PDA

View Full Version : Can I buy ONE Valeo Ecode anywhere?

sixfiveoh
07-30-2010, 03:50 PM
The bodyshop is telling me that insurance will only cover the damage caused; only one of my headlights was struck. Anyone know where I can get a Valeo Ecode passenger headlight?

'98-B5
07-30-2010, 03:59 PM
there's some passenger side only listed in the classifieds but they're from new jersey, new york, and south carolina. it's up to you if you wanna deal with shipping though.

sixfiveoh
07-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I saw those, those are the regular OEM Valeo headlights. The body shop can order those straight from Audi, they actually did until I pointed out it's not the USDM OEM headlight. Need to find an Ecode...

biketsai
07-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I saw those, those are the regular OEM Valeo headlights. The body shop can order those straight from Audi, they actually did until I pointed out it's not the USDM OEM headlight. Need to find an Ecode...

Damn, just get them to get a new set!

lotusgardener
07-30-2010, 06:04 PM
You cant just buy one I tried myself. However you insurance company will pay for a pair if they can not locate one. you can describe teh differences and tell give them a few web sites that sell them and say get me a new one by itself or get me a new set. Your choice. they have to do it.

1NaudiA4
07-30-2010, 09:47 PM
Get the part number for the ecode headlight and give a canadian Audi dealer a call to find out how much it is.

sixfiveoh
08-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Insurance company is basically telling me tough shit, if their insured didn't damage the headlight, they don't have to pay for it... They told me they'd buy a set and I could pay half for the other, no thanks, thats about how much I paid for the pair to begin with. The Canada spec headlights are the same as ecodes?

sixfiveoh
08-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Well, to anyone who's interested... ECStuning will split up ecodes, the only problem is that the ETA on the headlight shows as November 1st. Not sure what I'll have to do, if anyone knows of anyone selling ecodes, either separate or in a pair, please let me know.