PDA

View Full Version : Who has most carefree miles on their TT?

Harve-Idaho
02-13-2005, 05:54 AM
Who has most miles on their TT? What's the highest mileage you've heard of? Are TTs more expensive to maintain than, say, a VW Golf?

H2

ncttrnl
02-13-2005, 02:56 PM
I've heard of people past the 120K mark

I've got 80K

Yes, they are more expensive to maintain. The parts are more expensive. In some cases, for no reason as you can buy the same part at the VW dealer for less money. In other cases because we just have better parts.

Hooligan
02-14-2005, 01:47 AM
exactly what ncttrnl said....make sure you get an extended warranty....

piTTsburgher
02-14-2005, 06:03 PM
97k. i just bought an extended warranty to 150k or 4 years.

AB18
02-15-2005, 09:30 PM
how much was the wanrrety?

4cefed4
02-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by ncttrnl
Yes, they are more expensive to maintain. The parts are more expensive. In some cases, for no reason as you can buy the same part at the VW dealer for less money. In other cases because we just have better parts.

I don't see how you think your TT is more expensive to maintain than my VW. Basic maintenance is the same oil and filter. Engine takes the same coolant. Unless you have the 225 or 3.2L, any part off the drivetrain is a VW part, so cost is the same. One of the few parts of the 180TT drivetrain that is different than a GTI is the shifter mechanism, and for that part the audi part is actually cheaper than the VW counterpart.

Hooligan
02-16-2005, 07:34 PM
I usually get my maintenance done at Dubwerks here in Chicago and they recommended getting my parts at a VW dealer instead....the last thing I replaced was the MAF sensor, which was cheaper at VW vs. the Audi dealer. Are you sure Audi parts are cheaper? I have read a lot of topics at Audiworld and that's the first time I heard of it....

ncttrnl
02-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by 4cefed4
I don't see how you think your TT is more expensive to maintain than my VW. Basic maintenance is the same oil and filter. Engine takes the same coolant. Unless you have the 225 or 3.2L, any part off the drivetrain is a VW part, so cost is the same. One of the few parts of the 180TT drivetrain that is different than a GTI is the shifter mechanism, and for that part the audi part is actually cheaper than the VW counterpart.

Many of the parts on the TT are higher quality than those on the GTIs. We aren't just talking engine parts here. The TT has interior and trim pieces that are crazy expensive if you break them.

They TT and the GTI are in fact different cars. Some of the newer GTIs like the 20AE and the 337 share much more in common with the 180 TT but the fact still remains that the average GTI didn't get all the same parts the TT did even though its the same platform.

Some of the parts that are stamped on the GTI are cast on the TT. Some of the parts are a little bigger. Some just are made to mount in different locations. Then there is the kicker that some of the other parts are just more expensive for no apparent reason.

I've gotten a different price on the same part by asking for a Turbo S Beetle instead of a TT. Actually, I ask for the Beetle parts more often just because they seemed to have them in stock more often.

SF_VR6
02-27-2005, 02:51 AM
I've gotten a different price on the same part by asking for a Turbo S Beetle instead of a TT. Actually, I ask for the Beetle parts more often just because they seemed to have them in stock more often. [/B]

When do TTs share parts with the new Beetle? What parts, simple items like filters and such?

I've also heard TTs were glorified beetles. Is there any truth to this?

piTTsburgher
02-28-2005, 10:13 AM
the warranty was 1750.00 bumper to bumper, a warranty very similar to that of the factory in coverage.