PDA

View Full Version : Central Denver GTG March 19th

SwimmerTy
02-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Central Denver GTG - Saturday, March 19th

"Backed by popular demand since you guys loved February so much..."
The third installment of Denver gatherings is happening Saturday, March 19th @ 1:00pm.
We blew the doors off in February over 100 cars; we have the space, see the photos from last month!

It'll be at Dave + Busters on I-25 and Colorado Blvd.
We'll meet on the top level of the parking garage for D+B and UATC.

Directions:
* Follow I-25 to Colorado Blvd.
* head south on Colorado Blvd; the traffic light north of Evans is where you turn left there.
* Now take the second left (which you drive right by the parking garage) and then left into the parking garage.
* Around and around (slowly) until you're at the top; we'll be meeting there.
* It is free to park for D+B and UATC.

Schedule:
* meet @ 1:00pm - converse with fellow owners
* head into D&B around 2:00 - 2:30pm - play / drink (lightly) with fellow owners
* back out to the parking lot by 4:30pm for a late afternoon drive with fellow owners.
(looking for suggestions - thinking maybe I-25 to I-225 or C-470? Please suggest.)

There will be a ton of space available, we should have a problem at all.
And bring your cameras; there will be daylight!

We would like to keep this a euro GTG.
If you want to cross-post for other forums that pertain to automakers east of the pond, that's fine.
Please copy all the info and post responsibily; as always all owners are liable for their own actions.

Questions, concerns, comments? Feel free to IM me!

Some are planning to arrive a little early (30mins) on the top level to meet-and-greet, show cars, etc.

--> Note! I want to be very crystal clear on this: Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT burnout, speed, or create careless driving acts in your vehicles while in the D&B parking garage. We had a minor run in with parking management last time (which I do want to repeat) and to avoid getting the boot please ABSOLUTELY NO burnouts, speeding, or careless acts in our vehicles; clear?

--> Second Note! There will be no reservations set; this will be a "free-for-all" event more or less.

--> Also note! Please come with a positive attitude; not one person had a bad time during February's GTG, lets repeat it.
If you missed on last time, highly recommend coming this time; should be an excellent gathering!

--> And, a final note! Remember that D&B has somewhat of a age limit. 21 to get in, no questions asked. If you're under 21, you *have* to be accompanied by someone over 25. And with that, there's a 4-to-1 ratio (4 underaged persons to one 25+ adult). So, you can get it, but I would make some of-aged friends quickly. However, I've been there under the age and if you act well and play some games without goofing off, they won't have a problem.

Please post if your going

On the Ballot:
---------------

VWVortex.com
bavarienmotor
bluefox280 +1
BrownSoda
cookvwgli
Deutscher_Wagen (???)
EuroTrashDubs
hockdub +1
JettaStevo
noyvw3
mswenso1 +1
nolimitsoldier

-----------------------------------------------
This was posted on VWVortex.com on 2-23 by Erik the one who planned the last GTG which was awesome. Hope everyone who was there can make it again and those of you who weren't able to are able to this time.

Kat_Somm_Faen
03-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Wehheeel allright!

That is nice. I think I will be there for this one too. But I just got to do something to the car... Gawd... tires, brakes, something flashy.

hotani
03-01-2005, 05:54 PM
As mentioned on audiworld (I think that's where it was), the wessminstah crew (SwimmerTy and me so far) will be meeting at 120th and I-25. Just turn in as if you were going to Cracker Barrel and we'll be meeting in the parking lot on the right behind the gas station.

Vanimaniac
03-01-2005, 11:10 PM
I'll have my summers on by then. yes!

Van

yoogene83
03-01-2005, 11:35 PM
i won't make it to this one due to spring break and me partying in Vegas, but i'll be sure to hit the one in April...by then i should have dropped a decent amount into some fun mods. :)