PDA

View Full Version : Independent fog light mod?

Bvulic
08-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Before everyone starts yelling at me, I did search this on google as well as this site and audiworld. I cannot come across the correct method. I have a 99.5 a4 b5 and i am trying to independently run the fog's without needing the low beams. i went out to autozone and bought an add a circuit. So I got home and took out the 15 amp fuse from both slot number 36 and 39. Which are the fog light fuse (#36) and the hazard flasher fuse (#39). So I clipped the plastic end of the add a circuit, exposing the copper wire. I then put both fuses into the add a circuit, and put the add a circuit in the slot number 39 and took the copper wire and connected that to the right side of slot # 36. And I am not getting the results. I saw pictures of this and did exactly what they show on audiworld and on the site, and it looks right but it's not working. Anyone know whether I messed up? Or If I should do something else? Any help would be appreciated guys thanks a lot. (I'm kind of disappointed in myself.)

zrowcool
08-21-2010, 06:55 PM
the correct version you want is the one where you take out the fog light module behind the glovebox, you cut a prong off it and solder in a wire into another spot. i will try to find the writeup as i did it like 2 yrs ago.

edit: found it
Clicky (http://www.audiforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90540&highlight=foglight)
Pics arent there anymore but it might help you out.

Robb12
08-21-2010, 07:58 PM
I remember it being quite a tight squeeze to pull out the module, so heads up there. But thats the write-up I followed.