PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Interested in a B5 only E-zine...

Jefo
02-28-2005, 11:07 AM
I'm wanting to start a magazine for Audi A4 (B5) owners, and anyone else that likes 'em. This comes from the fact that while i try to find stuff about them for myself, its hard to find it in one place. Audizine is the only thing that comes close, but even then , i feel that having a monthly, all b5 magazine would be a cool thing. I have yet to find one.

Anyway, i'm writing this to find out if there is anyone interested in:

*Writing up an article on a car you think is worthy of such a mag

*Writing up an article on specific mods

*writing up an article on you and your Audi and why you love it.

*writing up an article on a crazy experience you had that involved your car

*writing up group gatherings and telling us what went down.

*writing up an article on local news that would be of interest to other Audi B5 owners.

All work must be original from the sender (don't want legal trouble).

All articles would require pics and would need to be specific to the topic you were trying to cover.

Also, I'd like to know how many of you guys would be interested in receiving it via e-mail (most likely it would be in PDF format so you could print it out or just use the PDF as the mag iteslf).

Write me an e-mail with "i'd like the mag" in the subect heading.

Also, if you guys have any ideas about other articles or just want to submit something for the heck of it, send it on through to me (Anything that has to do with you and your Audi. If its just a fun or cool picture, send it with a caption of some kind.). Word (.doc) format is the best way for text submissions (please send pics as jpeg format), but if you have any questions just e-mail me.

It's a project of love so don't expect to get actual pay for it. Maybe if things work out we can get some sponsors, but right now, i'm just curious if you guys would be interested.

If you think this is a crappy idea, well then just say so also. I'd really want to do it if there were enough people interested and willing to do write ups and articles.

Ask guys on the other forums also. i wouldn't mind adding other sections (TT, S4, etc.), but I'd want to make sure we B5'ers are well represented first.

Any other ideas are more than welcome also.

Remember to send me an e-mail if your interested in getting something like this in your mail box.

Peace out!

Jefo
j@ojedaenglish.com

I'm serious about this so please be honest in your opinion, not brutal!
Share the love!!

[az] [a4] [drive] [race] [az]

foofighter
02-28-2005, 11:13 AM
why not just contribute to Audizine w/ your articles etc?

drlandry00
02-28-2005, 11:15 AM
^^^Ditto, we all love the Zine, so keep the love here man!!! Try to work something out with the ^^admins. to see if they will let you send a montly letter out to all the Audiziners that want it.. Good luck

Jefo
02-28-2005, 11:17 AM
i thought about that, but the whole point would be to just have a collection of articles in one place that could be carried around without internet access. It's also, just 'cause I think it would be cool to have a B5 mag. Since i don't think there is one.

Just an idea though. As i said, if it doesnt fly, it's cool. I thought it would be fun to try it if it was something people wanted.

Thanks for your honest opinion.

Jefo

foofighter
02-28-2005, 11:22 AM
i still think it's agreat idea though

mudshoveler
02-28-2005, 11:27 AM
I think one possibility, if Anth allows it (and it may have to be added to the rules when you sign up, for legal purposes), would be to make a monthly/weekly newsletter which compiles major topics discussed in the last month/week. Sounds tacky, I know, but for someone who can't come here and read over all the threads, it'd be nice to get a weekly update on the latest tech writeups, product releases, a weekly feature car, etc.

Just thoughts, not saying it'd work! Not to mention it'd be an assload of work...

Jefo
02-28-2005, 11:39 AM
I know it's work, but after going through grad school in English: Rhet and Comp. I think it'd be fun. And i know what you mean about not being able to ge online when you want to. Thats why i thought about the e-mag idea. I think there are lots of us that would like to but cant quite do it as often as we'd like.

And as for work, well, I don't mind it. Beats writing about dead guys that no one other than other English grad students know! I'd take Audi's over that any day!!!

SoloSpeed101
02-28-2005, 11:47 AM
i'd like the mag.

Anthony
02-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Those are all tings you could easily contribute to AZ, no need to start a whole new site.

Monthly or weekly email updates is something we'll be doing in the near future. By request only of course.

Jefo
02-28-2005, 01:27 PM
that sounds cool Anthony. I guess my idea wont be needed then. :)

skaterjay85
02-28-2005, 01:27 PM
I think he's talking about a magazine not a website. A B5 mag could be cool

Jefo
02-28-2005, 01:28 PM
yeah, i was talkin about a magazine.. a web site would really be too much. can't do that. but the mag i thought would be fun.. anyway, just an idea..

imola_Jon
02-28-2005, 01:29 PM
It be cool to see some B5 stuff in print as long as you include B5 S4s too!

