them look EXACTLY like the skyline. a simple kit and debadgin and bam, you have your skyline

heartlesskiller
03-01-2005, 10:00 PM
which skyline do they look like though? I'm confused, aren't the G35's Skylines in Japan right now?
They are the R35 right?

so what does the kit make them look like? an R34?

BavarianAudi
03-01-2005, 10:06 PM
G35 Sedan ewwwww

Audi 555
03-01-2005, 10:31 PM
I drove my friends evo this weekend with intake exhaust and many other mods, 23 psi and id have to say it was the fastest thing ive ever driven.

almaster666
03-01-2005, 11:28 PM
it might have been the fastest thing youve ever driven, but would you really take it as your everyday driver?
with that huge wing, you prbably cant even back out of anything
and everytime you park anywhere, youve got a dozen of 12 year old kids looking inside your car
or even if youre just going to get you groceries you probably would attract a dozen idiots in their civics trying to race you, cut you off...
its not worth it, and the subaru is just like the evo, just bright blue with those ugly ass "golden" rims

heartlesskiller
03-01-2005, 11:46 PM
^^ I couldn't have said it better myself.

lets not forget a 1983 Firebird is fast too folks...

But for me, its gotta be a total package. Looks and performance. and its what I get out of my A4.

jones3000
03-02-2005, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by heartlesskiller
But for me, its gotta be a total package. Looks and performance. and its what I get out of my A4. [up]

Audi 555
03-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by almaster666
it might have been the fastest thing youve ever driven, but would you really take it as your everyday driver?
with that huge wing, you prbably cant even back out of anything
and everytime you park anywhere, youve got a dozen of 12 year old kids looking inside your car
or even if youre just going to get you groceries you probably would attract a dozen idiots in their civics trying to race you, cut you off...
its not worth it, and the subaru is just like the evo, just bright blue with those ugly ass "golden" rims

your exactly right. they may be fast, but persoanlly they look awkward to me, plus not a luxury car at all. at the end of the day i'll still be driving an audi and he'll be driving a mitsubishi, nothing wrong with that, but I would just rather take an audi. audi offers the totall package as oppposed to just one positive aspect

greengravy
03-03-2005, 12:40 AM
ok here is how you tell whats better.... ask a hot girl what car she likes better.... evo, sti, or audi. gaurenteed answer from most of them is audi. i bet over half of them wouldnt even know what either an sti or an evo are unless you show them. everyone knows audi. girls like the luxury and would much rather be in an audi than a race car...

greengravy
03-03-2005, 12:41 AM
ahh, failed to mention... most girls have no knowledge of cars so you cant really base a decision on that, but hey, at least you'll get laid more than the kid whos busy racing everything he can find.

mike-2ptzero
03-03-2005, 10:31 AM
The sti would rape everything in the A4 world.

Tell that to every STI that have lost to me.

TomRitt18944
03-03-2005, 10:44 AM
^^2nd that, well the 1 sti, and next weekend the 2nd sti

heartlesskiller
03-03-2005, 11:03 AM
I was behind an STi yesterday.

the wing on that thing is f##king ridiculous. I don't care how fast it is, I'd never buy a car with that thing attached to it.

I seriously doubt there is any way the driver could see out of his rearview mirror with that thing.

mike-2ptzero
03-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by heartlesskiller
I was behind an STi yesterday.

the wing on that thing is f##king ridiculous. I don't care how fast it is, I'd never buy a car with that thing attached to it.

I seriously doubt there is any way the driver could see out of his rearview mirror with that thing.

It gets in the way just like the big wing on the evo8. BTW the sti is not all that fast, they run about mid 13's stock which is about the same as having a PES or apr kit on the A4.

n.d.
03-03-2005, 03:15 PM
But for $32k, you get 300hp/tq, brembo brakes, LSD from the factory. It depends what you're looking for.

IheartGravy
03-03-2005, 03:43 PM
i can beat stis [:D] boys dont like losing to girls!!

