PDA

View Full Version : Valetine 1 hardwire writeup?

mtg729
10-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Whats up guys. First post over here. Come from a big BMW background and know my way around a car decently well.

Picked up a 01.5 a4 a few weeks ago and love it. Im trying to install a V1 in my a4 but the electronics have got me pretty confused. It seems like none of the sunroof wires are hot in and the 2 that I did find were only hot at all times.

I managed to find a wire that is not hot when the car is off and hardwired it to that. But when I hit the lock button on my remote the V1 gets power with the car off for a second then cuts off. Does this each time the lock button is hit with the vehicle off.

I searched around and most writeups are for the b6/7/8 platforms. Any help would be appreciated.

dmaxn
10-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Whats up guys. First post over here. Come from a big BMW background and know my way around a car decently well.

Picked up a 01.5 a4 a few weeks ago and love it. Im trying to install a V1 in my a4 but the electronics have got me pretty confused. It seems like none of the sunroof wires are hot in and the 2 that I did find were only hot at all times.

I managed to find a wire that is not hot when the car is off and hardwired it to that. But when I hit the lock button on my remote the V1 gets power with the car off for a second then cuts off. Does this each time the lock button is hit with the vehicle off.

I searched around and most writeups are for the b6/7/8 platforms. Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry I cant help with the install, but I just had mines hardwired at AMS in Linden. They also installed my stealth gauge. Just a FYI in case you get frustrated. I could not find anything detailed so I took the easy way out.

trav10
10-07-2010, 06:23 PM
does this help?
http://www.audiforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79236

frameshift18
10-07-2010, 06:29 PM
I used power from behind the sunroof switch area and ran the wires underneath the headliner and out to the detector where the headliner and windshield meet.