PDA

View Full Version : A sad day i my world(possible parting out of car)

SEXIC─N
02-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Well this morning on my way home, it was really foggy and i couldn't see the road and ran off the road damaging my car pretty bad. Luckily i'm ok with some minor brusing and some cuts. Well i'm not sure what going on with insurance, but i might be parting out my car.[=(] I'll let you konw whats for sale, but as for right now i can tell you whats not for sale, Left headlight, hood, front bumper, any front suspension parts, most likely there are more but thas all that i saw.

Ben@SpeedBarn
02-26-2005, 08:29 AM
That sucks! Good luck with getting everything sorted out though.

Rosati
02-26-2005, 08:36 AM
shitt.... Washington'll do that to ya huh

alen
02-26-2005, 09:47 AM
dang, sorry to hear that. always bad to hear.

SoloSpeed101
02-26-2005, 10:25 AM
that must be a pretty bad runoff huh? good to hear you are ok tho.

SEXIC─N
02-26-2005, 01:10 PM
thanks guys for being concerned, i'm just waiting for the shop to see how much the damages are and if its totaled or not.

turbow8
02-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Start off saying sorry, but we gotta see some pictures. If its as bad as some of us are thinking I would hope its totaled. Either way good thing your still typing and goodluck with the deal.

SEXIC─N
02-26-2005, 02:13 PM
well i'll take pictures today when i go and get my personal belongings from the car.

I just got the call from the shop evaluating the damage and they are totalling my baby out[=(]

A4 in SC
02-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Dang man, that sucks. I know what it's like having your insurance company total a car (I totalled a Miata back in October). Hopefully, they'll give you fair market value for it and you can find another one. I found another Miata, although I started looking online the night I wrecked my first one.

Good luck!!!

Mike

SEXIC─N
02-26-2005, 03:59 PM
yeah, i'm already looking at cars, i will try and get an S4 but i doubt it, but i'm going to try. If that doesn't work, i'm going for anything witha stock turbo and AWD

jjjoe
02-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Condolences on your car. Happy hunting for the new one, though.

Kyhai
02-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Yea, it was really foggy today...
Sorry for your lost...
Go get yourself a Lancer Evo. [:D]

Audi2point8Kid
02-26-2005, 06:45 PM
sorry to hear about ur car but atleast your good.

SEXIC─N
02-26-2005, 07:11 PM
i have the pictures, but i don't have a way of hosting them. If someone want to set it up for me that would be great. Just PM me with your email and i'll send them to you. TIA

Rieger_RS4
02-26-2005, 08:27 PM
I'll take your CPP upper arms when you decide to part.

PM me a price...

sushi_turbo
02-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by SEXICAN
Well this morning on my way home, it was really foggy and i couldn't see the road and ran off the road damaging my car pretty bad. Luckily i'm ok with some minor brusing and some cuts. Well i'm not sure what going on with insurance, but i might be parting out my car.[=(] I'll let you konw whats for sale, but as for right now i can tell you whats not for sale, Left headlight, hood, front bumper, any front suspension parts, most likely there are more but thas all that i saw.

That's my WORST nightmare, as well as any car owners who put major $$$ in mods and all as well as hours of DIY work.

no1hustller
02-27-2005, 05:04 AM
Here are his pics (resized), doesn't look good:

http://members.rennlist.com/stray15/busted%20audi%201.jpg

http://members.rennlist.com/stray15/busted%20audi%202.jpg

http://members.rennlist.com/stray15/busted%20audi%203.jpg

http://members.rennlist.com/stray15/busted%20audi%204.jpg

Daft
02-27-2005, 05:59 AM
If insurance totals the car and you get a check, you have to buy the car from them before you can part it out. Essentially, once you get the check the insurance company owns the car.

I'd get busy taking non-obvious items off of the car.

Audi2point8Kid
02-27-2005, 07:08 AM
god damn... atleast your ok..that looks pretty..nasty.

jaredpgh
02-27-2005, 07:24 AM
sorry about your loss... how much for the rs4 grille??

Nor1824
02-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Sorry to hear that, I am glad you are ok. I will buy your grille if you part out.

