PDA

View Full Version : injectors injectors injectors... which one to get? or dont get it all? please help

Audiss17
08-04-2010, 08:29 PM
I have 1.8t with stock turbo but i have a chip, now if i would change my injectors to some bigger ones would i gain power or what would happen? and if yes which ones to get? please help i searched but did not find a confident answer!

biketsai
08-04-2010, 08:43 PM
It will not do anything since you are not tuned for it. So do not do it!

end/

Audiss17
08-04-2010, 08:44 PM
so just a chip does nothing, in other words i would need bigger turbo?

T0mat3
08-04-2010, 08:48 PM
What hes saying is that you wont need bigger injectors with just A CHIP. Youd need a bigger turbo for you to need bigger injectors.

biketsai
08-04-2010, 08:48 PM
so just a chip does nothing, in other words i would need bigger turbo?

A chip definitely makes a difference in performance; however, all B5 chips are tuned for stock injectors. Please take a look here, it should clear up many questions.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/113728-B5-A4-New-Member-Guide-FAQ!-Answers-to-the-most-commonly-asked-questions!

ricekikr
08-04-2010, 09:35 PM
What they're trying to tell you is that, your chip is currently/probably tuned for your current injectors. If you want bigger injectors, you will need a tune/chip that is tuned for the bigger injectors.

Whether you need new injectors with a stock turbo is a whole different discussion.

*if your car is properly tuned for your current setup, any change to the engine and some of it components will need a re-tune/re-chip, to either maximize gain of the new part or just to make the engine actually run.

biketsai
08-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Aaaand as I said earlier there is NO off the shelf tune for the B5 A4 stock turbo that upgrades injectors.

Audiss17
08-05-2010, 03:42 AM
got it thanks a bunch! then stock it is. But there is no need to replace stock with stock? do they go bad?

2001A4QUATTRO
08-05-2010, 05:09 AM
Aaaand as I said earlier there is NO off the shelf tune for the B5 A4 stock turbo that upgrades injectors.

APR stage 1+ for AWM uses larger injectors. As does the revo 2+? Not sure on the number revo uses. Fairly certain unitronics can as well.
When I looked into it years ago, it seemed as if you also needed ALL the supporting mods to run 1+. Not much of an increase for the $$$
if you ask me.