PDA

View Full Version : Just thinking ahead

kayakman13
06-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Hey AF, well my project car might finally get some stuff done to it soon. Landed a nice paying job so I'm saving over the summer! My quick question is this: I'd like to get train horns, and I'd like to get air bag suspension. Both require an air tank/compressor. Is it possible to run a large tank and do both from one system, or would that be really complicated to install and wire/plumb?

kayakman13
06-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Bump bump bump. Anyone?

NorCal1.8T
06-15-2010, 05:50 PM
this is AZ bro.

kayakman13
06-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Sorry, forgot to change that over when I reposted.

Either that or you were referring to the complete absence of what makes the VAG scene so inviting: the sense of family. The 'Zine has gotten worse and worse and this just shows how bad its gotten. Its a small question people, no one has time to stop by and drop in some answers?

Altech75
06-17-2010, 05:47 AM
Sorry, forgot to change that over when I reposted.

Either that or you were referring to the complete absence of what makes the VAG scene so inviting: the sense of family. The 'Zine has gotten worse and worse and this just shows how bad its gotten. Its a small question people, no one has time to stop by and drop in some answers?

I think it's just more likely that nobody who has bagged there car on here has also installed train horns in their tiny A4 as well. You also have to remember that there really aren't a whole lot of people on here who even have bagged cars to begin with.

The VAG scene does have an awesome sense of family, especially when you're at some sort of meet or get-together. This is the internet though, most of us pop on, browse around for a lil' bit and see if there are any interesting threads to read, and maybe some questions to answer. Nobody is obligated to spend all day on the forum, find a weird-ass question that's difficult to answer with certainty and then do all the research necessary in order to properly prep you on whether or not it's a good idea.

What you want to do is different and a bit out there, so good luck and maybe if someone ever asks a similar question in a year or two or four you'll still be around to answer it. Since that's what you seem to be expecting from us.

EuroDriven
06-17-2010, 11:16 AM
How about I just say it wouldn't be any different then just bagging your car...just with a bigger air tank. There is no real difference in the system, just 1 or a couple more lines for the horns.

-John

McGovs2.7TB5
06-17-2010, 11:21 AM
I think a train horn would be a waste of time and money, do you really need a honk that can be heard by everyone in a 2mile radius?

and +1 to Altech75's response.

kayakman13
06-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Well my horns are out and I thought I'd upgrade to something meatier. I hardly use it anyway, it'd just be for fun.

Thank you John, thats what I figured, didnt have the air experience to know if that would complicate the system. (Horns sound every time I drop the car? Car drops every time I honk the horn? lol)

Thanks Altech for not laying into me. While I am becoming more dissatisfied with AZ, I was also having a bad day and taking it out on the 'net. I realize that the forums are not my personal "Ask Jeeves" so I'm sorry for coming across that way. I wasnt looking for a big complicated answer, just a simple one like Johns.

stevejones19
06-20-2010, 11:32 AM

I agree with Altechs answer for beginners. But with that quote, i think you'd rather wait for the right person to answer your question properly than have 5 people tell you 5 different things. Maybe... lol

Altech75
06-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Thanks Altech for not laying into me.

No problemo man. You do know you're now officially obligated to give us a video if you ever get a freakin' train horn in your car. [:D]