PDA

View Full Version : B5 Eisenmann exhaust

snoboarder_mike
06-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Hello all. I just purchased a magnaflow and installed it today. Its just the muffler and man does it sound good..... between 5-6 rpm.. everything else sounds not amazing. I've heard so much about Eisenmann and was wondering if anyone had any experience at all with them? They are some expensive exhausts and they're just mufflers!! But anyway, I still want to get one. Before I do I was wondering if some of you could shed some light.

thanks

snoboarder_mike
06-21-2010, 12:35 PM
So I guess no one knows about the Eisenmann exhaust... ok

dootie
06-21-2010, 06:42 PM
What magnaflow muffler was it?

turbo_bootin
06-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Yeah I've never even heard of Eisenmann... are they a German company or something?

jsantiago17
06-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah I've never even heard of Eisenmann... are they a German company or something?

Didn't know Eisenmann made an exhaust for Audi's? My friend has an Eisenmann exhaust on his M3 and it sounds amazing, but not sure if they make an exhaust for our cars.....

snoboarder_mike
06-22-2010, 07:55 AM
What magnaflow muffler was it?

It was the 14816 rear muffler or something...

Yes they are a German company. From Stuggart I think.

Didn't know Eisenmann made an exhaust for Audi's? My friend has an Eisenmann exhaust on his M3 and it sounds amazing, but not sure if they make an exhaust for our cars.....

I'll share a few links. Keep in mind there are two types of mufflers, the race and the quieter street version. The links I'll share are from youtube and they are the race version. And yes they are available for our cars. I have done research. Apparently they are hand-made in Germany. But they sound siick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-nEBhswPIs

There are like 5 clips like this that you can watch from youtube just titled exhaust sound clip 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

And here are some links of the websites that sell them:

http://www.longobrothers.com/eisenmann-rear-muffler-exhaust-dual-audi-quattro-9401-p-49696.html
http://www.eurobahnmotorsport.com/eisenmann_exhaust/eisenmann_exhaust_for_audi_a4_b5_sport/esmb528lqtr/i-159521.aspx
http://www.beastpower.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EISENMANN&Product_Code=A1204.00700&Category_Code=audi-a4-b5

EFFING expensive though for just a rear muffler

ayfour99
06-22-2010, 05:21 PM
eisenmann exhaust are good.. only heard them on a bmw tho..

snoboarder_mike
06-22-2010, 06:13 PM
eisenmann exhaust are good.. only heard them on a bmw tho..

Well maybe its time to start crackin' them out on audi's!

flynnr
06-22-2010, 06:49 PM
personally i would buy 7 of these instead... ha... or 5 magnaflows or 4 borlas or something

http://thmotorsports.com/vibrant/vibrant_universal_muffler_streetpower_stealth/1149/i-37100.aspx

jsantiago17
06-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Well maybe its time to start crackin' them out on audi's!

Start the trend![cool]

snoboarder_mike
06-22-2010, 10:24 PM
personally i would buy 7 of these instead... ha... or 5 magnaflows or 4 borlas or something

http://thmotorsports.com/vibrant/vibrant_universal_muffler_streetpower_stealth/1149/i-37100.aspx

Those are ugly as hell but go ahead! :)

Start the trend![cool]

You got a grand laying around?! haha I would if I could man. Just spent a grand of my RS4 rims. I just wanted to know if any one on this earth knew about these mufflers on Audi's. I'm sure SOMEone out there owns one...

Militant-Grunt
06-22-2010, 11:34 PM
A friend of mine has a eisenmann on his s4, and it sounds amazing. Unfortunately its only a 2.5" inlet exhaust, a little too small for my taste =/.

jsantiago17
06-23-2010, 07:24 AM
You got a grand laying around?! haha I would if I could man. Just spent a grand of my RS4 rims. I just wanted to know if any one on this earth knew about these mufflers on Audi's. I'm sure SOMEone out there owns one...

