PDA

View Full Version : RPM bounce

cmarcelo121
07-27-2010, 02:30 PM
[confused]This is what happened guys, i parked the car for a about a week, but when i about to start it again it runs like shit and threw a cod for the maf, so i replaced it and it worked but now i have a different problem the rpm bounces from 1000-3000 at idle, it didnt throw any codes, i need you help guys what do you think should i do? and what should be the problem? im thinking about coilpacks, but if its the coilpacks it will throw codes right? and misfires, but didnt throw any codes and i think its not misfiring. any help will be appreciated guys.

blacka4
07-27-2010, 07:43 PM
if it was the coils you would get misfire codes...might be an unpluged maf...also, is your car DBW or nDBW?

Dynamite
07-27-2010, 08:04 PM
misfires that bad will through a cel as well. as above try unplugging the maf. It might be a bad connection in the maf wiring so have a good look at the wires that connect the maf. check for codes again as well

onepoint8tee
07-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Hmmm... Deja vous... Lets try this one more time......

I think you either put the maf in backwards, or forgot to hook up one of the hoses or electric connections after the install of the MAF.

walky_talky20
07-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah, pulsing idle sounds like a MAF or vacuum leak issue. Check over everything really good and see what you get.