PDA

View Full Version : Bad Bad Miss

fltstone
09-24-2010, 10:24 PM
My 1.8T started missing really bad a few days ago and I haven't been able to figure out whats causing it. My ignition module is only 12 months old. Is there any way to check it?

xRAYx
09-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Check coil packs, spark plugs, clean your maf.

awdjunkies
09-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Have you had your Coil Packs replaced? When was the last time you changed your spark plugs? when was the fuel filter replaced? do yo have a VAG COM (cable)? how about a little more info? Any DTCs/CEL ???

tar
09-25-2010, 10:10 AM
should report as stolen if its missing.

99blueb5
09-25-2010, 12:30 PM
should report as stolen if its missing.

^^ what?, most likely something wrong ignition related, pull all plugs and read them and see if there is any misfire dtc's

tar
09-25-2010, 12:40 PM
^^ what?, most likely something wrong ignition related, pull all plugs and read them and see if there is any misfire dtc's

made a joke at how he said his car was missing but ya do coilpack check, maf, change plugs. or just borrow some1s vagcom and read codes

fltstone
09-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Plugs look great. Started the car up and unplugged each coil until I could see a change. Number one cylinder not firing. Replaced that coil and she running fine now. I only had these coil packs in for 12 months. Got them from Deutsche Parts USA, shouldn't they last longer than a year? Are there any coil pack on the market that are more reliable? If so what are they, and where can I get a set?

sean1.8t
09-25-2010, 07:39 PM

sarcasim
your head.

tar
09-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Plugs look great. Started the car up and unplugged each coil until I could see a change. Number one cylinder not firing. Replaced that coil and she running fine now. I only had these coil packs in for 12 months. Got them from Deutsche Parts USA, shouldn't they last longer than a year? Are there any coil pack on the market that are more reliable? If so what are they, and where can I get a set?

there are some bolt down coils that are alot more reliable but thats the biggest problem with the 1.8t coils blow like nothing. my buddy knocked out 6 this year.