PDA

View Full Version : S4 Seats

karmad
08-03-2010, 08:55 PM
hey can u add heat to seats with no heat?

I got S4 seats with power but no cold weather and wanted to see if i can take the heat from my old seats and insert them into the s4 seats?

coolgraymemo
08-03-2010, 08:57 PM
i think you can.

i think ive seen it on here before. have you tried searching on other audi forums? you'll probably find someone else thats done it.

Jeff
08-03-2010, 09:06 PM
i think you can.

i think ive seen it on here before. have you tried searching on other audi forums? you'll probably find someone else thats done it.

Yes it can be done, but you will need the switch assembly and wiring assembly (or fab up your own wiring). It simply feeds a 12v regulated source into the heated seats from the switch. There is a schematic on Bentley.

danphines
08-04-2010, 06:15 AM
Yes it can be done, but you will need the switch assembly and wiring assembly (or fab up your own wiring). It simply feeds a 12v regulated source into the heated seats from the switch. There is a schematic on Bentley.

i think he got s4 seats that are not heated and wants to add heat. you would need to pull off the leather and add the seat heaters in and then put the leather back on. its a pita and you might as well sell them and get heated ones or just deal with it.

Scotty@Advanced
08-04-2010, 06:32 AM
hey can u add heat to seats with no heat?

I got S4 seats with power but no cold weather and wanted to see if i can take the heat from my old seats and insert them into the s4 seats?

Short answer yes.. Long answer is it isn't easy, and it won't be cheap. The heaters themselves run from about $80-$250.00 each and I believe there are 6!! per seat. You'll also need to pull the covers off the seats to install the heaters, and that's probably going to be about 2-3 hours each seat plus you need a few special tools to remove the hog rings. There's also a high probability that the covers won't go back on properly and your job will look like ass.

Might want to look into getting seats that are already heated.

karmad
08-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Short answer yes.. Long answer is it isn't easy, and it won't be cheap. The heaters themselves run from about $80-$250.00 each and I believe there are 6!! per seat. You'll also need to pull the covers off the seats to install the heaters, and that's probably going to be about 2-3 hours each seat plus you need a few special tools to remove the hog rings. There's also a high probability that the covers won't go back on properly and your job will look like ass.

Might want to look into getting seats that are already heated.

thnx but have u done it or have any write ups on it, just want to see for myself if i can.

Scotty@Advanced
08-05-2010, 06:14 AM
thnx but have u done it or have any write ups on it, just want to see for myself if i can.

Yes I've done it, but don't have any write ups.

Scotty@Advanced
08-05-2010, 06:24 AM

Yes I've done it, but don't have any write ups.