PDA

View Full Version : 2.8 oil light Q

kpatrick
02-28-2005, 06:18 PM
first off i have a 98 a4 2.8 tip with 70k miles on it. just recently my oil warning light/buzzer came on while sitting in a drive thru. i also noticed the oil temp was a little higher than normal. so i turn the car off then back on and the light and buzzing went away. i get home and check the oil levels and they're fine so i call my mechanic and get it in his shop. he checks oil pressure and levels again and said they were fine and that maybe it was the oil temp sensor going bad causing the oil temp gauge to read higher than normal. so we replace it and i get out driving again, (just over 30 min. worth of driving and it comes on again). so i take it back to the shop and he thinks maybe i got a bad batch of oil from my last oil change (about 1 month earlier). so they change the oil and all is good until about another 30min. worth of city driving and i notice the temp was starting to go back up again. so we're all pretty much lost and have no clue whats going on. seems like the oil warning light likes to come on after about 30 min. worth of driving. but has oil and oil pressure. anyone else ever had this problem/know what it could be?

thanks

A4_Andre
03-01-2005, 09:55 AM
sludge?

kpatrick
03-01-2005, 10:11 AM
how would u go about checkin that in the 2.8?

GaryJ
03-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Does your mechanic have a vag-com? What error code was being thrown? That'll give you an indicator of where to start looking.

GaryJ

kpatrick
03-01-2005, 03:26 PM
yeah, he has a vag-com but it takes a while for the light to come on, when it comes on so its hard to get it vagged while the oil lights on