SEXIC─N
02-27-2005, 05:58 PM
i was able to get a few things off the car. I got the med kit, my A4 rubber floor mats, tool set, owners manual. trunk box, the CD holder. PM me if you want any of those. I'll see about the APR chip and RS4 grill

derek2079
02-27-2005, 06:05 PM
glad your ok

A4 in SC
02-27-2005, 07:38 PM
You may be able to get some of the stuff mentioned (chip, grille) as personal effects. I was able to get the radio (replaced it with what was in it when I bought it) and things like the boot cover. Most body shops will work with you, as they understand that you have put quite a bit of 'personal effects' into your car.

Good luck! Glad you're OK too!

SEXIC─N
02-28-2005, 01:43 AM
i'll see about the chip and radio and grill i also remember i have the trunk net

SEXIC─N
02-28-2005, 01:55 AM
i also have the emergency signal triangle

MR VTEC
02-28-2005, 07:20 AM
glad your okay what did you hit? or what things did u hit?

Jefo
02-28-2005, 08:30 AM
That sucks man. My parents went to pick up my cousin's truck (he's a marine and just got sent to Iraq for second run) . Anyway, on the way back home they got into major accident and truck was totalled. The best thing is that they are ok. So be glad you are. the car is a shame, but at least you are doin' ok. Just think though, now you can upgrade!!!!...

Sorry bud, hope everything turns out for the best.

best wishes.

Hassmeister
02-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Glad to see you are okay. Now hurry up and strip the not so obvious items off dah car!

SEXIC─N
02-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by MR VTEC
glad your okay what did you hit? or what things did u hit?

What did i hit, more like what didn't i hit. Well i ran into about 7 or 8 fist size trees and a lot of brush and blackberry bushes.

I'm still waiting for the insuranec to call and tell me how much i'll get.

Lets play a game who can guess the closest to what i will get for the car. the exterior was in perfect condition, had about 65000miles(over estimating) on it, Quattro, 5 spd.

A4Rob
02-28-2005, 10:16 AM
dibbs on the soccer ball air freshner :p

A4-Vblack
03-01-2005, 08:05 AM
My guess is $11K. Insurance won't care about how good of shape the car was in. Car type + miles + Year = Payout.

quattro4me
03-01-2005, 09:58 AM
i always hate to see one of my brothers take a fall , sorry about your car dude hope you love your next ride as much as we all enjoy our a4's. i do know one thing though ,there should be a f@*!ing gardrail where ever you went off the road.

Audimarc
03-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Glad to see you are still around......:)

Audimarc
03-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Damn, finally get four rings and now I'm driving a Bimmer.....irony....

SEXIC─N
03-02-2005, 09:55 AM
well i really want to stay in the audi family cause i enjoy coming here to AZ. No matter what car i get i'll be here still. If i can't afford an audi this next car, the next car is just a temp cause i'm going to be moving to Arizona and take the UTI course to become a Certified Audi Tech. So after that ill be back in the audi family

quickglx
03-02-2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by SEXICAN
well i really want to stay in the audi family cause i enjoy coming here to AZ. No matter what car i get i'll be here still. If i can't afford an audi this next car, the next car is just a temp cause i'm going to be moving to Arizona and take the UTI course to become a Certified Audi Tech. So after that ill be back in the audi family

Hey that's awesome! I graduated from the Houston campus, I'm going to Allentown for the Audi Academy later this month. I had a couple friends who went to the Phoenix campus and they loved it. One went to Mercedes and two are now Audi techs...
BTW I sent you a PM, LMK if you can sell that dangling mirror glass for the drivers mirror.

Audimarc
03-02-2005, 10:56 AM
UPDATE: As some of you know, I bought an M3. As of today, I no longer own that vehicle. I though, oddly enough, that with a new car I would protected against having to see the bad end of a garage. I've owned the car three weeks, have had to replace the tranny once (thank God for new car warranties) and today, had to have it towed to Sterling because the tranny is out again. Plus, I am sure that it is missing on one cylinder. They informed that they would re-build the tranny again. WTF???? No, I said, you will replace it. I did not spend $60K on a car to have a re-built tranny in it. I was told that it was up to their discretion as to how they would action the warranty repair. 10 mins after that I had cancelled the sale (LEMON LAW!!! YEAH!!!!!) and am now again driving my TRUSTY A4. Moral of the story? The grass isn't always greener on BMW's property. I am just going to wait for the RS4 to make it here. [rs4]

littlewhite
03-02-2005, 10:59 AM
OMFG Nico, WTF have u done ! YOu must be drunk or getting it on with a girl to have this happen. Where did u run off to? Looks like you hit a pole or something

heartlesskiller
03-02-2005, 11:04 AM
How many years in school to be an Audi tech? 2 years? how much is the school? they have one in phoenix?

what kinda salaries do these guys make?

