PDA

View Full Version : brake pads and rotors

lakeside
08-02-2010, 03:25 PM
How often do you guys change your brake pads and rotors?

In last 10 years that I have this car (01 1.8TQ) this is second time I am going to do this. Last time was in 2005 in August and now in 2010 August. I am talking about front only. I changed rear pads two years ago.

Seerlah
08-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Your location is very disturbing. But you basically would need to change them as needed, and not on a set mileage. There are many variables that come into play. One would be weather factor onthe rotors. Another would be your driving style (do you use the brakes much, downshift to brake, AutoX your vehicle, etc). Then more and more get added to the list. I personally changes all 4 of my pads and rotors sometime last summer simple because I wanted to do them all at the same time (first time I did them since owning the vehicle). I feel I will upgrade (bbk) before having to replace my current pads or rotors.

stack
08-02-2010, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=Seerlah;5532273]Your location is very disturbing.

^^^^ lmfaoooo

dangerous_dave
08-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Unless you drive like a complete jag off your brakes should last over 50,000 miles

lakeside
08-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Your location is very disturbing.

I apologize. When I was registering for an account, I had to try probably more than 10 times. Every time the registration process would error out because of missing this and that. I guess the forum developer is at fault here (all the error information at once is a good way to do it. I am a developer myself), but after few tries I got really pissed off and you are seeing the result.

I will change it right away. Thanks.