PDA

View Full Version : Low Oil Warning Issue and Best Clutch.

GrantPantling
06-13-2010, 09:38 AM
I just re did my oil. Drove around for about a week, then my car starts bitching at me saying my car is low on oil. I check it and its fine. I keep driving and its keeps on beeping at me. I did a 4 hour drive with it doing that and my oil temp never went to the red. I put a quart in and it stopped bitching for a bit, then it started back up. Have any of you guys ran into this problem before?

Second, Im trying to get a new clutch. My car is chipped for 20psi, suspension, borla, brakes and what not so I am thinking about a stage 1 clutch. I don't know that much about clutches. It would be nice to get one that feels like an ecstasy clutch rather than the stock one which feels hella long. Do new clutches not feel as long? I like the ecstasy ones because its way shorter and its whats on most Japaneses cars. Should I have a stage 1 or stage 2 clutch? And what kind is good? Local shop said I could get 15-20hp with a stage 1 or 2 compared to stock, I forgot.

Jc61990
06-13-2010, 09:48 AM
lol hp from a clutch??? i think not.

if your on a stock k03 clutchmasters stage 1 or 2 is fine.

for the oil warning, is it blinking or steady. blinking is oil pressure

nunya
06-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Stop driving the car, if you havent already caused engine issues, you will definitely have some shortly. Get your oil pressure checked. It could be sludged or worse. I have no idea what an "ecstasy clutch" is. South Bend, Clutch Masters and Spec are some good brands. You will not gain HP from a clutch.

--dillon

walky_talky20
06-13-2010, 04:00 PM
X2 on the oil pressure thing. Not something to ignore on the 1.8T. Many, many 1.8T's have died just because people check only the oil *level*, then ignore the light till a cam seizes, t-belt snaps, and all the valves bend. Usually with a side of blown turbocharger. Yes, this happens.

And I think you are referring to the "Exedy" brand clutches, which is one of the OEM suppliers for stock clutches on some japanese and american brands as well as a popular source for high performance clutches. I don't believe they manufacture a clutch for Audi's. The brands nunya mentioned are some of the more popular ones.