Unfortunately or fortunately, I already have a Milltek exhaust on my 3.0....otherwise, I would probably look into it further, like you are....

snoboarder_mike
06-23-2010, 08:03 AM
A friend of mine has a eisenmann on his s4, and it sounds amazing. Unfortunately its only a 2.5" inlet exhaust, a little too small for my taste =/.

I wouldn't mind a 2.5". I had a custom Magnaflow 3" and I had major drone. Maybe the 2.5" cancels it? I knew someone out there had one on an Audi. Does he have any vids of it? Does he have the race or sport version? I'd love to hear how it sounds. Tell him he should post some vids lol

Unfortunately or fortunately, I already have a Milltek exhaust on my 3.0....otherwise, I would probably look into it further, like you are....

Well, Milltek was the other exhaust I was looking into because its not so deafly loud (right?) but still give performance gains and is a little louder.

jsantiago17
06-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Well, Milltek was the other exhaust I was looking into because its not so deafly loud (right?) but still give performance gains and is a little louder.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not - nice deep tone and no drone while on cruising on highway. Click the 2 links in my signature to hear some sound clips....

snoboarder_mike
06-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Definitely not - nice deep tone and no drone while on cruising on highway. Click the 2 links in my signature to hear some sound clips....

Heard 'em. They are not bad. Bad camera quality but nice sound. I wonder how they would sound on my 2.8 :`

2001A4QUATTRO
06-23-2010, 09:33 AM
And here are some links of the websites that sell them:

http://www.longobrothers.com/eisenmann-rear-muffler-exhaust-dual-audi-quattro-9401-p-49696.html
http://www.eurobahnmotorsport.com/eisenmann_exhaust/eisenmann_exhaust_for_audi_a4_b5_sport/esmb528lqtr/i-159521.aspx
http://www.beastpower.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EISENMANN&Product_Code=A1204.00700&Category_Code=audi-a4-b5

EFFING expensive though for just a rear muffler

If you read more down it explains that the exhaust components are not sold separately. This is a price for a full cat back.

jsantiago17
06-23-2010, 10:18 AM

Heard 'em. They are not bad. Bad camera quality but nice sound. I wonder how they would sound on my 2.8 :`[/QUOTE]

Yeah....definitely poor video quality - taken from my blackberry, but it's there more to hear the sound....

snoboarder_mike
06-23-2010, 10:56 AM
If you read more down it explains that the exhaust components are not sold separately. This is a price for a full cat back.

Which site did you find that out from? I just checked both sites and I don't see anything about that. Maybe I'm blind?

Yeah....definitely poor video quality - taken from my blackberry, but it's there more to hear the sound....

Yeah. What kind of set-up do you have and how much did it cost you (if you don't mind me asking)?

2001A4QUATTRO
06-23-2010, 11:02 AM
The beastpower site. Scroll down a little.

jsantiago17
06-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Yeah. What kind of set-up do you have and how much did it cost you (if you don't mind me asking)?

Milltek Catback Resonated Exhaust - ran me $1400....got it from Stratmosphere (http://www.stratmosphere.com/index.htm).

snoboarder_mike
06-23-2010, 04:06 PM
The beastpower site. Scroll down a little.

I emailed them to make sure. Daniel Levitt, CEO of BeastPower Motorsports, Inc. responded that it is just the muffler and not the cat-back. His email: daniel@beastpower.com
So again I say, that is a lot of money for just a rear muffler...

Milltek Catback Resonated Exhaust - ran me $1400....got it from Stratmosphere (http://www.stratmosphere.com/index.htm).

On the stratmosphere site they only mention 1.8t for the B5 model but it looks the same as this one:
http://www.avalonmotorsports.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_26_49&products_id=424
Avalon includes 2.8.

jsantiago17
06-23-2010, 06:20 PM
On the stratmosphere site they only mention 1.8t for the B5 model but it looks the same as this one:
http://www.avalonmotorsports.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_26_49&products_id=424
Avalon includes 2.8.