I've got a BFA but I'm still jealous of the techs that work on my A4.. I think it would be a cool job besides the routine stuff like oil changes, brakes, etc. that'd you be doing everyday.
I just like cars and I'm considering a career change.

quickglx
03-02-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by heartlesskiller
How many years in school to be an Audi tech? 2 years? how much is the school? they have one in phoenix?

what kinda salaries do these guys make?

I've got a BFA but I'm still jealous of the techs that work on my A4.. I think it would be a cool job besides the routine stuff like oil changes, brakes, etc. that'd you be doing everyday.
I just like cars and I'm considering a career change.

It's only a year of the general training for all cars at UTI, but if you have a decent automotive background or previous schooling in that area and can pass the entrance exam I think you can get into the program w/o going to UTI. The Audi academy part is only 3 mo long and they do have campuses in Phoenix. The money is decent for a entry level tech,guaranteed starting salary $15/hr. Not gonna make you rich quick, but after a while you can start earning flat rate where you can double or even triple that sometimes, depending on how fast you are-esp on those boring jobs like you mentioned. PDIs, LOFs, and brakes are good paying jobs, esp customer pay. You can also lose too so flat rate's not perfect. I just like the cars too, but I don't know how long I want to be a tech.... There's alot of issues to think about you'd better be sure what you're doing if you're changing careers

heartlesskiller
03-02-2005, 11:57 AM
if you're a tech where do you go up from there? service manager?

So I could just go straight to Audi academy if I've got a decent automotive background? I'm fairly technically inclined so maybe..

And after you pass Audi Academy you get a certification or something? then direct job placement?

As long as the money is decent and the work is steady I'd definetly consider doing it.
Right now I do graphic design and theres a major salary "plateau" in that field.. I can't seem to make more than $35 - 40k in CA even after 4.5 years of school.
I could go to DC or somewhere and make a grip more working for the government but I'd like to stay in the west if I can.
I just think I'd be cool to work on cars for a living.
seems like honest, steady work.

greengravy
03-02-2005, 12:07 PM
good thing youre ok mang... if you want to stay in the audi family ill be more than happy to sell you mine.

SEXIC─N
03-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Carson, i wish i could say i was getting in on with a girl or drunk for that matter, but i wasn't :( Stupid visibility! The pole that i hit was the road sign.

The UTI program is 54 weeks, and the school in AZ is 22k. UTI's headquarters is in Phoenx, the campus is in like glensdale or something like that. I talked to the head tech at my local daeler and he wasn't able to tell me an exact amount that the tech there make but he did say that their saleries are on the higher end of most certified techs. I know quite a bit about the school already i have done quite a bit of research, so send me a PM and ill tel you more heartlesskiller

SEXIC─N
03-02-2005, 05:18 PM
after you get a job with audi, you have to go to a paid for 9 week specialized program to learn specifics on their cars.

Greengravy if you have an S4 i might consider it.

quickglx
03-02-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm going to the school before I start at the dealer, this way it ensures me at least $15/hr to start. They wouldn't offer me very much pay w/o the certification, even w/ 4 years experience, two years of school, and ASE certs.... bastards. SO taking the school before getting the job is more beneficial, for me at least. It's 16 wks long and you have to sign at least 1yr contract. It is also free as long as you gain employment w/ an apporoved participating dealer, otherwise $6k.

LMK about that mirror & triangle thingy... ttavaglione@hotmail.com

Quattro
03-02-2005, 08:05 PM
ill take the hid =D
sorry to hear your loss =(

SEXIC─N
03-08-2005, 10:08 PM
Hey i have more parts for sale, either check out the FS sections(engine/performance, Interior, exterior) or send me a PM or email (mutinyno9@hotmail.com)for avaible parts