PDA

View Full Version : Need help with upgrade solution

AudiNFS
08-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Alright, this isnt directly car related, but i am asking for help from everyone here who is wiser and more experienced. I want to go BT and am going Eliminator to try to save money. However, I am only 16 and have school and play sports year round[:|]. with that said, does ANYONE have any ideas at all on how to make a little more money than minimum wage?? any legal ideas are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for reading

Bsix3.0
08-03-2010, 05:38 PM
finding a decent job at 16 can be hard. pretty much the only thing i could suggest is finding a job that pays minimum wage plus tips, like a restaurant or something. or sell drugs lol

AudiNFS
08-03-2010, 05:43 PM
finding a decent job at 16 can be hard. pretty much the only thing i could suggest is finding a job that pays minimum wage plus tips, like a restaurant or something. or sell drugs lol

lol i was thinkin that but too risky[:p] a restaurant is a good idea though. thanks for the help

chitownsports
08-03-2010, 05:55 PM
If you have any friends parents who own a business, try talking to them (You usually get payed more if you personally know the people)

AudiNFS
08-03-2010, 06:13 PM
If you have any friends parents who own a business, try talking to them (You usually get payed more if you personally know the people)

I actually work for my girlfriends dad. he pays $7 an hour. it's the best he can do but it cash every week cuz it's under the table. thanks for the input

Gaberossi
08-03-2010, 06:17 PM
i say save your money for a couple years and go Big Turbo not elim...to some, eliminator kit is not a big turbo..just save up and u will love the results

AudiNFS
08-03-2010, 06:39 PM
I already have to save up for an eliminator kit as it is lol

Gaberossi
08-03-2010, 06:41 PM
why not save up that bit more and get something bigger

Seerlah
08-03-2010, 06:50 PM
I agree on saving more. Some of us wait years to save up for a BT. I am currently peicing together my kit after 3-4 years (been doing other mods during that time), and will not have everything peiced together until the next coupld months. Going BT on this car isn't cheap (though some can get away with it). All the supporting mods add up really quick. Well, modding this vehicle in general isn't cheap. And as others have mentioned, go full frame, even if on the stock block. After all supporting mods are factored in, you are paying roughly anywhere from $300-800 extra for a full frame, except with much more potential.

As for the job thing, don't expect much at 16 unless you know someone...who knows someone. I am sure you want a BT. But at your age and the income you can recieve at it (due to lack of work experience or type of work available for your age), you will need to save for that BT. Just place money in a bank account and build it up over time. That's the better advice I can give.

coolgraymemo
08-03-2010, 06:54 PM
go on CL. buy & sell things from there; flip tv's, car parts, and etc.

Gaberossi
08-03-2010, 06:54 PM
im currently at 3 years of saving for my GT3076 build hopefully 2.0L and hopefully i should have enough finally by this September....just save man it will be worth it

AudiNFS
08-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the help. If it's another 300-800 bucks i will definitely consider it. Although I'm confused. With the Elminators, what are you even eliminating? i dont fully understand the idea.

And I also want this car to have good summer power but also driveable snow power. I thought the Eliminator was a good medium..

Seerlah
08-03-2010, 07:16 PM
The eliminator basically just cuts out variables. You can use the stock intake (some fabbing will be needed, just dremling the port for the MAF to 3"), stock exhaust manifold (not recommended), and stock exhaust (not recommended). The eliminator basicaly makes it so you can retain certain stock components (and less fabbing will be necessary). But all these will be needed to be upgraded anyways. And all supporting mods are the same, which adds up to a pretty penny.

I am going full frame T3 GT2860RS (stock block), versus the eliminator route. It leaves so much more room for improvement with the parts I am choosing. I even have the option to upgrade rods (my tuner is running a $1600 everything included Brute special till maybe the end of the year), choose a different turbo, and push more power. All components are the same, just the way it bolts on varies. And there is no room for upgrades with the eliminator.

AudiNFS
08-03-2010, 07:31 PM
The eliminator basically just cuts out variables. You can use the stock intake (some fabbing will be needed, just dremling the port for the MAF to 3"), stock exhaust manifold (not recommended), and stock exhaust (not recommended). The eliminator basicaly makes it so you can retain certain stock components (and less fabbing will be necessary). But all these will be needed to be upgraded anyways. And all supporting mods are the same, which adds up to a pretty penny.

I am going full frame T3 GT2860RS (stock block), versus the eliminator route. It leaves so much more room for improvement with the parts I am choosing. I even have the option to upgrade rods (my tuner is running a $1600 everything included Brute special till maybe the end of the year), choose a different turbo, and push more power. All components are the same, just the way it bolts on varies. And there is no room for upgrades with the eliminator.

i see. But also if you go full frame dont you need to upgrade the oil lines too? If I do go full frame i will most likely do the same turbo as yourself.

Also, in most eliminator kits, it comes with upgraded exhaust manifold. And my other concern with the full frame is that you're paying extra for possible larger upgrading of the turbo. I will not be doing that (upgrading the turbo). I have a set amount for my car. So if I can cut out any components for the build it's great. The only thing I wanted to get away from was the upgraded exhaust system. and really, my main goal is to just have a turbo that can run 25+PSI. As far as i know, Eliminators can do that even without an exhaust system, i have seen it done. however, I don't know what the consequences were for that, or if their were any. So even I can find a cheaper turbo and a cheaper build but it produces a little less power but my turbo is running 21+ PSI it would be great.

onemoremile
08-03-2010, 08:19 PM
save and invest. let the money do the work.

spaded
08-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Man at 16 its good enough to just have a decent car why worry about a BT project now. I have my car as a DD and ride a bike for fun. Nothing can compete with it. Where else can you get supper car performance under 5k. Im not saying go out and kill yourself on a bike but think about the smiles per $$. thats why I haven't gone BT. I don't think its worth it to me at this point. But as for jobs look into instructing whatever you like to do. Ski, Snowboard, Swim, sail, tennis whatever. It usually pays a bit better and its fun but sometimes seasonal.

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/843/imag0060nb.jpg (http://img535.imageshack.us/i/imag0060nb.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Gaberossi
08-04-2010, 01:44 PM
i like his current setup b5 for a DD and a bike for fun ^^

lowandslow4now
08-04-2010, 02:26 PM
I would look into working at maybe a country club, golf course at as a caddy. My wifes cousin did that as a teenager during the spring and summer he was a caddy when he was off from school and he would be able to bring in a few hundred dollars every weekend. That may not be alot of money now but back when I was a teenager(mid 90's) it was.

AudiNFS
08-04-2010, 02:30 PM
I would look into working at maybe a country club, golf course at as a caddy. My wifes cousin did that as a teenager during the spring and summer he was a caddy when he was off from school and he would be able to bring in a few hundred dollars every weekend. That may not be alot of money now but back when I was a teenager(mid 90's) it was.

Thanks for the idea! my moms friend owns a country club. A few hundred dollars every weekend would be great. now the most i make in a week is $200.

Polski
08-04-2010, 06:31 PM
x2 on selling drugs, i dont do it myself but my friend's b6 just got a dual 2.5" turbo back, st suspension, carbonio intake and revo chip. All that in 2 weeks from dealing.
The best route is to have connects in legal jobs. Try governmental institutions, they usually have a very high minimum wage there.