PDA

View Full Version : compressor surge

dirtyfox
07-31-2010, 03:43 PM
i need some help i have a forge 004 and its not working. ive noticed that its blowing back into the intake, now my question is could the spring be to strong in th 004 or could i not be making enough vacuum for it to open. the car is pretty much stock except an exhaust and an intake and i have my boost gauge also. so im wondering if thats taking away some of the vacuum away from the 004. if any one could help that would be awesome thanks.

walky_talky20
07-31-2010, 06:26 PM
What spring do you have in it and what direction is it installed in? Please be specific.

Jared7744
07-31-2010, 07:46 PM
It May be backwards

dirtyfox
07-31-2010, 08:08 PM
im not sure on the spring i bought it off a guy on here and i didnt think to ask. its installed on the intercooler hose and the vent hose that goes back into the intake is blocked off. ive tried other valves and they all do the same thing even the stock dv so im trying to see if you guys have had this problem before if its vacuum or something else.

walky_talky20
07-31-2010, 10:11 PM
the vent hose that goes back into the intake is blocked off.

If by "vent hose" you mean the vacuum line connection on the DV, actually called the "control port", there is your problem. That port must be connected to the manifold. That is what makes it work. If you cap that line the Diverter Valve will *never* divert. It would be the same as replacing your DV with a plug.

dirtyfox
08-01-2010, 04:27 PM
no i meant the hose that vents the air back into intake hose. i have a vacuum hose hooked up to it. the only thing i can think of is that i have the vacuum port on the manifold split off for my boost gauge and the 004 could that be it.

walky_talky20
08-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Nope, the boost gauge shouldn't effect anything at all, unless the fittings are leaky or something. Or perhaps the "T" junction has an in-built restrictor that is restricting flow to the DV.

What orientation is the DV installed in? Specifically the intercooler hose in relation to the vacuum port? Are they opposite or perpendicular to each other?

dirtyfox
08-01-2010, 08:42 PM
im not to sure its all stock so im not to sure, can you explain alittle better for me im alittle confused by your second question about the vacuum port

stevejones19
08-01-2010, 08:54 PM
If you can't explain it in words, take a picture of the DV. That will help everyone help you

dirtyfox
08-02-2010, 02:27 PM
i can do that i just want to get it fixed cause im working on selling the car.