AB18
03-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Dude, Subaru wrx sti = 0 to 60 = 4.6-4.9. Yeah, sounds like a gurls car. If theres one thing i hate about the audi/vw family is that they think there cars are so much better then others. Have alot of you even ridden in one?

heartlesskiller
03-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Besides bimmers and benz's are cars are better than everyones.

they ain't no jap crap plastic tupperware cars. [:p] [:p]

AB18
03-03-2005, 04:39 PM
You are a very shelterd person aren't you?

heartlesskiller
03-03-2005, 04:43 PM
you're pretty sheltered if you think subaru's are the ish.

AB18
03-03-2005, 04:49 PM
When did I ever say subies are the ish, You prolly havent even riddin in a sti or evo, or as you call it, jap crap. so how in hell would you know. Just dont like it when people call trash when they have no expeirence with it.

heartlesskiller
03-03-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm sure they're super duper cars but compared to an Audi's refinement and build quality they ain't up there yet.

AB18
03-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Dude seriosly, If you bought your a4 strictly for refinement you bought the wrong viechle. And build quality? A suby is far more reliable then our audis.Look im not saying subys are better, alls im saying is we have no right to bash it and say its better then ours, If you think that, thats fine. You've never even riddin in one so you really cant say..

Pureaudi
03-03-2005, 05:13 PM
this reminds me of the 540/a4 thread.

heartlesskiller
03-03-2005, 06:08 PM
I have ridden in a subaru but not a evo but I borrowed an eclipse turbo for a day and know what to expect from that company.

German designers are world reknown and are the best in the world right after italian exotic car designers.

besides, your on the wrong website if you want to debate that suburu's are better than audi's.

jrodmk2
03-03-2005, 06:28 PM
i guess i am the only one who likes the dark bronze wheels.

AB18
03-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Can u read?...".Look im not saying subys are better,"

AB18
03-03-2005, 06:33 PM
Look dude, i have a audi, alot more modded then yours. I have been in all sorts of cars. I know all about desigin, you dont have to tell me about it.If thats your opinion that its japcrap, its cool dude. Were all different, thats what makes life interesting. I was merely tryin to point out that you should take a ride in sti, subarus have came along way since the ole legacy came around.

mike-2ptzero
03-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Dude, Subaru wrx sti = 0 to 60 = 4.6-4.9. Yeah, sounds like a gurls car. If theres one thing i hate about the audi/vw family is that they think there cars are so much better then others. Have alot of you even ridden in one?

Yes I have and I have also done 0-60 in 3.6 seconds in a tuned EVO8 with the stock turbo and street tires. Sorry to tell you but the 4.6 - 4.9 seconds is with a pro driving not a normal driver, its closer to mid 5's.

AB18
03-03-2005, 08:42 PM
naah dude, you dont have to apoligize to me. I obvisouly know its not with the normal driver behind the wheel, just sayin what there capable of, thats all. Peace.

mike-2ptzero
03-03-2005, 08:56 PM
naah dude, you dont have to apoligize to me. I obvisouly know its not with the normal driver behind the wheel, just sayin what there capable of, thats all. Peace.

Well the large engine and small turbo combo does produce good quick tq but it lacks in top end power.

yellowbstrd
03-04-2005, 12:46 PM
against the turbo its a raping, wrx hands down. A stock wrx is abou the same as a stock B5 S4. The sti would rape everything in the A4 world. Ive driven an STi and an S4(GIAC, Milltek exhaust + DP's and high flow cats, RS4 clutch) the STi is definitely faster.

^^^^Not true. . . at all. Stock Sti vs. Stg3 A4 is neck and neck. Guys here in Chicago walk stock sti's. With the disco potato it's see you later Sti. Modded, that might be a different story ;)

S4 that's STG2+ will walk an Sti as well. You must not have driven a properly set up S4 (you must have driven one with a boost leak or it was a tip).

HazeJz36
03-04-2005, 01:04 PM
kids kids ....its ok calm down..... not a big deal..... most important point has already been made.....
Audis haul in more bitches hands down....
Sti's Haul ass down the highway....

Im a big fan of bitches.... not how fast mile markers go past me....
You can all worry about how fast your car goes but when u speed away ill sit in one stop and pull chics all day....
Ah, saves on gas too[:D] [up]

AB18
03-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Im neck and neck if not faster then stock wrxs with my no lag ko4 setup. So im sure the stage 3s can handle the stis.

greengravy
03-04-2005, 01:12 PM
agreed mang, sounds similar to...

