PDA

View Full Version : clutch problems after high RPM's?

bryanheisergb
10-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Whenever I drive while hitting higher RPM's(4,000 and above) the clutch starts to feel weird after awhile. If I take it to 6,000 it's almost an instant weird feeling whenever I press in the clutch. It feels easier to push in and almost like it's vibrating. It's very hard to explain. The clutch does not slip at all under normal daily driving, But I had a 4 hour drive to H20 and on the way there, while trying to keep up with my friend, I was up around 85-90mph for a long period of time. I got to a stop light and when I went to take off.. engaging the clutch felt really weird. Like, it hesitated. The car bucked a little. Maybe it was slipping? I babied it through 1st/2nd/3rd. As soon as I got into 4th/5th gear it was fine. I kept my speed/RPM's low for awhile and it started to feel better as I went on. I kept my RPM's under 4,000 on the drive home and it was fine. The problem only seems to occur when I hit RPM's above 4,000. It's just odd to think that it is my clutch because wouldn't it always slip? I did the 30mph/5th gear test and no slipping at all. Also, one morning on a cold start on my way to work I took it to 6,200RPM's and it felt fine after. If I were to take it that high after driving for 20min and the car warming up the clutch would get that odd feeling again. Could it be something to do with how warm the car is?

It sucked because I was half scared to drive my car at H20. It's been doing it for awhile but I figured of all places for something to go wrong..it would be when I was 4 hours from home. Any help would be appreciated

It's a 30v 2.8 by the way

AudiNFS
10-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Do you have the stock clutch in?