PDA

View Full Version : A little confused on the Depo Ecodes- HID- DRLs install on prefacelift A4..

TheNatural
07-21-2010, 09:27 PM
So Im alittle confused but Im hoping to get some clarification.. Is this the correct DIY for the Daytime running lights?

http://www.audiforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92508

Is this DIY correct in saying that I NEED 9006 plugs for my prefacelift application?

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/258540-DIY-Depo-Ecodes-and-DDM-55W-4500K-HID-Upgrade?p=3271674

I just want to be fully prepared when I receive my DDM HID kit in the mail..

Euromike
07-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Honestly if your somewhat electrically inclined its easier to just slice the plug off the end and wire stuff up yourself.

Grab the meter, put just DRL's on, figure out which wires hot, then wire that to the DRl.
then low beam wire to your ballasts, high beams to their respective bulbs, fogs ectect.

geeky
07-21-2010, 11:02 PM
I just did this last week. I personally did not feel like spending another $60 or so for a harness from ECS tuning so I tore my prefacelift one up and made my own as I'm pretty good with electrical. The way I went about making my own harness was if you take out the prefacelift headlight housings, you'll notice that the harness in the housing is removable by turning the plug counter clock wise.

From there I spliced the high beam connector and added female adapters to them and plugged them in individually to the respective prongs on the facelift harnesses. I also had HID's ready to go so I did the same individual female connectors to the facelift housings as before. I'll try to take pics as I know what I'm typing isnt too clear.

oh and I also got rid of the DRL's in the side marker bulbs as I hate how they look at night with the headlights on. By using my method you can also install facelift fogs and retain that button in the cabin.

TheNatural
07-22-2010, 05:29 AM
Hmm I think I understand what your saying. Did you just seal it all off with Electrical tape or somthing? Pics would be cool too :)

stevejones19
08-08-2010, 07:23 PM
I'd like to give this thread a bump up for a question since it's been the most informative so far.

My question is, everyone says they just splice the wires together. Which i would like to do, but i dont quite understand HOW the splicing was done. I know how to put 2 wires together, thats not the issue, just wondering how you donn't leave the huge openings in the back where the plug-in's are.

Does anyone have pictures of there wiring finished?

Thanks, Steve

importcraz
08-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Install a gromment or just proseal or epoxy the opening shut.
For the splice you can either soider in the slices or use one of those water proof blue tee splices. Depends on how good you are.