PDA

View Full Version : Just took at A4 to the shop

Los503
10-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Damn man i just got this on saturday i knew the breaks were bad. my mechanic took a look and drove it said the tranny and engine was good so i got the car.....man once i took it to the shop and it got thrown on the lift i needed axels, rotors, breaks, and control arms[=(]so all this is gonna cost me around 1500 now i see why its a love hate with this car and its my fault for not doing any research also[headbang]

2001A4QUATTRO
10-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Ok..

Take a second to realize that the shop is telling you what SHOULD be done, not what NEEDS to be done.
If your brakes are low or grinding you NEED to get those replaced.
Depending on the condition of the axles you may have time on those. Any vibration while driving or clicking when you turn?
Control arms.. LOL Almost every B5 on the road either needs them or has already replaced them.

If you dont know what you are doing/looking at you should really take it to a shop you trust. GL

Los503
10-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Ok..

Take a second to realize that the shop is telling you what SHOULD be done, not what NEEDS to be done.
If your brakes are low or grinding you NEED to get those replaced.
Depending on the condition of the axles you may have time on those. Any vibration while driving or clicking when you turn?
Control arms.. LOL Almost every B5 on the road either needs them or has already replaced them.

If you dont know what you are doing/looking at you should really take it to a shop you trust. GL

i trust this mechanic at the shop...and the car will vibrate kinda like jumpy when i floored it he told me what i needed done and what could wait but i decided i might as well change everything...yea i noticed that a lot that control arms get changed hopefully itll be awhile before i go back again

rovimos
10-05-2010, 07:15 PM
i just replaced the entire front suspension rotors and brakes. im in hackensack let me know if you need help.

Los503
10-05-2010, 07:35 PM
i just replaced the entire front suspension rotors and brakes. im in hackensack let me know if you need help.

cool...thanks alot im out in elizabeth