PDA

View Full Version : Anyone experienced ...

TheNatural
08-16-2010, 11:12 PM
A window rolling down fine but not being able to roll up smoothly? The window always rolls down fine but rolling up is very slow and eventually the window stops and goes back down.. Now tonight, the window is not able to roll up at al and just rolls up a tiny bit then instantly right back down. Are these the symptoms of needing a new regulator motor or could it be something else (wiring, etc)? quick help is welcome as the car sits now in my driveway with the drivers window all the way down... [headbang]

TheNatural
08-16-2010, 11:26 PM
NVM I found the most likely solution. Audizine archives FTW. http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/318661-Window-Problem...won-t-go-up

walky_talky20
08-17-2010, 10:34 AM
It can be part of the regulator mechanism, or it may just need lubed on the window tracks. Best to use a silicone spray lubricant on the side tracks. If the window is jerking around, one of the guides is likely broken. If it is just slow to go up, too much resistance, some lube may help it out. They are meant to be lubed once in a while but nobody ever does it.

TheNatural
08-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Yea. I popped her open today and I found that one of the guides were cracked in many places. JB welded it together and it helped but im gonna lube her up as well with some jig-a-loo tomorrow. I went to the dealership and with my specific model, (green guides), they arent sold separately..... After running back and forth from the dealership I just decided to JB weld her up.

EuroDriven
08-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Someone on here got new green pieces off ebay, not sure if they ever posted results, but might be worth a try. Or you can go on vortex and look for a part out. It is an unusual part to ask for so itll probably be cheap.

Accord4tehloss!
08-18-2010, 09:18 PM
those window guides i think are sold on ECS tuning