PDA

View Full Version : Turns a/c on..car almost dies. Uhh..?

Coopa
06-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Stopped at a stop light today, turned the air conditioning on and my rpms dropped to around 100-200 and I thought it was gonna die, I quick turned the a/c off and it goes back to idling fine. While in the driveway trouble shooting, 8 out of 10 tens the a/c turned on fine, the other 2 times it was choking and almost dying for some reaosn. I noticed the rpms change when I turned on the a/c in my brothers subaru and tiburon but not nearly as much. What gives? [:/]

MattzWarsteiner
06-21-2010, 09:47 PM
I don't have any answers but you might want to post if it's a 4 or 6. eventually somebody's gonna ask.

seanj130
06-21-2010, 10:47 PM
I have the same problem, but it happens every time i turn the a/c on hopefully someone can kill two birds with one stone here
Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Sean.

waspie
06-22-2010, 05:34 AM
so long as the compressor isn't locking up (not knowing the audi that well) i would say its a problem with w/e audi uses for an idle air control motor/valve.

Coopa
06-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Had the same problem today so I just gave it a little throttle as soon as I turned the a/c on. Didn't seem to have a problem with it and it still blows really cold. Just the initial turn on isn't so smooth. I got a chuckle when the 2.8 a4 that was next to me at the stop light sounded like it had the same a/c issue haha.

Bump for anyone that can clear things up a little bit!