PDA

View Full Version : orderin up a silicone hose kit, want to get all t clamps at the same time, what size?

awddsm
07-28-2010, 07:03 AM
as the title says, i am going ot be ordering up a silicone hose kit , and want to order up some t clamps at the same time so that i can install everything asap. no exactly sure what size everything is down their and how many of what i need. its the 12 hose kit. as far as i can see right now the 3 major ids are 1" , 2" and 2.25" ? as of now i am thinking

6 x 1" OD Clamping range 29-33mm (Adjustable 1.00"- 1.30" )
14 x 2" OD Clamping range 2.12" to 2.44" (54mm to 62mm)
4 x 2.25" OD Clamping range 2.36" to 2.67" (60mm to 68mm)
1 x 3" OD Clamping range 3.11" to 3.42" (79mm to 87mm)

or am i mistaken are the 2.25 not needed? and all 2" will suffice?

hercfe
07-28-2010, 07:49 AM
t-bolt clamps aren't like worm-screw clamps. its not one size fits all. you HAVE to have the specific size for each hose or it won't work at all. just order 2 clamps for each hose in the size of the hose and you'll be fine. i'd go with ebay. they are all the same clamps, and ebay will be much MUCH cheaper. You can find kits with different sizes on ebay sometimes too, so that may help you.

awddsm
07-28-2010, 07:59 AM
thats the thing some of the hoses have a larger od on one end than on the other, also the silicone hoses are thicker than the stock hoses i believe.. i would rather have someone chime in who has replaced the clamps before and let me know what i need exactly.

hercfe
07-28-2010, 09:10 AM
i replaced all mine, with the intercooler and hose kit that came with it. Don't use a 3.11" clamp on a 3" OD hose. It won't fit. I know you want to do it right away, but your best bet, if you don't for sure know the OD of all the hoses, is to wait and measure before you buy. NAPA and Pepboys seem to be selling t-bolt clamps nowadays, but you'll pay a premium for them. I'd just wait, measure, and pay a dollar each on ebay. If you want to pay through the nose, find a local speed shop. Where in Ct are you? Swift probably has them all in stock.

awddsm
07-30-2010, 11:40 AM
so know knows what size clamps i need, and how many?