Anthony
02-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Oh, well you said E-Zine...so I figured you meant an online info source.

jones3000
02-28-2005, 02:07 PM
I like the idea but keep it here. Let's have like a "car of the week" or month page. It would come up as soon as you log on. People would have to submit pics and a story of their car to see who would be on every week or whatever. I think it'll work better that way.

alen
02-28-2005, 03:17 PM
I think it's a very good idea (I'd be down for it) but to minimize the cost of printing and such, I think it would be far more reasonable to post it online, like Audizine. Also, since there are a lot of B5 members registered with Audizine, it would be really effective in spreading the e-mag among members.

EVIL-AUDI
02-28-2005, 03:20 PM
I'd rather stay here, thanks.

Rieger_RS4
02-28-2005, 03:32 PM
it would be kinda nice to have a ride of the month or something

Anthony
02-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Rieger_RS4
it would be kinda nice to have a ride of the month or something Patience...already working on it. [cool]

BoostinA4
02-28-2005, 04:09 PM
i think the mag is a good idea...i could read it at the "office" ...if you know what i mean

Daft
02-28-2005, 04:43 PM
One of the sites where I used to post for my DSM had a "ride of the month" feature and after choosing a favorite ride out of 4-5 entrants, the winner would receive a free part from a sponsor vendor of the site. Nothing big, like an air filter or wheel locks, etc...

The winner's vehicle also was the main pic of the site's homepage for the whole month with a link to the vehicle specs and additional pics.

Jefo
03-01-2005, 08:36 AM
All very good ideas and sounds like the moderators already have it in mind. Glad at least i brought it up to talk about. I still think having the PDF would be good for the "office" and things like that. But all of he above are very good ideas.

ONe note: I don't want to take anything away from audizine. So i hope no one thinks that. It's just that some of us dont have all day access and it would be nice to have soething to carry with that is already prepared rather than have to copy, paste and save it in a format that doesn't do the subject (our cars) justice. That's all I was thinking about when i came up with the idea. So hope no one took offense. It was never meant as anything but another way to find out more about our cars and the guys who love 'em.

[:D] [:D] CHeers!!!

Jefo
03-01-2005, 08:36 AM
but if i can help in any way.. let me know.. i'm down for it..

Anthony
03-01-2005, 12:37 PM
No offense taken here, Jefo. If you ever have any questions, ideas, suggestions, we're all ears.

IndieRockSteve
03-01-2005, 01:08 PM
PDF versions with a common format for tech articles?

so here's an idea, audizine is just the forum (ie www.audizine.com takes you to the forum). Why not set it up so that it is a homepage for this "magazine". There is already so much info on the web for our cars, getting info is usually about searching and compiling. So here's what I envision for a "magazine" Audizine site...

1. Tech articles, etc. nicely laid out, with content from all available resources at the time. I did something similar with my oil change FAQ I did, I plan on doing a couple more of these as I have time. I could just as easily prepare them for said "magazine".
2. forum summary's for week. compile the hottest threads that week with useful information.
3. ride of the month/week/x amount of time. Highlight one car, with an short interview with the owner, some pics, and information on mods they've done as well as their dyno stats.
4. Provide everything in PDF and html format. PDF so people can print them and html for online viewing.
Then have a main editor or two in charge of content and web person for handling the website. Let members contribute articles to the editors for submission.

throw a nice big link to the forums at the top of the page, some ads for revenue, and your set.

This could then be done for all models. think of it as a Wiki-audi of sorts.

One thing I would stress though is to not bother with Audi press releases and that sort of thing, theres already plenty of sites that do that sort of thing, and it wouldn't add any benefit.

Anthony
03-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Again, new features are in the works. Been working on it for awhile now...

BoostinA4
03-01-2005, 03:10 PM
the whole point of the magazine is for people who dont have ALL DAY internet access....get that through your heads.....jefo i think its a good idea becuase im not always at a computer so i cant live at audizine....but if i had the mag ....i could somewhat be there..if you know what i mean

Jefo
03-04-2005, 08:43 AM
I know exactly what you mean BoostinA4. That's why i thought about it also. But looks like the Moderators here at Audizine are already looking into it and coming up with something similar. If so, that rocks! If not, then maybe I can work something out. All in All though, i'm not here to step on anyones toes.. just want more audi stuff when im not on the comp... I thought about a mods section that had articles for beginniers, mids and advanced mods.. sine i know we can't all afford the $4000 mods people talk about, and sometimes its just cool to learn about the simple stuff people are doing, but still know what the big guys are doing so we have something to look forward to.. i don't know.. these are just ideas ... anyway.. hope the guys here at Audizine give us a rockin e-mail every week or month or whenever. i think that would really be very cool. I love Audizine.. keep up the good work guys.. let me know if i can help.

Anthony
03-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Just another note...

We currently have a Tech Forum Section where our Members can add their Install How-Tos...it needs to be used more.

You can produce a printable version of a particular Tech How-To Thread to use for when you're doing said install.