Originally posted by greengravy
hey, at least you'll get laid more than the kid whos busy racing everything he can find.

BavarianAudi
03-04-2005, 09:41 PM
When did I ever say subies are the ish, You prolly havent even riddin in a sti or evo, or as you call it, jap crap. so how in hell would you know. Just dont like it when people call trash when they have no expeirence with it.
Ive ridden in my friend's evo MR which is faster than the STI its pretty quick. but i have also ridden in my other friend's M3[hail] hands down i would take the M3 over the MR cuz i think subs and mitsus are over rated gimme leather over cloth anyday.

greengravy
03-04-2005, 10:06 PM
yea ive got an M3 but who cares. why do people keep talking about our cars and sti's and evo's in the same sentence. they are faster and always will be, get over it. with the money it costs us to even catch them they can turn around and spend less than 1000 and be kicking our ass again.

greengravy
03-04-2005, 10:13 PM
anthony... my threads are really getting wacked out here... im trying to edit a post and the damn thing sets it up as a quote, whats the deal there?!? now if i edit something it shows up as a quote from me below the post, so i have like 4 in a damn row

greengravy
03-04-2005, 10:18 PM
damnit!!!! it keeps doing it to me anth.

AB18
03-05-2005, 07:42 AM
geen,didnt ya read the whole thread? All the boys with stage 3 or better say they walk them. So there not always faster wont be.

DroO587
03-19-2005, 09:50 AM
yesterday, my friends 04 wrx dragged with a 02 mustang gt. both modded and the stang def had more hp and torque. off the line the wrx took the lead and all the stang saw was the tailgate. in comparisison from my friends wrx with my modded a4, its like a turtle and a rabbit.

AB18
03-19-2005, 10:05 AM
I just raced a heavily modded wrx last night, extremely modded. I was ahead of him till 3rd, once we hit third he started to pull, this is why ko4s are only good up untill about 70 or 80mph, after that, the bigger turbos flow more. Although i would never trade the torque capable ko4 for the kind of driving i do, its a torque monster and i dont even have it running where it should be yet.

TomRitt18944
03-19-2005, 11:05 AM
My roomate just ordered a ported 18g for his wrx, so looks like I might be in trouble..track opens in a couple weeks

offroader1006
03-19-2005, 11:09 AM
NAWS!!!!!!![drive]

TomRitt18944
03-19-2005, 12:21 PM
na gt2871!!!!

zimzima05
12-16-2007, 08:45 PM
lol i dusted an '05 impreza rs :) :) from a dead stop with my old '99 a4 1.8tq TIP *no mods*. he had a bit of a headstart... ....... it doesn't matter that he kinda jammed the gears . i still won! lol

317ssayzarc
12-16-2007, 09:18 PM
wtf? bumping an almost 3 year old thread for that (rs) lol?

sell that bodykit?

Kyle H
12-16-2007, 09:44 PM
hahahah the changes in the modding mindset from '05 to now make me lol. Tomritt's GT28rs was considered a huge upgrade, and it seems like a 'massaged k03' was pretty awesome.

Now, anything below GT3071 is a mild upgrade. [:p]

4ringAR
12-16-2007, 10:17 PM
lol, i got to the bottom of the 1st page when i realized that it was a 3 year old thread. why the uber bump?

ps. wrx's/sti's are fast, but lets face it, we have the better looking and more comfortable car.

maxspeed
12-16-2007, 11:48 PM
hahahah the changes in the modding mindset from '05 to now make me lol. Tomritt's GT28rs was considered a huge upgrade, and it seems like a 'massaged k03' was pretty awesome.

keep running your 16.2's, and lets let old threads die, kthx.

zimzima05
12-16-2007, 11:52 PM
gotta keep it going!

Kyle H
12-17-2007, 12:02 AM
keep running your 16.2's, and lets let old threads die, kthx.

