PDA

View Full Version : ugh. clutch pedal pissing me off *video inside*

flynnr
06-11-2010, 09:32 AM
hmm... well for a couple months now, my clutch has been squeaky... so finally today i got fed up and took a look at it (it has been getting louder, wasnt bothering me before, now it is...)

Its probably hard to see, but it almost catches on the way up when im about an inch from engagine, and this makes it difficult to drive smoothly sometimes... especially 1st and 2nd gear... really is getting annoying, sometimes ill be letting it out and it will catch and i will have kept letting my foot out and it will then just pop fully out and right into gear which isnt smooth obviously at all. the part that is making noise is under the rubber ribbed piece that the camera is looking at toward the end of the clip. any suggestions?

I just got this clutch installed in february (clutchmasters fx400 w/ steel lwfw) (i dont think this has anything to do with the clutch though cause it kinda was doing the same thing before i got it installed. who knows though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dabQeVxb9Bs

the part that makes noise is directly behind that white piece (with red poop on it)

here is a little better video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxqs_VEzUYc

oh, and since i had the cam in hand thought id toss up a pic i just took a sec ago

its nice to see my two favorite ladies in bed together... and one even has her top off already woo!!

flynnr
06-13-2010, 03:23 PM
bump

nothin?

no one has ever had this / similar problem?

biketsai
06-13-2010, 03:34 PM
I have the exact same issue. Spray some silicon lube on the white piece and into the slave cylinder

walky_talky20
06-13-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't know what it is, but something about those videos just makes me laugh. Perhaps it's the squeaking...[>_<]

Yeah, I'd try some lube on the visible joints there. FWIW, when my brother flushed his brake fluid and replaced with ATE Typ 200, he got a squeaky clutch pedal and it sounded like the squeaking was coming from the master and slave (from the hydraulic side of things). Yours does sound like it may just be coming from the linkage under there though.

flynnr
06-13-2010, 07:27 PM
I don't know what it is, but something about those videos just makes me laugh. Perhaps it's the squeaking...[>_<]

Yeah, I'd try some lube on the visible joints there. FWIW, when my brother flushed his brake fluid and replaced with ATE Typ 200, he got a squeaky clutch pedal and it sounded like the squeaking was coming from the master and slave (from the hydraulic side of things). Yours does sound like it may just be coming from the linkage under there though.

i was told to drain the brake fluid too. and put in some dot 4 (honestly unsure whats in there now as i have never changed it) would i need to bleed all 4 brakes then too?

Coopa
06-13-2010, 08:06 PM
I have the EXACT same problem. Mine's only been squeeking when it's 90> degrees out. Soooooo annoying.

walky_talky20
06-13-2010, 10:56 PM
i was told to drain the brake fluid too. and put in some dot 4 (honestly unsure whats in there now as i have never changed it) would i need to bleed all 4 brakes then too?

You wouldn't have to, you just need to bleed the clutch out enough to push out all the old fluid in the brake fluid reservoir. It would be best to just do it all at once though. Wouldn't make sense to have all new fluid in the reservoir and clutch and leave old fluid in the brake system.

flynnr
06-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Yeah ill do this. But that silicon lube helped a lot... clutch pedal is smooooth now :) still squeaky as all hell though. squeak is coming from the tranny area though.