PDA

View Full Version : Let me tell you the story of my BS of a day in SF. long story and pics.

AsianA408
02-11-2005, 11:32 PM
So, Friday morning, my GF and I pay a visit to her cousin who is visiting SF, and is staying at the hyatt off embarcaderro. I park my car across the street and ask the officer if its ok to park there for a few hours. Since its friday and street cleaning hours are over its ok to park there before meters start being enforced. which is 6Am to 10Am. i even ask a nearby officer if i can park he says just be out here by 10 or the meter maid starts working on cars and they are vultures about it. I come in with her and grab a room key, at this time its about 7. i was in there putting her things away in the room and i begin to worry about the car. now its 9:30. so i make my way down. go across the street, and.......WHERE THE FIZZLE IS MY CAR!!!!!?!? i run over to the nearest cop car i see, and the officer is coming outta subway, (go figure). cop says to me, oh that was your car? yea they towed it an hour ago.

im fuggin pissed and scared, first thing that rolls thru my mind is HOW DID THEY TOW IT!!!! plz tell me flat bed. but i know the street is not big enuff to fit one of those. i call the police dept, and they transfer me over to city towing. they tell me they have my car. im a bit more relieved, until they tell me i owe them 175 bucks for towing and holding fees. those fawkers. i hitch a ride with the cousin over to the station, pay the BS, and go to the tow yard. they bring my car out and next thing is WHERE THE FAWK is my rear valence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they looked puzzled as if they didnt know what i was talking about. calmly explain to them what WAS there before the tow. So they bring out my tow guy while i make a claim with the company and then i show them this pic of the car a few hours before. i was a night owl on thursday and theres a digital time stamp on the camera for proof.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/asiana408/asiana408007.jpg

well, even with the picture shown the claims investigator still insists that it was not on the car the time of towing and the tow guy doesnt remember even seeing anything there, he said he never notices these things. but my gf luckily who did better then me in spanish class over heard them saying that he deny it. and she heard them chuckling. mutha ****as. they tell me they are not going to compensate me for the valence. i say fawk it.

next subject:

i look down at my receipt it tells you all the details of how they found the car, a box labeled TOW method: XFront 2 wheels. dolly box and flat bed box are left empty, im like fawk me. my car is ****ed up. im afraid to drive it. but i get in and i take it for a spin around the impound lot. everything sounds fine. I get out and raise hell with the investigator and the tow guy. blah blah show them the manual, i call up DOLPHINVIC and hector head of the mechanics down at burlingame audi and have them explain to the investigator what AUDI is even those he said they tow audi's everyday and havent had a complaint yet. BULLSHIT u ugly ****...so i make an emergency apt. with rector and say to the investigator to tow me and my car down to audi NOW. the comply. and i EVEN HAVE TO ASK for a flatbed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/asiana408/asiana408012.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/asiana408/asiana408011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/asiana408/asiana408015.jpg

so im on the way down to rector on a bumpy ride, but the new tow guy was nice and understanding starting conversation, how his son fixes up his bmw and how he doensnt like him spending money on childish things. i laughed and agreed.

Finally im at rector audi about some 15 miles later.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/asiana408/asiana408017.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/asiana408/asiana408018.jpg

i speak to hector and dolphinVIC in person, they tell me audi trannys are almost bulletproof to and extent if the car is off and you drive a tip. the clutch packs are worned down quite a bit, but the gears are not moving. the differential is moving but it requires alot more speed. something past 30 miles an hour. so knowing this i called back the nice tow driver who took me and my car to rector how fast is the fastest you have towed in SF. his response was never more then 20. the truck is very hard to go faster with a car hitched on the back. going 40 is in 5th gear. hector said take the car out round the back street and see if it comes up with a check engine. the car will know quickly if the tranny patern has altered. so i call DTMEVOLUTION out and see if he can vag me as soon as i drive. Nothing comes up. im a lil more happy but scared as hell to drive the car. but its something ihad to do. i get back on the road, and i get a a phone call from the dispatchers office. "WE HAVE FOUND YOUR KIT". im like where the **** was it. they told me it was located down california st. thats one busy ass street. so i call up the investigator, rub it in his face a lil and ask him what hes gonna do as far as damage to the valence and tranny. blah blah, valence will be paid for in full for repairs, and its pretty banged up and scratched. as far as tranny, im going into stevens creek audi for diagnostics tommorrow and thats being paid for as well. the rest, well have to wait. heres a pic of the car before all this happened on thursday night, couldnt sleep so i took pics. im pissed still and im going to bed. fawk da POH LICE

take dat!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/asiana408/asiana408007.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/asiana408/asiana408009.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/asiana408/asiana408008.jpg

Rieger_RS4
02-11-2005, 11:40 PM
wtf? New wheels again?

1.8Titorey
02-11-2005, 11:42 PM
that sucks man. Did they mention why they towed you in the first place? I thought you had until 10am? I've never driven my car in Frisco and never will.

Did you get another set of rims?

AsianA408
02-11-2005, 11:43 PM
thats not the point!!!