[mad]
Come on, no need to make fun of my stock power. [:(]

Calabria
12-17-2007, 12:17 AM
My friend has a Stage 2, 07 WRX, he raced a chipped B5 S4. The S4 gave my friend a new reality on "fast". A completely modded KO3 will hang with stock WRXs, KO4s will beat them stock plus a bolt on or 2. Yet to beat an STI would need a lot of turbo.
Handling wise, stock WRXs are crappy. Ive driven my friends 07 WRX plenty of times, and my stock sport suspension out handles it without a doubt. They understeer like a FWD car

Kyle H
12-17-2007, 12:37 AM
stock '08 wrx running low 14's:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Subaru-Impreza-Timeslip-12864.html

I don't think a k03 could beat that, isn't the fastest k03 car in like mid 14s? I have seen one timeslip of a k04 car getting into the 13's, and that was a pc16 file on race gas IIRC.

Plus, as soon as they get tuned there is no way a k03/k04 car will keep up. I'm trying to find this quote I had from the guys at 034 about how much better our suspension/chassis is than the evo/sti platforms for modding when fully built...

edit, here we go!

Blah Blah Blah.....This trophy says it all.
http://https://www.034motorspo...7.jpg (http://https://www.034motorsport.com/gallery/d/9056-2/000_0041RedlineTA1107.jpg)

I would expect an Evolution to be faster because you have 230234334 companies worldwide that can tune the 4G63 for maximum results whereas we have all of what?3 companies? that actually took the time to develop parts for this platform in order to make it a "lead" and not "follow".

The sad reality of Audi's (and you can blame 60 minutes for this) is that they Depreciate in value to the point where the average joe on the street sees an "Audi" for cheap and buys it thinking he can modify it just like he would normally do with a Honda or Subaru or Mitsubishi.To modify these platforms take MONEY and lots of it.Not because they are an Audi but simply due to the fact that more volume = cheaper pricing.If we were to cast 500 intake manifolds for an A4 @ 300US a pop they would NEVER get sold.Why do you think Dahlback casted the transverse unit and not a longitudinal version?Now compare that to Honda crowd where Edelbrock cant make ENOUGH of there Victor-X manifolds.I was speaking with a well known fabricator who builds manifolds for all the platforms mentioned and he himself said the Audi/VW market is a waste of his time and energy.People would pay $300US for a set of fake ecodes but wouldnt pay $1000US for a good manifold.He would make 2 1.8T manifolds (gotta make a replica) and 1 would sit on a shelf for months whereas he would make 15 4G63 manifolds and they would be gone before the end of the week... :sly:

Whats even more sad is that if you sat down and spoke to half of these Subaru or Mitsubishi owners about there modifications they will all tell you 10,000US is a drop in a bucket for what went INTO there engine bay.

I will state this and whoever wants to argue can really well ...see above.A WELL set up Audi B-Chassis (B2---->B7) will Hand any Impreza or Evolution its ass...our suspensions are better and our engines are better.

In Addition to the above I would like some of you to sit down for a week and google Audi's in Norway.The fastest,best handling & most powerful cars are Audi's....10s,does an Auto-X in silly time and they look great.Some of the samples across there:

http://www.karlstadracing.nu/_bruzemappen/39/gatebil_fre_49.jpg
http://www.karlstadracing.nu/_bruzemappen/39/gatebil_son_06.jpg
http://www.karlstadracing.nu/_bruzemappen/39/gatebil_son_10.jpg

If those dont look fast and sexy then I dont know what does.

Your going to need the following:
* Money - lots of it
* ARP mains
* SCAT Forged Rods
* GT-3082R
* Tubular manifold
* Full exhaust system
* 625 Hp Intercooler core
* 4" MAF + custom tuning
* 880cc injectors
* SPEC Stage 3+ or Stage 4

There... an 11s Audi A4 with room to grow.Happy Hunting... ;)
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3552935

mike-2ptzero
12-17-2007, 07:56 AM

How was his GT28rs considered a huge upgrade back then when I was running a 2 liter S200 and GT35r in 2003 and 2004 making 400+whp.[confused]

Huge power back then was considered 400whp, now it is 600+whp.[:p]

stock '08 wrx running low 14's:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Subaru-Impreza-Timeslip-12864.html

I don't think a k03 could beat that, isn't the fastest k03 car in like mid 14s? I have seen one timeslip of a k04 car getting into the 13's, and that was a pc16 file on race gas IIRC.