Great. May be worth calling Stratmosphere to see if they offer it for the B5 2.8 just to compare prices. So, do you think you may go with a Milltek or possibly going with Eisenmann??

snoboarder_mike
06-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Great. May be worth calling Stratmosphere to see if they offer it for the B5 2.8 just to compare prices. So, do you think you may go with a Milltek or possibly going with Eisenmann??

Well... the only reason why I'd go for Milltek is because of all that I've read on the forums about how much quieter it is than the rest of the upgrades, yet how much nicer it sounds than stock, about how it still gives you more power yadda yadda and the only reason why I'd go for the Eisenmann is because it really seems legit... hand-built in Germany, goes on higher end cars like newer BMW's, Porsches, etc. and because the Race exhaust sounds SIIICK.. except I'd probably get the Sport exhaust (there are two versions). The only thing that is stopping me from getting the Eisenmann besides money (obviously) is the lack of knowledge I have about it. And no one else seems to know anything about them either... I was even able to chat online with a sales representative asking for a sound clip of the sport exhaust and they didn't even have that. Then I asked some other simple questions because I was curious and after waiting for 20 minutes I logged off... I mean, for a thousand bucks to buy JUST a muffler, shouldn't I be able to know what I'm paying for and why the hell its so much? Because of all this, I'm leaning towards Milltek.

jsantiago17
06-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Well... the only reason why I'd go for Milltek is because of all that I've read on the forums about how much quieter it is than the rest of the upgrades, yet how much nicer it sounds than stock, about how it still gives you more power yadda yadda and the only reason why I'd go for the Eisenmann is because it really seems legit... hand-built in Germany, goes on higher end cars like newer BMW's, Porsches, etc. and because the Race exhaust sounds SIIICK.. except I'd probably get the Sport exhaust (there are two versions). The only thing that is stopping me from getting the Eisenmann besides money (obviously) is the lack of knowledge I have about it. And no one else seems to know anything about them either... I was even able to chat online with a sales representative asking for a sound clip of the sport exhaust and they didn't even have that. Then I asked some other simple questions because I was curious and after waiting for 20 minutes I logged off... I mean, for a thousand bucks to buy JUST a muffler, shouldn't I be able to know what I'm paying for and why the hell its so much? Because of all this, I'm leaning towards Milltek.

Completely understand your reasoning. I am definitely happy with the Milltek, but would think that Eisenmann's exhaust would be quality, as well. Tough to pull the trigger when the muffler is a grand and there aren't many people who have it on their Audi - could be for the same reasons you mentioned above. Either way - let us know what you decide and be sure to post some sound clips with whatever you choose....good luck with your decision!

snoboarder_mike
06-24-2010, 07:45 AM
Completely understand your reasoning. I am definitely happy with the Milltek, but would think that Eisenmann's exhaust would be quality, as well. Tough to pull the trigger when the muffler is a grand and there aren't many people who have it on their Audi - could be for the same reasons you mentioned above. Either way - let us know what you decide and be sure to post some sound clips with whatever you choose....good luck with your decision!

haha thanks man. Will do. I have clips posted of when I had my sh*tty magnaflow exhaust lol bought it for $150, had it installed, ran it for a day, took it off, and sold it for $150. Hey, at least I broke even :P

stack
06-25-2010, 10:02 AM
i have been looking for eisenmann exhaust as well
sounds jizzing on a e36 m3

i would get one as well
i have a 14816 magnaflow, sounds good for the first 2 weeks
but i want something more ROAR.

if anyone finds a link for 1.8t b5 eisemann exhaust let me know!!!

snoboarder_mike
06-25-2010, 10:21 AM
i have been looking for eisenmann exhaust as well
sounds jizzing on a e36 m3

i would get one as well
i have a 14816 magnaflow, sounds good for the first 2 weeks
but i want something more ROAR.

if anyone finds a link for 1.8t b5 eisemann exhaust let me know!!!

