PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Parking brake

jad3060
09-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Just bought an 05 A6 and the electronic parking brake says it has malfunctioned. I parked on a slight hill and cycled it a few times. It seems to work just fine and I can hear it working. The car stops when it is applies and it releases when I pull the button. Anyone know if the brake works on both wheels? I'm wondering if just one of the wheels has malfunctioned. Is it possible that it is working fine and the error code just needs reset?

I've read a bit and this seems to be a common problem and there is a TSB. Does anyone have the TSB? Also, even though my car is out of warranty does anyone know if Audi will cover this repair since it is a known issue?

Thanks

jad3060
09-09-2010, 04:16 PM
I did some troubleshooting and it must be my lucky day.
I found the fuses and noticed that there is a fuse for the left and one for the right. I removed one fuse at a time until i found that it was the left side brake motor that was not functioning. I jacked it up and removed the wheel. I wiggled the plugs around thinking it may be a bad connection. Once I did this and tested it, it started working again.

Kevin1
09-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Here is the TSB

http://uberlame.com/a6_tsb/Brakes/Electronic%20parking%20brake%20warning%20light%20o n;%20parking%20brake%20doesn't%20always%20release. pdf