Fastest K03 are 14.29 and a few others that have hit 14.3's. There have been a hand full of K04's that have hit high 13's(pc 16's and J31's).

AB18
12-17-2007, 08:33 AM
Wow,i made this a LONG time ago.Also, back them, ko4s setups use to be considerd pretty pimp. A gt28rs was considerd pretty big, and then mike was considerd Audis hero. Pretty sure he was running 12.4s at the time.

Now, my buddy just got a new wrx. A stock b5 S4(in 06) and stock WRX are neck and neck.

94jedi
12-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Wow,i made this a LONG time ago.Also, back them, ko4s setups use to be considerd pretty pimp. A gt28rs was considerd pretty big, and then mike was considerd Audis hero. Pretty sure he was running 12.4s at the time.

Now, my buddy just got a new wrx. A stock b5 S4(in 06) and stock WRX are neck and neck.

My Mazdaspeed 3 beats stock WRX's!!!![:D]

maxspeed
12-17-2007, 01:35 PM
im can beat the 2.0wrx's with exhausts and such, and i can keep up with mild bolt on 2.5litres, but ive taken my k03 tune waaaaay past the point of reliability(and sanity really)

94jedi
12-17-2007, 01:46 PM
ive taken my k03 tune waaaaay past the point of reliability(and sanity really)

then it's juuuuuusssst right. [up]

ColinBurger00
12-17-2007, 01:47 PM
OK OK OK lets get back to the subject of the thread
AUDI A4 VS WRX & STI version.

I want to know how I would fair against the STI with the stage 3+ APR turbo package?

I would seriously be expecting to own that STI with 340 HP and 332 TQ???

Anyone wanna shed some experience or light on this question?

maxspeed
12-17-2007, 01:55 PM
why dont you just go out and race him and then youll know

ColinBurger00
12-17-2007, 02:43 PM
I would if I had an opportunity, but I havent seen one in my area?? So just tell me. :)

maxspeed
12-17-2007, 02:58 PM
you should take him, but if theres none around then why does it matter

AB18
12-17-2007, 06:13 PM
I just rode 60mi tonight in my buddies 06 2.5T Wrx, first thing i noticed when i got in is the interior is ALOT better then my S4. As far as power, it could use more, but has plenty of potential.

AudiRacerS4
12-17-2007, 06:15 PM
I just rode 60mi tonight in my buddies 06 2.5T Wrx, first thing i noticed when i got in is the interior is ALOT better then my S4. As far as power, it could use more, but has plenty of potential.

are you joking...the sti and wrx interior is complete shit

turboquattro
12-17-2007, 06:25 PM
An a4 ko4 + giac can easily keep up with a stock wrx. In fact my friends 2003 gti (1.8t) with sequental blow and intake was easily 1 and half car lengths when they raced. The fastest car ive ever driven/ridden in was my friends stage 3 s4 pushing 650 awhp and eats modded sti's for breakfast. But again it can go either way

Kyle H
12-17-2007, 06:25 PM
I just rode 60mi tonight in my buddies 06 2.5T Wrx, first thing i noticed when i got in is the interior is ALOT better then my S4.

Better as in more functional? Holds you in better in the turns? More luxurious? Looks cooler?

You have to back up a statement like that. [:)]

317ssayzarc
12-17-2007, 06:28 PM
An a4 ko4 + giac can easily keep up with a stock wrx. In fact my friends 2003 gti (1.8t) with sequental blow and intake was easily 1 and half car lengths when they raced. The fastest car ive ever driven/ridden in was my friends stage 3 s4 pushing 650 awhp and eats modded sti's for breakfast. But again it can go either way

which s4 is that and whos your friend? those numbers are extremely hard to acheive on stage 3

maxspeed
12-17-2007, 07:04 PM
which s4 is that and whos your friend? those numbers are extremely hard to acheive on stage 3

i was thinkin the same thing

mike-2ptzero
12-17-2007, 08:24 PM

There are NO stage 3 S4's making 650 awhp, they might make 650chp since they make under 500whp. Tuneres are just starting to use the RS6 turbos to get into the 500+whp. So unless your buddy is running a 200 shot of nos he is no where near making 650whp. Only other way he could be making the # you claim is if he is running twin GT's at near 30psi.

