PDA

View Full Version : 1.9L AEB question?

Drunken_M
08-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Hi, im thinking about stroking my spare AEB engine, but i dont really want to bore my block and buy new pistons.
If I change my Crankshaft to an ABA Crank, can i use my AEB pistons and just lower them? Or will the pistons have to be lowered more then its possible to do?
Thanks for all answers!

onemoremile
08-09-2010, 05:10 AM
Search for the official increased displacement thread. Lots of great info there.

Altech75
08-09-2010, 07:00 AM
"For stroking the motor, the process is much more involved. You need pistons with a lower deck height due to the increase of stroke. The same rod dimensions are used and if the stock height pistons were used, the pistons would travel 3.2mm too high and impact the valves. Not good as you can imagine."

Straight from the FAQ. I've read it twice before and actually forgot that part to be honest. Was nice to have another reason to read it.

http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=38747

Drunken_M
08-09-2010, 11:13 PM
I have read the official displacement thread, and i know i need low deck height pistons. But i hoped 3.2mm could might be so little that i could lower the stock aeb pistons. The crankshaft on mye spare block might not be usable, so i was wondering if i could buy an aba crank on make the pistons fit. But that might me impossible. Is much more expensive to buy new pistons and bore the block.