PDA

View Full Version : Which springs are better?

SIMPLXA4
10-03-2010, 10:27 PM
So I'm looking into dropping my 97 A4 the ideal drop would be about 2" in the front and 1.8"ish in the rear.

I've looked into H&R sport spring but think it might not be enough, and the H&R race spring might to much as I've heard the springs can settle as much as 2.5" and that's more then the drop I want. Then there is Nuespeed race spring that states the drop is 2" all the way around this sounded like the prefect spring until I started reading reviews off people stating the Nuespeed settles way more then the 2" stated by Nuespeed.

So I need some input from you fellow A4 guys, any of you running the H&R sport springs? Have they settled more then 1.5" they claim to drop?
Anyone else running the nuespeed race springs? Have they settled at the 2" or have they dropped the car more then 2"?

The only reason I'm concerned I daily drive this car and dont want a "huge drop" just enough of a drop so it doesnt look like a 4x4 monster.

D's Avant
10-04-2010, 02:43 PM
I would save your money for coil-overs if you can. Nuespeed race springs should work, seem a little low for Utah's winters though. Vogtalands (sp?) are another option too.

Kronic Budz
10-04-2010, 05:34 PM
sport springs will most likely not be enough drop for you. but race might be a little harsh and probably not "too low"...

h4robkr123
10-05-2010, 06:50 AM
I drove in NH winters on race springs every single day and it was fine. I had HR races and they dropped about what they state they will.

99blueb5
10-05-2010, 08:28 AM
yeah you want the race springs, i had the sport springs and didnt like them at all, did not drop is close to enough, many many people are running race springs and have no issues with clearance even in the snow

SIMPLXA4
10-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Not worried to much about the snow as I'm use to driving in it. More concerened about saging and bad quility of the springs.
I'm a bit intersted in the Vogtalands, Anyone running the nuespeed race springs? Have they saged at all?

freeskiwp
10-05-2010, 03:08 PM
I use H&R race springs in Tahoe and drive the car through the winter. With good snow tires I have very few issues.

tar
10-05-2010, 07:09 PM
i run neuspeed race and snowboard 100ish days a year. granted im in socal but we got some 5 foot storms last winter and i did fine.

havnt sagged in the 1.5years ive had em on it.
if i were to do it over id get some ksports or h&r coilovers

ParkerB5
10-06-2010, 06:20 PM
So I'm looking into dropping my 97 A4 the ideal drop would be about 2" in the front and 1.8"ish in the rear.

I've looked into H&R sport spring but think it might not be enough, and the H&R race spring might to much as I've heard the springs can settle as much as 2.5" and that's more then the drop I want. Then there is Nuespeed race spring that states the drop is 2" all the way around this sounded like the prefect spring until I started reading reviews off people stating the Nuespeed settles way more then the 2" stated by Nuespeed.

So I need some input from you fellow A4 guys, any of you running the H&R sport springs? Have they settled more then 1.5" they claim to drop?
Anyone else running the nuespeed race springs? Have they settled at the 2" or have they dropped the car more then 2"?

The only reason I'm concerned I daily drive this car and dont want a "huge drop" just enough of a drop so it doesnt look like a 4x4 monster.

I run H&R race front and rear, have trouble on some speed bumps but its a nice drop if you wanna drop the rear more ive heard h&r race in the front and neuspeed race in the rear, i feel as though sport is a waste of time/ money, gooo looow if you are gunna do it!

JEmm
10-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Check out vogtland non progressives. You won't be SLAMMED and you'll have a real solid ride.