AsianA408
02-11-2005, 11:44 PM
oh forgot to mention, i was in pedestrian auto parking so i was in the clear, there was no meter just a spot u pull into, and also it wasnt commercial parking.

mnkyA4
02-11-2005, 11:54 PM
sorry to hear about your car. I'm from the city too and I know for a fact that city tow tows cars for no reason to ge4 money. i would totally jack them for all the repairs and everything

littlewhite
02-11-2005, 11:55 PM
Samething happened to me 3 yrs ago. Parked my car (not really modded that time just suspension) and 30 mins later i walk back to spot # 8 and TA DA disappear... Ticket was like $200 to get the car back and the tow fee (tow like 5 miles away). I think it was flat bedded, i got all the Audi Quattro badge on the car front and back at that time, now only the front. Car drove fine nothing was wrong, but was a scare thing to see your car wasnt at the spot where u have left it.

SoloSpeed101
02-12-2005, 12:50 AM
happened to me at my friends apartment... damn ******s ripped me 125 dollars off...i thought my car was stolen and called 911 lol... i raised hell to those rednecks...

nramsey
02-12-2005, 05:41 AM
Wow, what an adventure...glad it's back and in more or less one piece.

organasised
02-12-2005, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by nramsey
Wow, what an adventure...glad it's back and in more or less one piece.

second that, sorry to hear what happened

f`in stupid towers

MR VTEC
02-12-2005, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by organasised
f`in stupid towers
what does 9/11 have to do with anything [:p]

Pretty scary situation

jones3000
02-12-2005, 07:12 AM
our cars aren't safe from anything anymore. It;s like a warzone out there. Us vs. Them.

AsianA408
02-12-2005, 08:07 AM
so pretty much to clear things up, i was parked in an area where if u park there you gotta be going into wallgreens, subways or starbucks. thats the biggest load a crap ive ever heard in a long time. all i know is lesson learned.

sighpost
02-12-2005, 08:37 AM
If they ripped the rear valance off, does it mean that they towed it with the rear wheels touching the ground?

This really sucks man, I feel bad for you. I would be ready to kill some one.

AsianA408
02-12-2005, 08:59 AM
yep 2 wheels up.

AudiSnawb
02-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Oh mannn that sucks, hope you have a better night tonight :-\

offroader1006
02-12-2005, 12:57 PM
thats why im glad i know all of the local tow guys. im on quite a few "Do Not Tow" lists.

but i really hate dumb people like those tow guys you encountered

audlman
02-12-2005, 01:21 PM
thats sucks. hope all works out.

AsianA408
02-13-2005, 12:08 AM
thank guys ill keep you guys updated.

Rosati
02-13-2005, 07:50 AM
what if you put your quattro in reverse + the ebrake wouldnt the wheels lock and theyd be forced to use a flatbed?

Rosati
02-13-2005, 08:16 AM
id get those mf's fired who were talkin shit about you in spanish

Quattrocket
02-13-2005, 09:25 AM
i got into a fender bender a little while back, and the body shop towed my car while I was at work. My neighbour told me that they towed my car from the front, w/o dollies. I complained to the body shop and somehow my fender bender bill ran about $9000. LOL, so my guess is that they ****ed the tranny/rear end and replaced it, then offset the cost, to cover up their fugk-up. how does a new hood, grill, bumper, rad and paint = $9000 hmmmm. oh yeah and they replaced the intercooler for some reason???? I checked out the cost to do it myself without an insurance claim and it worked out to about $2500. Con-artists in my opinion

AsianA408
02-13-2005, 10:40 AM
my sister who is a lawyer had me call them and threaten to take them to small claims if they didnt return or reimburse me for the rear valence. and 30 mins later, "we found your valence." funny isnt it? my sister said its not an un common thing where tow yards will find things and try to sell it.

sushi_turbo
02-14-2005, 12:59 AM
Yeah always be careful ESP in SF street. Same thing happened to me when I parked my Altima in Cala Foods on Haight to go to Ameba and walked out with some CDs and no car. $150 lesson learned.

I also heard that City Tow towed a police-evidence vehicle (sex offender) and sold it by accident, so the suspect got let off for that.

Anyway hope things work out with your valence.

PDRaudi
02-14-2005, 01:13 AM
this is too coincidental
the other day i was thinking about this
what if some douche decides to tow my car
I'd raise more than hell, regardless if it was ****ed up or not
I'd want money for the inconvinience, the ignorance, the damge, every-****ing-thing I can think of, I want money for it.
Anyways, man you did good in getting what you deserved, make them pay for everything, teach those city ****s what cars not to mess with . . . . lol, i say this even though my dad and my gfs dad are both cops, ha

A4Rob
02-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Good thing for cameras!

Audimarc
02-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Great story. Had the same thing happen with my 4000s where they destroyed my gas tank with the chains. Driver wanted me to do it through him because he didn't want to lose his job. He never paid me so I went back to the tow yard who said that too much time had elapsed, so I was out of luck. I had my cousin, who is an attorney, send a letter, with pics (date stamped from Savons) and a copy of the repair bill (also showing the date) and my tow receipt (guess what, it's dated too!). We told them that we were taking them to court and will charging them attorney fees, court costs and pain and suffering. I got a check via Fed-Ex the next day. :)

excursion
02-14-2005, 02:48 PM
bunch of monkies. Fingers crossed for the trans.

SAC_Audi
02-14-2005, 03:17 PM
What a pisser...Now you know why I don't drive in Gay Bay. Did it once when I had to travel across town for part of this job qualification...Was scared beyond description the whole time...
Just don't let them get away with anything...

shragon
02-14-2005, 04:15 PM
damn man, what a horrible story!

Audimarc
02-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by shragon
damn man, what a horrible story!

Shragon! I know you! I used to have a 535i that I posted on the BMW forum. Yours is a 525i right? Gorgeous car dude.