PDA

View Full Version : Can P0411 be caused by exhaust leak?

rmonster
10-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Im just curious to know if an exhaust leak would cause incorrect air flow code. I've been attempting to pass inspection but i fail every time. I know its sai related and to check vacuums etc, (not the first time i've had to deal with this code). Anyway, is it possible? (the down pipe is cracked pretty bad and its ridiculously loud).

revolution337
10-12-2010, 04:34 PM
i dont think an exhaust leak would throw that code, it only has to do with the monitored air going through the AIR system. vacuum lines, combi valve, or worst case, air pump

rmonster
10-12-2010, 04:58 PM
Thanks, thats what i thought too, i just wondered if there was any possibility at all b/c some guy at the inspection place told me that my cel is caused by it and left me open for doubts.

oldskoolaudi
10-12-2010, 05:41 PM
I had a similar problem, fixed my flex pipes and code hasn't come back on(I was pulling 5 codes, most of them pointing to running rich on both banks). My mechanic told me it wouldn't have been caused by an exhaust leak but I figured I fix it anyway since it sounded terrible to me and since it hasn't come back on in two months. Don't know if that was the problem but I never did anything else to correct it except unplug the negative terminal and let the system kind of recalibrate for a while.

rmonster
10-13-2010, 03:01 PM
ohh i see, I'm only getting p0411, nothing else at the moment, i would assume that other codes would be triggered? I truly dont know, perhaps i need to learn the details to the SAI system...
Thanks oldskool