PDA

View Full Version : how do i reconnect wire to ecu harness connector for sensor?

stanleymwilson
08-15-2010, 11:23 AM
while tring to unplug sensor i accidentally pulled out a wire from the connector side that attaches to ecu harness, there are blue tips in connector, is their anyway to get the wire back in or can i go to junk yard and splice a used connector? any help is appreciated

walky_talky20
08-15-2010, 01:25 PM
The connector should be able to be "de-pinned" and "re-pinned". It usually takes some good eyes, small tools, and some idea what you're doing. By the last part there, I mean you must completely DESTROY at least one of that type of connector before you figure out how it is supposed to work.

stanleymwilson
08-15-2010, 03:40 PM
would it be easier to just splice a connector from the junk yard, everything should work the same i would think?

walky_talky20
08-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Which sensor is it? If it is just a coolant temp sensor or something, I'd be ok with soldering a new connector on. If it was something like the crank sensor, I'd be less excited about cutting into the harness and more interested in figuring out how to re-pin the connector.

lotusgardener
08-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Go to Radio Shack and get a pin installer/puller. They're cheap.