PDA

View Full Version : Frankenturbo upgrade?

northview
08-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Does anyone have experience with Frankenturbo products? after reading their site, they seem legit, but not sure.
I'm looking at upgrading to K-04 and Intercooler, but they seem to state no need to upgrade intercooler using F4H.
Comments?

poop_on_jdm
08-10-2010, 12:16 PM
heres a guy that did in his b6..could be helpful
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/326446-Frankenturbo-F4h-l-Audi-A4-Quattro

EErie B6
08-10-2010, 12:28 PM
a modest intercooler upgrade is smart to do even on a stock car... the Franken is K04 based so you could get away with the stock IC, but to take full advantage of it, you would be smart to get a basic FMIC upgrade like a Racetec.

Nebone
08-10-2010, 12:37 PM
I run a Frankenturbo style Hybrid with a Unitronic file at 23 PSI and its fine w/ stock intercooler but after a few pulls you can tell it needs better cooling. It is definitely worth it, day/ night difference over Chipped K03

EErie B6
08-10-2010, 12:41 PM
^ just checked out your profile, sounds like you have a pretty nice DD setup. bet that car is a blast.

northview
08-10-2010, 04:28 PM
a modest intercooler upgrade is smart to do even on a stock car... the Franken is K04 based so you could get away with the stock IC, but to take full advantage of it, you would be smart to get a basic FMIC upgrade like a Racetec.

I decided to go forward with an intercooler, since i have to do the timing belt. I didn't want to pull the front off the car and get something more substantial done - read: performance lift. :) I going with the Apikol SMIC, since I'm not going BT. When i've saved a little more, i'll do the turbo, but like the Frankenturbo since the technology seems sound as does the results (at least according to their published results on the site).
thanks to JDM for the link reference.

XPK LINE
08-10-2010, 05:43 PM
thats a good idea, i have a k-04 with apr fmic, its a dd and the fmic helps alot the turbo gets alot hotter than the k03 if u drive anything like me lol, overall what ever will make your car last longer is probably the best route! post up some pix of your new set up when its finished ;)

Doug@FrankenTurbo
08-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Have any of you b5 guys had any experience with C2 Motorsports? They have a 415cc fueling file for AEB which is really interesting looking, but I can't find anything posted about it.

northview
08-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Have any of you b5 guys had any experience with C2 Motorsports? They have a 415cc fueling file for AEB which is really interesting looking, but I can't find anything posted about it.

No experience with them. Sorry.
Are you wanting a beta tester?

Dynamite
08-11-2010, 03:06 PM
they are claiming 280 out of a k04, defiantly worth a look. Id be interesting in being a beta tester with the F4H, I was intending going PC16 and F4H when I can afford the turbo and tune at the start of next year.