PDA

View Full Version : 3.0Ters or future 3.0Ters check in

Ynnekdude
09-17-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm interested to see who else has a 3.0T on here. Everyone who does seems very quiet. Time to start discussing our mods, etc.

Car:
2009 Phantom Black A6 3.0T
19" Sport Package
Prestige Package

Mods:
30% tint (if you consider it a mod...)
Audizine matte-black plate covers [:D]
18" VMR 708 w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin Pa3 (winter)
Hardwired Valentine 1

Plans:
Apr Chip
RS6 Grill
Coilovers/springs
Carbon Fiber interior trim from oCarbon

Problems:
Blown water pump at ~3000miles
Defective oil filter following dealer oil change @5000miles

Pics
Winter
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Ynnekdude/1-2.jpg

Summer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Ynnekdude/3-1.jpg

bryzf1
09-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Well I'm a future 3.0T'er. My new avant should be here within the next few months.

I plan to order some KW V3's before the car gets here and I'm trying to decide on which wheels to go with. I want to get some 20" wheels since I think they look best on this car considering its size. I'm leaning towards going w/ the Forgestar F14's since they are made to specifically fit the car without spending an arm and a leg.

I also plan to have it reflashed by either APR or Stasis.

colton14
02-27-2011, 12:59 PM
nice

pkancel
02-27-2011, 05:01 PM
I just picked up my 2010 A6 3.0 Premium Plus with Sport Package. Looks exactly like the second picture Ynnekdude posted. Until today when I removed the front plate and blacked out the side chrome trim on the lower section of the doors and I blacked out the front chrome trim that is at the bottom of the front facia. The blackout was done with temporary black tape tint but it looks better to me so I'll make that permanent. I also have 30% tint.

I see your future plans. Does anyone besides APR do a ECU upgrade. APRs is like $1400 correct? I checked Neuspeed as I purchased one from them back in 2003 for the A4 I had and I was extremely happy with it. Also, what does the RS6 grill look like. While at the dealer, I noticed the 2011 S4 with a different 19inch wheel than previous years. It really looks great, very aggressive offset and even though the tire size is the same as our 19s, 255-35-19, I liked them better than the 19s I have now.

I noticed the history on my car and while it only has 17,000 miles, it also needed a waterpump around 10,000 miles. Thats odd, maybe a bad part from the factory. I'll post pics one day this week when I get a chance.

As you said, A6ers way too quiet. Would be nice to see more with pics, especially with mods, wheels, etc. Thanks

Ynnekdude
02-27-2011, 07:10 PM
I just picked up my 2010 A6 3.0 Premium Plus with Sport Package. Looks exactly like the second picture Ynnekdude posted. Until today when I removed the front plate and blacked out the side chrome trim on the lower section of the doors and I blacked out the front chrome trim that is at the bottom of the front facia. The blackout was done with temporary black tape tint but it looks better to me so I'll make that permanent. I also have 30% tint.

I see your future plans. Does anyone besides APR do a ECU upgrade. APRs is like $1400 correct? I checked Neuspeed as I purchased one from them back in 2003 for the A4 I had and I was extremely happy with it. Also, what does the RS6 grill look like. While at the dealer, I noticed the 2011 S4 with a different 19inch wheel than previous years. It really looks great, very aggressive offset and even though the tire size is the same as our 19s, 255-35-19, I liked them better than the 19s I have now.

I noticed the history on my car and while it only has 17,000 miles, it also needed a waterpump around 10,000 miles. Thats odd, maybe a bad part from the factory. I'll post pics one day this week when I get a chance.

As you said, A6ers way too quiet. Would be nice to see more with pics, especially with mods, wheels, etc. Thanks

I would suggest APR. They are expensive but the gains are phenomenal.
http://www.goapr.com/includes/img/products/dyno/30tfsi_long_c6_a6/c6_a6_30tfsi_tip_apr_s1_vs_stock_93_cw.gif

Stasis has a chip but it is just as pricey and not as good IMO. APR will eventually have program switching which allows several programs to be loaded to the ecu which are catered to different octanes. So, once available, you can have a 91, 93, and 100octane program on your car...plus a stock mode to switch to for dealer visits! The Stasis ecu is just a 91 octane program.

I would love to see what the blacked out chrome trim looks like. Please post some pics! [;)]

pkancel
02-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Here are three pics, questionable quality but was taking them as the wife was leaving for work so will get better ones in the next day or two. This is just temporary on the sides with vinyl tape, really want it to be permanent.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/pkancel/DSCN0517.jpg, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/pkancel/DSCN0518.jpg

305Supercharged
03-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Hey guys, how are you doing? I just joined this forum a couple of days ago but been so busy I haven't been able to post anything >.<.

I also am a lucky owner of a nice brand new 2011 Audi A6 3.0T, shall be posting pictures as soon as I can find my camera ;p.

