PDA

View Full Version : which enfig blitzsafe should I get?

b5audi(t)
02-27-2005, 08:44 AM
First off, I just want to say hi to everyone in AZ. I just moved up to a 2000 A4 1.8T with sport package during Christmas and sold my 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg last week, and I love the Audi.

No squeaks, rattles and shaking compared to the ol' MkIV and it handles and rides way better too.

So for my first mod (besides the 15% tints all 'round), I want to get my iPod to work with the stock Symphony stereo. I think I'm going to go with Enfig's Blitzsafe adapter, but which one is the best setup?

http://enfigpics.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/AUDI_AUX_DMX_V1.JPG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this model connects to the cd changer port in the trunk ...

http://enfigpics.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/AUDI_IPOD_1.JPG

And this one connects to the back of the stereo and charges the iPod, right?

I really don't travel that much to require my iPod to charge while I drive, so I'll be fine with the first one, right?

Ben@SpeedBarn
02-27-2005, 09:13 AM
The other benefit of the 2nd one is that you won't have to either put the ipod in the trunk or run RCAs to the front of the car. I would say depending on the price difference the front would just make everything easier.

Ben@SpeedBarn
02-27-2005, 09:20 AM
What about this one. The price difference between the 2 you posted were double. Not worth it for charging if you're not real worried about that. But this one is only $10 more than the rear mount and you wouldn't have to run RCAs up to the front.

http://enfigpics.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/media/AUDI_AUX_DMX_V1B.jpg

b5audi(t)
02-27-2005, 09:26 AM
thanks for the replies Ben.

Yeah, the prices for those two units are ~$50 and ~$125, respectively. You got a link for that model? I couldn't find it on enfig's "new site."

Sorry to ask a noobish Audi question, but are all those harness wirings found on the back of the Symphony, including the "OEM changer port"? Isn't the CD changer port in the trunk?

Ben@SpeedBarn
02-27-2005, 09:32 AM
The round plug for the cd changer is in the trunk. The other ones(square) are the back of the headunit.

It was under "audio inputs" rather than "ipod stuff" after you get into the audi section on the site. It's only 10 bucks. A good set of long RCAs would be more than that plus the time it takes to run them up front.

b5audi(t)
02-27-2005, 09:43 AM
thanks for all your help Ben.

Ben@SpeedBarn
02-27-2005, 09:45 AM
To be more descriptive. In the above picture the multi colored plug would plug into the back of the headunit. The the wires from the blue section would normally run back to the round cd changer plug in the trunk but in this case hey go directly to the blitzsafe adapter right there.

b5audi(t)
02-27-2005, 09:54 AM
the red OEM changer port plug also plugs into the back of the Symphony along with the yellow/green/blue plugs, right?

Ben@SpeedBarn
02-27-2005, 10:06 AM
No. The plug on the car side would plug into the red plug and then the multi colored plug would go into the Head unit. Its pretty much just splicing out the RCA feed for the changer rather than you cutting and splicing yourself. I'm sure there are some resistors and other things in there as well.