PDA

View Full Version : Ac Problem Please help!!!!!!!!!!

fitchottie
10-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Yesterday I replaced two window regulators, that went okay but in the process of reconnecting everything the car was turned on doors were open and the battery died. got a jump and everything was working or so i thought, today after washing the car since it had been sitting in my garage for a week (poor thing) I go to drive windows work radio works (ac doesn't, the off light is lit along with the rear defrost, but it will not come on not temperature nothing,when i start the car it sounds like the compressor might start but it doesn't. I pulled the blower fuse next to the steering wheel and that was fine. Any ideas? please help.......... no ac no heat is crazy.

ADNpro
10-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Could be a short somewhere perhaps?
That's all I can think of, but I don't know much at all about electrical systems and what not.

fitchottie
10-09-2010, 03:19 PM
What could i have shorted with door wiring? is there something in the doors that could affect that?

99blueb5
10-09-2010, 03:25 PM
how long has i been since you used it last? chances are that its not connected to when you did the regualators

fitchottie
10-09-2010, 03:29 PM
One week exactly.

99blueb5
10-09-2010, 03:40 PM
there is a possibility that the system was right on the verge of being to low and that time was just enough, the a/c comp wont kick on unless there is a certain amount of pressure in the system, and you said you have no heat either? if thats the case then there has to be something wrong with the climate control

fitchottie
10-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Meaning what exactly? how would i check the heat if no temperature will pop on the screen the only other thing I didn't mention was my ac over the summer was not as cold as it use to be, I was thinking of getting it charged but never did.

fitchottie
10-09-2010, 04:01 PM
is there stuff I should check, to sort of narrow down the problem?

fitchottie
10-09-2010, 04:17 PM
The rear defrost button was stuck, thank you anyway... I was about to sh$%t as I just save 700 doing the window regulators my self they only cost 65 each side new on ebay and the dealer wanted to charge 400 per side installed, I thought this was going to be a expensive fix........ thank god.