PDA

View Full Version : New to Audi

Hobo30
09-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Whats up guys!

I'm new to audi i have a friend on this form who has an audi S4 stage 2. now that im getting my third car i thought i would do it right and go audi.

I'm 17 turning 18 in a few months my first car was a honda accord lx 1992, my second car was a VW bug 1970 1776cc engine (did myself), and now i want to go audi. as soon as i turn 18 im getting a loan for the car, and not to worry im not stupid i can afford this loan. my question for everyone here is. if i start with a stock audi b5 a4 1.8t, what steps do i take to get my car to stage 2. stage 1 i believe is a chip and exhaust. blah blah blah.. i would really love it if someone takes the time to spell out all the parts i need and approximate cost. while your at it you can tell me the cost of a stage 3.

I'm 17 mind you. and my parents won't be paying for squat so don't be telling me to buy everything new or take my car to some shop and have them do it. I turn my own wrench and play with my own nuts thank you [wrench]

my knowledge as cars go. is about as far as bugs.. i can tell you a crap load about bugs. i turned my bug from a stock 1600cc engine to a 1776cc. it was a fun project and i miss that car. but being how the car is WAY older than me, yes it was awsome to work on.. but you don't hear about so much as a radiator in a stock bug, so much as a turbo, even fuel injected was new. so this is a HUGE learning curve for me. yes i worked on my friends race car. a 1991 Honda Prelude but that was crude work.. for racing everything was gutted. if you made a mistake on it oh well just cut it out. or if you get pissed off take a sledge hammer to it. i don't expect to be doing that to the audi.

and my shoe size is a 10 1/2 i think thats all about me. Thanks for reading!

NeedingAnAudi
09-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Check out Lazer Viking's build, I think his costs for his bt setup ended up being $1700

Hobo30
09-30-2010, 08:49 PM
i was searching forever trying to find what your talking about. can i get a link plz?

NeedingAnAudi
09-30-2010, 09:15 PM
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/347749-my-50trim-t3-t4-build?highlight=

coolgraymemo
09-30-2010, 09:17 PM
check this out:
http://www.goapr.com/products/?vehicle=A4_B5

Stage 1:
ECU Upgrade

Stage 2:
Exhaust
Intake
FMIC
Diverter Valve
+Stage 1

Stage 3:
Turbo Kit (BT or BAT)
Supporting ECU upgrade depending on Turbo
+Stage 2

Hobo30
09-30-2010, 09:31 PM
no one ever says anything about breaks.. who recommends them. who says why bother?

Euromike
09-30-2010, 09:41 PM
I say why bother. BBK's are around a grand. Unluess your going to make serious stage 3 power, Just go with some nice pads and rotors. Maybe A8 upgrade on fronts.

Hobo30
09-30-2010, 09:50 PM
true that. once i get out of highschool ill put in the stage 3 turbo........ maybe...
also is that lazer viking guy. is his car a stage3 or 2? because if his is a stage3 and he only paid around 1200 for that... sign me up when do i post my project thread!

as a side question for cosmetics if i get a white a4, how cheesy will it look with a black roof? i do not want a ricer, i just want to know how classy it looks.
Rims are also another question. but its mostly a matter of preference. until you get high up in 2-3 stage

bigACA4
09-30-2010, 10:15 PM
true that. once i get out of highschool ill put in the stage 3 turbo........ maybe...
also is that lazer viking guy. is his car a stage3 or 2? because if his is a stage3 and he only paid around 1200 for that... sign me up when do i post my project thread!

as a side question for cosmetics if i get a white a4, how cheesy will it look with a black roof? i do not want a ricer, i just want to know how classy it looks.
Rims are also another question. but its mostly a matter of preference. until you get high up in 2-3 stage

keep the outside stock and classy. thats what im planning on doing.i found a nice back windshield spoiler that i have on my a4 which looks nice and its an easy application. it gives a sporty but still classy look and once you get an exhaust, the tips add a nice look. not ricy at all.

zx6r1033
10-01-2010, 06:14 AM
I still say go for it with the black roof.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm235/jibberjive/Audi/p3231388.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm235/jibberjive/RS6%20Build/P1050019.jpg

Class is all in the eyes of the owner... It'll look beautiful either way. I just prefer the black roof look for some reason.

