PDA

View Full Version : Wiring prefacelift corners to facelift corners

TheNatural
08-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Soooo.... I finally got around to installing my HID Depos and Im stumped on how the prefacelift corners (3 wires) should be rewired to the facelift headlights (looks like only 2 wires)... I couldnt find anything, does anyone know what I am talking about?

voteforpedro
08-02-2010, 03:02 AM
Soooo.... I finally got around to installing my HID Depos and Im stumped on how the prefacelift corners (3 wires) should be rewired to the facelift headlights (looks like only 2 wires)... I couldnt find anything, does anyone know what I am talking about?

Dunno what you're on about, buddy. When I swapped some Valeo facelifts into my pre-facelift I just used the existing bulb holder. Should twist straight into the new housings.

Euromike
08-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Dunno what you're on about, buddy. When I swapped some Valeo facelifts into my pre-facelift I just used the existing bulb holder. Should twist straight into the new housings.

x2. it doesnt work awesome, but if you get it just right it will stay. mine havnt fallen out yet.

BlkBullitt
08-02-2010, 11:01 AM

Just install the prefacelift corner bulb holder into the Depos instead of using the ones that came in them.

bw86
08-02-2010, 12:23 PM
yep, I used the stock corner lights by just snipping off a tab on each - after that they should lock in.

TheNatural
08-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Went to the junk yard and got a couple of pre facelift bulb holders for 1$. They were 33$ EACH at the dealer.....[rolleyes] Thanks guys. How did you guys mount the headlights to your prefacelift cars securely? I only was able to screw in the top tabs and they are able to shake when closing the hood (and im assuming when I go over bumps)... Im thinking zip ties??

bw86
08-02-2010, 07:39 PM
we're both in the same boat. My headlights still shudder sometimes when I go over bumps

Euromike
08-02-2010, 08:03 PM
i used double sided foam tape to secure the headlights to the core support. Ghetto but it keeps it from shaking over bumps, drove me nuts