PDA

View Full Version : motor mount install

flynnr
07-22-2010, 06:53 PM
hey guys im just on my phone so didnt search around much but is there a diy on installing motor mounts?

guy022077
07-22-2010, 07:01 PM
is that hard enough to need a diy?

undo 13mm (i think) from top of mount,
jack up motor with 2x4 between jack and oil pan. or use hoist to lift motor
remove nuts from bottom of mount.
remove mounts
just be careful....put the new mounts in first and bolt them in and lower the motor onto them as to not break the fragile bottom plate
install is reverse.

flynnr
07-22-2010, 07:33 PM
thanks ahole why dont you come do it for me too. someone told me i shoukd let the car down and run it or somthing i didnt know when i shoukd do that.

dont exactly want do f this up since its a pretty important link. and since i have never done it before figured i would ask

guy022077
07-22-2010, 07:57 PM
thanks ahole why dont you come do it for me too. someone told me i shoukd let the car down and run it or somthing i didnt know when i shoukd do that.

dont exactly want do f this up since its a pretty important link. and since i have never done it before figured i would ask

gees man, if you were within a few miles of me i would do it for you to help out a fellow club member,no need to name call. I did tell you how to do it right, so take those instructions and learn some stuff. i only came back here because i forgot to mention something... look at your sig

1997 Audi A4 1.8tqm Autumn Red
GT2860rs/Unitronics BT tune/BoostFactory exhaust mani/3" magnaflow Exhaust/ magnaflow resonator/EVOMS FMIC/ ClutchMasters fx400 6 puck/ steel fly/ JHM Short Shifter & Linkage/Shifter Bushing/ TWM 440g shift knob/Koni Coilovers/Neuspeed Sways F&R/ A8 TT 'BBK'/ M3 lip spoiler/Ecode Headlights/VVME Hids 6000k/ 8"sub/30% tint

old setup:
k04 pc-16 w/ all the goodies

you did all that and felt like you needed to ask how to install some motor mounts?

MOtown A4
07-22-2010, 08:02 PM
easy guys. i remember reading something about loosening up the trans a little to give the motor some room to play with. also yes do not tighten them right away, finger tighten them loosly start the motor and let it idle and you can tighten them up while its on. it helps get them in the right spot and it reduces potential vibration.

Crispy222
07-23-2010, 01:04 AM
just installed my Sterns Pro mounts for the motor and trans. Not difficult at all. Only trouble I had was the driver's side trans mount since it has a through bolt with two washers and a nut on the ends. It was a little tight but got it all in. Loving it.
Good Luck on your install. I wish I had more time to work with other locals on their projects. Work schedule isn't allowing any free time right now. Soon thought, very soon I'll be changing schedules so I have some days off.

djwimbo
07-23-2010, 07:51 AM
First time I did 'em I had a lift, but it was <45min from start to finish. The worst part was putting the new snub mount in.

In all honesty it is pretty easy, just remember if you remove the ground strap to the right (passenger) side of the engine to get the mount out easier, and you don't reconnect it, it probably won't start.

Are you doing trans mounts at the same time?