NeedingAnAudi
10-01-2010, 08:44 AM

A4 owners don't really do "stages" they do K03, K04, BT, BAT, BAFT, and of course BAMFT. I think Lazer Viking is somewhere between BT-BAT.

bigACA4
10-01-2010, 09:32 AM
I still say go for it with the black roof.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm235/jibberjive/Audi/p3231388.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm235/jibberjive/RS6%20Build/P1050019.jpg

Class is all in the eyes of the owner... It'll look beautiful either way. I just prefer the black roof look for some reason.

wow, that actually looks really nice. ive never seen that before. for some reason i pictured it extending to the hood but that looks pretty awesome. i say go for it. what kind of bumper is that? i like it alot.

Hobo30
10-01-2010, 09:48 AM
wow, that actually looks really nice. ive never seen that before. for some reason i pictured it extending to the hood but that looks pretty awesome. i say go for it. what kind of bumper is that? i like it alot.

that looks like a S4 bumper. but im no expert

Also for the spoiler... why... what is the real point of a spoiler espitaly on the back window. down force put on the cab is going to do what? to me a ricer is a car with extra parts that serve no reason for being there. if you replace a part its changing the look, not really riceing.

also for the owner of that a4, that car looks nice. is that a 1" drop?

MLFHNTR
10-01-2010, 09:49 AM
That does look good with the black. that bumper looks similar to an "RS4" look. might be a knock off though

ADNpro
10-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Black roofs get a [up] from me.

Hobo30
10-01-2010, 10:13 AM
some people paint the hood and truck black to.. Too much? (i think it is)

Euromike
10-01-2010, 10:25 AM
I just noticed you said your friends car was a stage 2 S4.

You dont expect to keep up with him do you? lol

bigACA4
10-01-2010, 10:47 AM
that looks like a S4 bumper. but im no expert

Also for the spoiler... why... what is the real point of a spoiler espitaly on the back window. down force put on the cab is going to do what? to me a ricer is a car with extra parts that serve no reason for being there. if you replace a part its changing the look, not really riceing.

Never said anything about downforce on anything [>_>] im just putting my 2 cents in saying that it adds an extra look.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=30u9ye8&s=7

Here's a pic of mine [cool] [a4]

Euromike
10-01-2010, 11:09 AM

I think it looks ricey

Oceanside
10-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Get your car to stage 2 and youll be happy for a good bit with it, welcome to the community

bigACA4
10-01-2010, 11:34 AM

That's ricy

Hobo30
10-01-2010, 11:57 AM
sorry when you said window spoiler i think the suberu or honda wings:
http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Bodykits/Skoda_Fabia/fabia_roof_spoiler.jpg

I should be getting my car within 6 months. ill be posting a build thread when i do. i want to take the car as far as i can before i can't do anything else to it but drop a new engine in it. i want to keep the upgrades under 4 grand.

99blueb5
10-01-2010, 12:40 PM
i would go to stage 2 and stop, im stage 3 and parts can add up crazy quick. the kit im running retails for around 3k and you still need money for exhaust, stock clutch wont last for long, yeah the power is good but your can go 5k into a stage 3 easily, luckily i have about 1500 into my stage 3. stage 2 will be plenty i would suggest a pc-16 setup, includes injectors, tune, ko4 and then you can do many more bolt ons, as for price depends if you buy new or used, my buddy spent around 1200 for his setup and it was plenty fast enough

exogen
10-01-2010, 12:57 PM
chip, exhaust, supporting mods ( dv/hoses ) intake. wheels, clearcorner, drop (suspension) and your set until your read for bigturbo and its supporting mods.

just my 0.2 that makes a clean car.

zx6r1033
10-01-2010, 04:58 PM
what kind of bumper is that? i like it alot.