I mean come on do you take us for fools or noobs? Just look at the people on this last page I dont see one 1 ring member and you seem to have the lowest rings rating.

BTW I "have" driven a 680 AWHP S4 so I know exactly what it takes to make that power and it is in no way it is considered a stage 3.

317ssayzarc
12-17-2007, 08:35 PM
i speak from experience as well (not nearly on mikes scale)... my dad has a modified rsk04 setup with tens of thousands of dollars of extras from exhaust manis, to rs4 intake and rail and w/m injection and possibly 2.8 heads soon... the standard stage 3 will NOT make over 500whp, if that

turboquattro
12-17-2007, 09:34 PM
There are NO stage 3 S4's making 650 awhp, they might make 650chp since they make under 500whp. Tuneres are just starting to use the RS6 turbos to get into the 500+whp. So unless your buddy is running a 200 shot of nos he is no where near making 650whp. Only other way he could be making the # you claim is if he is running twin GT's at near 30psi.

I mean come on do you take us for fools or noobs? Just look at the people on this last page I dont see one 1 ring member and you seem to have the lowest rings rating.

BTW I "have" driven a 680 AWHP S4 so I know exactly what it takes to make that power and it is in no way it is considered a stage 3.

First, what do rings have to do with any sort of knowledge, I didnt know four rings qualified you to be an expert I just figure youve posted here alot helping people with there questions like what a forum is for, not flaming people?? Just cause I dont post on here alot doesn't mean I dont know anything. Second you guys are probably right a stage 3 s4 probably cant make 650 awhp, im descently new to the audi scene coming from a lifted yota which is my passion. Your right I was out of place making a statement like that but thats what he told me i never got the chance to look under his hood but i have seen is dyno sheet.

AB18
12-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Wow, don't ask me what i was thinking. I was talking while making that post wasn't thinking at all. I mean't to say that his interior space/room is alot better then my S4. S4 seats are a little bigger, and makes whats already a tight interior even worse.

maxspeed
12-17-2007, 10:10 PM
First, what do rings have to do with any sort of knowledge, I didnt know four rings qualified you to be an expert I just figure youve posted here alot helping people with there questions like what a forum is for, not flaming people?? Just cause I dont post on here alot doesn't mean I dont know anything. Second you guys are probably right a stage 3 s4 probably cant make 650 awhp, im descently new to the audi scene coming from a lifted yota which is my passion. Your right I was out of place making a statement like that but thats what he told me i never got the chance to look under his hood but i have seen is dyno sheet.

thats one of the most funniest "im lieing but im not" statments ive heard.

now GTFO liar.

burner799
12-17-2007, 11:56 PM

ORLY? I've watched b5s4 stgII+ rape on stock STI and evo's and even ones with normal bolt ons and an occasional mildly tuned one....

Sinister
12-18-2007, 12:02 AM
I drove my buddies STi around for a day and yeah, power wise it's got something to it, but I was feeling every bump on the free way, CD player was skipping because some bumps were so hard. Then I got in my S4 and I thought it was the most luxurious thing out there, which I know it's not but in comparison. For a DD I would much rather have the S4.

Poopie
12-18-2007, 12:17 AM
i beat stis and evos.

leon
12-18-2007, 02:34 AM

The Euro WRX is CRAP!! I could take them with my K03s and a 1.3BAR chip (dyno 220CHP)... Now with my GTRS i take them for breakfast...[:D] Even when the are chipped and have a full exhaust..

I drove in the car, handling is ok, only the interior (dash, etc) is CRAP...
Wing is FUGLY, also the other plastic crap.. I know its a cheap car, but thats how it looks too...

94jedi
12-18-2007, 05:47 AM
thats one of the most funniest "im lieing but im not" statments ive heard.

now GTFO liar.

qft