PDA

View Full Version : Installed coilovers and Snub mount ** Pics soon ** TROUBLE!!

SeekB00st
07-22-2010, 10:07 PM
For all you pics whore who clicked this I'll follow through with them tomorrow.

Well anyways, installed Vmax coilovers as long as a snub mount. I noticed that it would vibrate alot, under heavy acleration it was bad, however taking some covers either side was just as bad.
I took all the wheel off and made sure that they were mounted properly.

What could be the issue?

onemoremile
07-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Does it vibrate at idle? If so the snub may be misaligned or could need lubing up.

bw86
07-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Loosen the snub mount housing and let the car idle for a few minutes - then tighten it back up.

pullacowonaski
07-23-2010, 06:25 PM
sorry to tread jack but how hard is the snub mount does the front have to come off the car
its a 2.8 by the way

SeekB00st
07-24-2010, 11:28 AM
The car does not vibrate at idle, either does it vibrate until you get over 40 mph or so, or cornering at 40 plus.

Mike9928lv6
07-24-2010, 12:19 PM
pullacowonaski, if you can change your oil, rotate tires, do minor engine work, and take off your front bumper, than a snub mount is cake ;) there is a few writeups for it, wont take longer than an hour or 2.

and SeekB00st, were all your suspension components, bushings and joints in good condition (and torqued/installed properly)? I would say get a on-machine alignment from a audi-specialized shop whom knows the alignment specs for a lowered car. toe-in/out can cause the vibration. when were your tires last balanced?

SeekB00st
07-24-2010, 03:54 PM
pullacowonaski, if you can change your oil, rotate tires, do minor engine work, and take off your front bumper, than a snub mount is cake ;) there is a few writeups for it, wont take longer than an hour or 2.

and SeekB00st, were all your suspension components, bushings and joints in good condition (and torqued/installed properly)? I would say get a on-machine alignment from a audi-specialized shop whom knows the alignment specs for a lowered car. toe-in/out can cause the vibration. when were your tires last balanced?

No clue when they were last balanced, however i've been on a lowered cup kit forever, and its not vibraiton, its as if the sway bar end links are lose. Some shit.

Mike9928lv6
07-24-2010, 05:02 PM
the linkage bushings could have gotten damaged? inspect them and see what the dealio is.

pullacowonaski
07-24-2010, 06:56 PM
haha ok thanks man ill find one and do it just didnt know how bad it would be