Check:
http://www.eurobahnmotorsport.com/
http://www.longobrothers.com/
http://www.beastpower.com/

Those are the links where I found exhausts for my 2.8. You might be able to find some for your 1.8t.
Ya I didn't think the Magnaflow was going to settle well with me. Eisenmann definitely sounds legit. Call them up, ask 'em questions, research, cause they don't advertise their products very well (in my opinion) so its hard to know what they are all about

stack
06-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Check:
http://www.eurobahnmotorsport.com/
http://www.longobrothers.com/
http://www.beastpower.com/

Those are the links where I found exhausts for my 2.8. You might be able to find some for your 1.8t.
Ya I didn't think the Magnaflow was going to settle well with me. Eisenmann definitely sounds legit. Call them up, ask 'em questions, research, cause they don't advertise their products very well (in my opinion) so its hard to know what they are all about

thx dude !!

snoboarder_mike
06-25-2010, 02:01 PM
thx dude !!

No problem. There is a lack of knowledge here about them. If you find any useful info please do share! In the meantime I'll be doing my own research too. Hope to hear more on this topic! Also, if you know anyone else with this exhaust have them chime in!

flynnr
06-26-2010, 02:52 PM
No problem. There is a lack of knowledge here about them. If you find any useful info please do share! In the meantime I'll be doing my own research too. Hope to hear more on this topic! Also, if you know anyone else with this exhaust have them chime in!

what do you need to do so much research on??

and how do you figure there is a lack of knowledge here about them? its a muffler... its no different than ANY other muffler out there... it has the same function, and is made out of the same material as others too... just a slightly different tone because of the internal structure, which is why any muffler is different than the next...

if you are honestly considering sticking a $1k muffler on your 2.8a4 you have got to be on some crazy drug that is mind fucking you... get a borla, for 1/5 of the price... they sound amazing and are not crazily overpriced for NO reason like this one is...

it DOES NOT add any more power than the next muffler, and looks no different either once its installed...

If you really want to find out what it sounds like, call up a dealer of them and tell them you want info on someone who has purchased one from them, and then e-mail that person and ask them for a sound clip or video to be sent (which, honestly, unless its a pretty good camera (and unless you have good speakers too) will not give you an exact account of what it will sound like in person)

I dont mean to be a dick, but someone has to before you actually drop $1k on this, then have to buy the pipe (hope you buy mandrel bent stainless atleast) so another couple hundred for that and install...

There are many other options that are reasonable priced that you would probably not be able to tell the difference between with a blindfold on anyhow, buy one of those...

snoboarder_mike
06-26-2010, 03:13 PM
what do you need to do so much research on??

and how do you figure there is a lack of knowledge here about them? its a muffler... its no different than ANY other muffler out there... it has the same function, and is made out of the same material as others too... just a slightly different tone because of the internal structure, which is why any muffler is different than the next...

if you are honestly considering sticking a $1k muffler on your 2.8a4 you have got to be on some crazy drug that is mind fucking you... get a borla, for 1/5 of the price... they sound amazing and are not crazily overpriced for NO reason like this one is...

it DOES NOT add any more power than the next muffler, and looks no different either once its installed...

If you really want to find out what it sounds like, call up a dealer of them and tell them you want info on someone who has purchased one from them, and then e-mail that person and ask them for a sound clip or video to be sent (which, honestly, unless its a pretty good camera (and unless you have good speakers too) will not give you an exact account of what it will sound like in person)

I dont mean to be a dick, but someone has to before you actually drop $1k on this, then have to buy the pipe (hope you buy mandrel bent stainless atleast) so another couple hundred for that and install...

There are many other options that are reasonable priced that you would probably not be able to tell the difference between with a blindfold on anyhow, buy one of those...

Woah woah tone it down brah didn't mean to get your panties in a bundle..

