PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who use/used V-band adapters

Seerlah
09-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Is there really a quality control issue when choosing an adapter (4 or 5 bolt to 3" v-band)? Is there a difference really when it comes to purchasing an ATP unit over an OBX or GodSpeed unit? Has anyone ever had one of the "lower quality" unit's weld crack on them (just the v-band adapter, I know manifolds crack easy)? Or should I just fork up the money for an ATP one, just in case?

Thanks!

dowsett6
09-22-2010, 02:45 PM
There shouldn't be any welds on the adapter. It should all be one piece. As long as the cheaper ones dont come warped or get warped from the heat they should be fine.

Seerlah
09-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Just noticed that a couple minutes ago. thanks, though.

Edit: Nevermind, was getting ahead of myself. I am looking into getting the 5 bolt external/external t3 GT2860RS, and noticed ATP is the only one who makes an adapter that will close off the wastegate port and the adapter is indeed welded together. When I was searching, I was looking at both 4 bolt and 5 bolt applications. The 4 bolts are one peice and the ATP 5 bolt one is welded (unless I missed another company that makes one with a flat plate to cover the wastegate port). But if I want to go the route I want, it seems I have no other option than the ATP 5 bolt option. And it looks like the 5 bolt housing has a larger outlet. Should have searched maybe 15 more minutes before posting this question. Thanks, though.