PDA

View Full Version : new wheels (for me...)

canadagord
06-14-2010, 04:36 AM
My first post so some introductions and pics of my new wheels. (hopefully the pictures post correctly)

I'm new to this board, but not Audi's. I've been hooked for a while now... I've had (in order...) a 4000, a 200 Turbo quattro, a 200, 2 A6's (a 2.8q and a 3.0q leased when I was making too much money...) and I recently acquired a 1998 A4 2.8 quattro. I also drive a 1998 Volvo v70 (wagon).

So in short, this board is a great resource and I'm amazed at the knowledge and resources that are here. I don't do the major wrenching (have a good friend... mostly since a lot of stuff you need a hoist...) but the small stuff (switches, doors, instrument stuff...) I can and enjoy doing.

As well, I'd just like to thank jm121189 for the smooth transaction since up until last week, the wheels you see here were his. I contacted him through this site and eventhough I'm in Ottawa Canada and he's in Marblehead, the transaction went without a hitch. Thank you James. (I think he has a laptop for sale as well... )

So, hello from Ottawa... as well if you are confused about cloud computing, get hold of me and we'll help.

Gord Warner

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DD_Mbgu6MabX31hUIn44cg?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DD_Mbgu6MabX31hUIn44cg?feat=directlink

Seerlah
06-14-2010, 04:42 AM
Welcome to Audizine. And Brilliant Black FTW[drive]. Any plans on modifications?

canadagord
06-14-2010, 05:07 AM
Thanks,

I'm not going to do much more than get it back to "stage 0" (A term the Volvo boys use), that is getting every maintenance item back on schedule. BTW, if you or anybody you know owns a Volvo, the best site is http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/, easily as good a site for Volvo's as this one is for Audi's.

It has two rusted through front fenders that have been approved for replacement by Audi corporate and all I'm waiting for is a time from the local dealer's bodyshop to have those replaced (free! wee! 12 year warranty FTW). I have a weeping valve cover gasket that will need attention soon, as well as timing belt and associated parts.

So, I just want to get it back to a point where I could drive it across the country on a moment's notice. Plus I'm an old fart and am way past "tinkering" and really not too much point since it's a 2.8q with a tip and most of the boy racer (not a shot at anyone, just an expression... not meant to offend) stuff is made for the 1.8t.

Gordo

Seerlah
06-14-2010, 05:32 AM
It's ok. No offense taken. Most of us are rather mature with our vehciles, though. No street racing and so forth (highway pulls are different). We like more of a classy, turbocharged, fun to drive dd (that can open up with proper modifications) that we enjoy. Well, that's how I am anyways, and most other in this section. The 2.8 seems like a perfect vehicle for you though.

McGovs2.7TB5
06-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Welcome to the site, grats on the new wheels

jm121189
06-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Looking good! Same color as my car, good choice.