I know you're just trying to save me the bucks and the headaches and I appreciate it, but I know how a shitty muffler sounds (besides, the shittiness scale is relative. What sounds fricken amazing to you might not sound all that great to me) and I've owned a cheap ass muffler before (supposedly it was great). I don't have money to blow but I am willing to save up for a quality European sound. That to me will be money well-spent. You love Borla so much? YOU provide me with some sweet clips. Trust me bro, I've wasted days on youtube searching for this exhaust and that exhaust and stumbled upon the Eisenmann race exhaust.. SOUNDED AMAZING... so what was the next step? To find out more. DUH. Thats what you do. You don't just say, "I want it" and buy the thing without finding out the fitment, what type of set-up, etc etc. So I checked online and they have two types. The race and the sport... "oh snap" I say to myself, "there are two kinds.. hmmm. I wonder how the sport sounds" and I start searching and I find nothing. "Ok so maybe I'll see what other members on Audizine have to say...."

Dude... I can't believe I just spelled out the process for you. Go ahead and buy your exhaust. If you love cheap exhausts, sweet! I'm happy for you. Glad you like it. Who knows, I might come around, but whats wrong with having expensive taste? Milltek and Eisenman, a grand each. Maybe its that way for a reason.

p.s. Last time I checked, dealers don't give other peoples info out... And if mufflers were all the same the why the heck are there so many different types........ Just a curious hypothetical question. And mentioned they were different by the sound.. so then they aren't all the same. A little contradictory don't ya think?

stack
06-26-2010, 04:25 PM
everyone has borla
how many people you know with eisemann

i heard yu can just buy the muffler and resn. and just get the piping done custom

snoboarder_mike
06-26-2010, 05:30 PM
everyone has borla
how many people you know with eisemann

i heard yu can just buy the muffler and resn. and just get the piping done custom

Well ya, alotta people got alotta things.. the cheaper things are, the greater quantity of people that will have them. Simple. And the use of the term everyone is a very general term. Many people have borla... Many people have magnaflow too and they'd probably make the same claims. I know not one single person with the Eisenmann which is precisely why I ask around. Hahahaha this is hilarious. Why is this such a hard concept.. I just wanna know if people know about this exhaust. That's all.

But thanks anyway lol

jsantiago17
06-26-2010, 05:57 PM
^^ x2

stack
06-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Well ya, alotta people got alotta things.. the cheaper things are, the greater quantity of people that will have them. Simple. And the use of the term everyone is a very general term. Many people have borla... Many people have magnaflow too and they'd probably make the same claims. I know not one single person with the Eisenmann which is precisely why I ask around. Hahahaha this is hilarious. Why is this such a hard concept.. I just wanna know if people know about this exhaust. That's all.

But thanks anyway lol

oh no i am not against you
i am 100% with you

i want that exhaust as well

stack
06-26-2010, 06:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycHQpn4OlZ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5vn2rUPf6A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqgmCorFeWk&feature=related

snoboarder_mike
06-26-2010, 08:34 PM
oh no i am not against you
i am 100% with you

i want that exhaust as well

You do, I see.... hmmmm I wonder... thats three of us so far that want this exhaust (you - stack, me, and jsantiago (if he agrees to trade it for his Milltek lol). I BET you if we get like ten people that want this exhaust, one of these sites I mentioned above will sell it as wholesale price... Might be wishful thinkin, but you never know...

jsantiago17
06-27-2010, 08:48 AM
You do, I see.... hmmmm I wonder... thats three of us so far that want this exhaust (you - stack, me, and jsantiago (if he agrees to trade it for his Milltek lol). I BET you if we get like ten people that want this exhaust, one of these sites I mentioned above will sell it as wholesale price... Might be wishful thinkin, but you never know...

Ha! I definitely love the way it sounds on the M3 and sounds sick on the 2.8 from the vids you shared, but need you to be the Ginnie Pig, before I think about getting rid of my Milltek! [:D]