That would be an RS4 bumper.

Rice.

chip, exhaust, supporting mods ( dv/hoses ) intake. wheels, clearcorner, drop (suspension) and your set until your read for bigturbo and its supporting mods.

This. Although, IMO, not necessarily in that order. I don't know how the pre-facelift cars are, but you can CC your stock turns in the newer B5s yourself. No need to buy new lights. I'll help you with it when you are ready, if you want to go that route.

Lol, that's not my car, tool. It's an S4... the guy posted pics of it in the "Casa reppin" thread on the S4 side. But it looks a bit lower than mine.

VMRWheels
10-01-2010, 05:04 PM

Roof spoilers are usually added for aesthetics, rather than anything else. This isn't a large wing, just a simple/clean addition. Personally, I'm a fan, though I'm sure they aren't for everyone.

Welcome to the Audi crowd! If you ever have any questions about the VMR Wheels lineup, let me know [drive]

alsabti3
10-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Roof spoilers are usually added for aesthetics, rather than anything else. This isn't a large wing, just a simple/clean addition. Personally, I'm a fan, though I'm sure they aren't for everyone.

Welcome to the Audi crowd! If you ever have any questions about the VMR Wheels lineup, let me know [drive]

Ya actually I have a question: Could you guys send me some nice wheels w/ tires and then I'll pay you back in about a few years with interest?

bigACA4
10-01-2010, 07:23 PM
sorry when you said window spoiler i think the suberu or honda wings:
http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Bodykits/Skoda_Fabia/fabia_roof_spoiler.jpg

I should be getting my car within 6 months. ill be posting a build thread when i do. i want to take the car as far as i can before i can't do anything else to it but drop a new engine in it. i want to keep the upgrades under 4 grand.

No problem. Yeah, those are stupid looking.

magnum46
10-02-2010, 09:22 AM
This is a good thread. Got many ideas here.

Hobo30
10-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Also i have a question about doing a Cat-back. i live in florida. im not sure about the laws on a cat back. but even then i was thinking about making a mock muffler. basically gutting out a muffler and wrapping it around the pipe that way if someone checks i don't get butt fucked by the law :)

zx6r1033
10-02-2010, 07:48 PM
The florida laws pertain more to the decibel level than they do the equipment. Its illegal to remove exhaust components from a car, but in the end, it all boils down to how loud it is. And if it is loud enough so you get pulled by an officer, a fake muffler won't save your ass.

There are incidents involving tickets for exhaust that are just plain ludicrous anyhow... so no one is exempt. There are stories on the evo forums of guys getting pulled over and issued tickets for the volume of their exhaust when their entire exhaust system was stock. It varies widely depending on where you live. Most other states don't vary as much because exhaust laws usually fall under inspection. FL has no inspection.

But then, I already explained that to you. So I guess you are looking for a different answer. :/

Hobo30
10-02-2010, 09:26 PM
well being how im supper stretched for money, i was just looking at options for alternatives. i really can't afford a fine. yes i asked you. yes i got an answer from you and i appreciate that. im just supper nervous about getting a fine. no way i can afford it. ill tell you more later in depth.

zx6r1033
10-02-2010, 09:50 PM
well being how im supper stretched for money, i was just looking at options for alternatives. i really can't afford a fine. yes i asked you. yes i got an answer from you and i appreciate that. im just supper nervous about getting a fine. no way i can afford it. ill tell you more later in depth.

lol I got ya. Yeah, I'll text you some links I've dug up for you a bit later tonight.

Hobo30
10-02-2010, 11:02 PM
sweet deal dude.

ayfour99
10-04-2010, 07:32 AM
ur 17 and on ur 3rd car??
http://www.goapr.com/products/?vehicle=A4_B5
not saying to buy these brand new..use it as a guideline
finally some1 who can " turn my own wrench and play with my own nuts thank you" haha never heard that before