Also noticed, not much love the for A6 around here..or atleast the C6 =(

pkancel
03-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Welcome and yes please post pics. I dont think its a lack of love for the C6 because some friends of mine that are Audi fans, directed me towards this car. I think its just that there are maybe less active A6 C6ers and maybe less likely to modify or be a member of a forum. A4s are loaded.

305Supercharged
03-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome :).

I think its just that there are maybe less active A6 C6ers and maybe less likely to modify or be a member of a forum. A4s are loaded.
True, I kinda didn't think of it that way really ;p. I know A4's are beyond loaded, one of my good friends used to have one and his list goes on and on forever..

Ynnekdude
03-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Welcome!

We need to unite and show tuners they should start developing products for the A6 3.0T! APR did!

305Supercharged
03-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Haha sorry for taking so long, finally found the dam thing ;p.

I introduce to you, my little beast :)

http://img231.imageshack.us/i/p1010738f.jpg

http://img535.imageshack.us/i/p1010741z.jpg

http://img858.imageshack.us/i/p1010740.jpg

305Supercharged
03-12-2011, 08:03 AM
Sorry I don't know why, but Imageshack hasn't been working with me to try to upload the pics straight :(

pkancel
03-17-2011, 07:26 AM
Sorry I don't know why, but Imageshack hasn't been working with me to try to upload the pics straight :(

Car looks great, I am not usually a fan of silver but it really looks great on the A6 C6. and I have to say I am now bummed:)because I wish I had your front facia and rear valence. I like both of those a lot, subtle differences from my 2010 but just a little more aggressive looking

pkancel
03-17-2011, 07:28 AM
Here is a question for you? Anyone have any idea what the "T" stands for in 3.0T? I asked my dealer and they didnt have a clue. They said Turbo and then I said, its Supercharged though, not Turbocharged so..........? dumbfounded and I was more dumbfounded that asking a few people at the dealership, sales and service, no one knew the answer.

305Supercharged
03-17-2011, 09:19 AM
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z451/305Supercharged/BOSS.png

Found this picture from the Novitech BBQ :)

305Supercharged
03-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Car looks great, I am not usually a fan of silver but it really looks great on the A6 C6. and I have to say I am now bummed:)because I wish I had your front facia and rear valence. I like both of those a lot, subtle differences from my 2010 but just a little more aggressive looking

Haha thanks ;p. I was going to get it in Ibis White, but it sold literally a couple of hours before I went to the dealership.

Ynnekdude
03-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Here is a question for you? Anyone have any idea what the "T" stands for in 3.0T? I asked my dealer and they didnt have a clue. They said Turbo and then I said, its Supercharged though, not Turbocharged so..........? dumbfounded and I was more dumbfounded that asking a few people at the dealership, sales and service, no one knew the answer.

They simply decided to use "T" to denote forced induction. Likely a result of them not wanting to see 3.0S and confuse it with the S6 or something like that.

305: Looking fresh! I can't wait to see your car with the S6 valence. Have you decided what specs you are going with for the exhaust?

305Supercharged
03-18-2011, 08:23 AM
305: Looking fresh! I can't wait to see your car with the S6 valence. Have you decided what specs you are going with for the exhaust?

Thanks =D! I haven't decided yet to be honest =p

skela
03-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Hello Guys... 2011 A6 3.0T Prestige owner here with a bone stock car. It's my wife's daily and I've been sworn to not touch it by her. Having said that I'm looking at the APR flash as well... :P
I'm usually found on Vortex in the VW section as my daily is a Phaeton and my weekend car is an R32.
I really love this new Audi and seriously am considering swapping the Phaeton with my wife so I can mod it at will.
I've always been a go over show guy so if given my druthers I would do KW V3's, a new Cat back exhaust and the APR flash and call it good - for now.

All my cars are reflex silver or some dirivative of that, but this new car is more Pewter in color and it looks great IMO.

I'll post up pics later, but like I said, its a stocker so not much to see.

305Supercharged
03-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the family =)

305Supercharged
03-19-2011, 11:55 AM

No worries =)

pkancel
03-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Skela, welcome and please post pics when you have time. All of us here are anxiously waiting to see who bites the bullet first on the ECU upgrade for a 3.0. APR is one option and Stasis seems to have some good performance stats also.

I'll post tomorrow also. Getting wheels installed but supposed to rain so the glory of a clean car with new whips will be short lived.

Hello Guys... 2011 A6 3.0T Prestige owner here with a bone stock car. It's my wife's daily and I've been sworn to not touch it by her. Having said that I'm looking at the APR flash as well... :P
I'm usually found on Vortex in the VW section as my daily is a Phaeton and my weekend car is an R32.
I really love this new Audi and seriously am considering swapping the Phaeton with my wife so I can mod it at will.
I've always been a go over show guy so if given my druthers I would do KW V3's, a new Cat back exhaust and the APR flash and call it good - for now.

All my cars are reflex silver or some dirivative of that, but this new car is more Pewter in color and it looks great IMO.

