PDA

View Full Version : 05 A6 sline 4.2

STalon89
09-06-2010, 09:36 AM
first audi. Im thinking of chipping it, springs and doing the gunmetal rs4 19's.. any other suggestions?

Kevin1
09-06-2010, 10:38 AM
The S-Line did not exist in 05, though the badging is available on e-bay.

I would swap out the rear sway bar for the H&R bar. I would also replace the dampers with the Koni FSDs. Both of these will improve the handling and cornering of the car without sacrificing the ride quality. As far as a chip, Unitronic purortedly has a chip that will boost HP and Torque by approx. 20 each.

Audinat0r
09-06-2010, 04:34 PM
APR has one http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_c5a642.html

Kevin1
09-06-2010, 05:02 PM
There is something wrong with the APR chip. It covers both the C5 and C6 4.2 engines. The C5 and C6 4.2 engines are different. If you believe the APR chip information it actually decreases the torque in the C6 4.2 from 310 to 302. So be careful.

STalon89
09-06-2010, 05:57 PM
the car has the sline badges and it was one owner before me and shes like 80. i know in 06 they made the changes, just wierd its badged. Which chip do you suggest? and how does it work, do i need to send out my ecu?

anpk05
09-06-2010, 07:03 PM

I would swap out the rear sway bar for the H&R bar. I would also replace the dampers with the Koni FSDs. Both of these will improve the handling and cornering of the car without sacrificing the ride quality. As far as a chip, Unitronic purortedly has a chip that will boost HP and Torque by approx. 20 each.

My car is s-line and it is 05!!!

itsti
09-07-2010, 02:31 PM
chipping it with lowering springs will turn it into a totally different animal~!! ENJOY!

MainlandMig
09-27-2010, 12:37 AM

I bought my 2005 4.2 S-Line in Feb. then in Mar started seeing posts about S-Line not being avail in 2005. I called up Audi USA and a rep asked for my VIN ..she ran it in her computer and she confirmed to me that I did have an S-Line. To be more convinced I asked her how she came up with her answer.. i told her the sports suspension is diff then the S-line ..asked her u sure mine is just not sports suspension ..she said looks like u have an S-Line.. She offered to mail me the window sticker. didnt want to push it further and look paranoid.. 2006 is no issue havent heard anyone denying that year... cant imagine someone going to so much trouble to make all the changes. cosmetically and structurally its not just badges its grill, bumper, rear valance, door sills, shocks, front & rear sway bars .. its not impossible but seems costly Not sure why people say it wasn't avail.. apart from calling Audi is there a way to investigate further? ..even seen this one guy who was original owner of his trying to sell his .. he had to label it (Genuine S-Line) ... Kevin1 please know I am not angry at your post. I just wanted to add my perspective... ALSO not to hi jack this thread so i like your suggestion in fact going to do the Sway Bars (front & rear) next week...the Konis maybe in spring.. spoke to a few tuner reps at waterfest and seems like all think the the non FSI 4.2 is pretty peaked out ..maybe 8-15 more HP is what i heard... also hear MTM has a supercharger for 20K but never looked into it lol