Ynnekdude
03-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Getting custom exhaust next Monday, APR tune Tuesday (as long as the dealer calls me back...). [:D]

Don't worry, many pics and vids will follow! I will also have my summers mounted finally as long as the weather cooperates. I'm in Missouri right now and it has been in the 80s for the past couple of days. My snow tires have not liked it one bit.

pkancel
03-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Ynnekdude , very cool, we al anxiously await. So APR ECU upgrade is through an Audi dealer like Stasis or dealer for APR?

Missouri, if I recall you are the one in St. Louis yes? If I didnt mention, I am originally from Kansas City but spent just as much time in St Louis, have alot of friends there and of course, Lake of the Ozarks. My mom told me you guys were hitting close to 80, which is funny since here in SO Cal we are in the mid 60s. We were in the 80s when you guys were in 2 feet of snow.

305Supercharged
03-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Getting custom exhaust next Monday, APR tune Tuesday (as long as the dealer calls me back...). [:D]

Likeeee! [up][up]

Ynnekdude
03-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Ynnekdude , very cool, we al anxiously await. So APR ECU upgrade is through an Audi dealer like Stasis or dealer for APR?

Missouri, if I recall you are the one in St. Louis yes? If I didnt mention, I am originally from Kansas City but spent just as much time in St Louis, have alot of friends there and of course, Lake of the Ozarks. My mom told me you guys were hitting close to 80, which is funny since here in SO Cal we are in the mid 60s. We were in the 80s when you guys were in 2 feet of snow.

The APR tune is through an APR dealer, not necessarily a car dealership. I am trying to go through a VW dealership which sells APR but they haven't been very good at getting back to me. If all else fails, there is a tuning shop roughly 8 miles from my house that has gotten good reviews and is an APR dealer as well. Hopefully the VW dealership comes through though; they would be a lot more convenient.

I plan on posting up some pics and vids of the exhaust on Monday before dropping my car off for the tune on Tuesday.

I'm actually in Columbia but only for ~6 months of the year and this is my last year. I love when the weather is warm here but I hate when it gets hot and then snows the next day. I am used to Chicago winters which stay relatively cold and snowy up until April. Unlike most people, I actually enjoy the cold. I'd rather have 2 feet of snow and subzero temperatures over 95 degrees with high humidity. However, nothing beats 73 and breezy like today [:)]

I've been to Lake of the Ozarks. I loved it. I had never really known anything about it until I went 3 years ago. I have gone annually ever since.

Also, has anyone gotten coilovers yet? I am considering KW V1s... I don't think I will need V3s. Hopefully I will get a rear H&R sway as well.

bryzf1
03-22-2011, 08:32 PM
I can't wait to see how you like it

Ynnekdude
03-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Tune scheduled: 11:00am Tuesday. [:D] [:D] [:D]

Dealer I spoke with originally never got back to me. I called them twice last week, once this week, left two messages, and spoke with several employees. Their loss. I am going through a different shop. The shop I scheduled with answered my questions immediately and acted very professional.

jimmyjamm
03-23-2011, 05:59 PM
I read somewhere that to get the APR tune, your ECU needs to be removed and shipped to APR, 2 to 3 day turnaround. Is this accurate?

Ynnekdude
03-23-2011, 06:04 PM
I read somewhere that to get the APR tune, your ECU needs to be removed and shipped to APR, 2 to 3 day turnaround. Is this accurate?

Yep. I was told my car should be up and running on that Thursday or at latest, Friday.

Ynnekdude
03-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Found a station with 93 octane in Columbia. Looks like it's the 93 tune for me! [:)]

305Supercharged
03-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Found a station with 93 octane in Columbia. Looks like it's the 93 tune for me! [:)]

Nice! Can't wait till we get to hear about it =D!

I have finally decided, I shall treat myself to the S6 valence + tips (quite possible exhaust depending on how well I do ;p) by hopefully 2nd or 3rd week of May. April is going to be so insane, filled with tests, projects, and presentation >.<!

Ynnekdude
03-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Got the exhaust work done. Trexturk (Tom) is great. He did an exceptional job at a great price. I will post pics and hopefully videos later this evening. It sounds mean... A little drone but it still needs to be broken in obviously. If anyone in Chicago area is looking to have exhaust work done, I would highly recommend Tom. [:)]

305Supercharged
03-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Got the exhaust work done. Trexturk (Tom) is great. He did an exceptional job at a great price. I will post pics and hopefully videos later this evening. It sounds mean... A little drone but it still needs to be broken in obviously. If anyone in Chicago area is looking to have exhaust work done, I would highly recommend Tom. [:)]

[up][up][:D]

Ynnekdude
03-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Welp, as promised! (better pics will come when I use real camera)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/Ynnekdude/Exhaust_1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39XsjW_Xf2A
I cannot say enough about how great of a job trexturk (Tom} does. The welds, the bends, the tips, everything just looks perfect. I am seriously impressed.