PDA

View Full Version : Acceleration Problem

SouRce4
06-10-2010, 05:15 PM
So i came back from college and the car starts fine... woohoo. when i go to step on the gas easily it goes to like 1500-1800rpms and then acts as if it will stall going down to 300rpm... then goes back to idle at like 1000rpms... the harder i press the gas it will go a bit higher then 1800rpm but still goes to stall to 300rpm then reaches idle again... code came up eventually and checked it later to be the throttle body position sensor i beleive? so i replaced the whole throttle body and still the same issue. any other ideas?

also is there a way to adapt the new throttle body on a DBC car?

gmx
06-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Yes,

you need vagcom to do the adaption.

2001A4QUATTRO
06-10-2010, 06:55 PM
DBC? There should be no adaptation. You still need vagcom to help determine what the issue is.

SouRce4
06-10-2010, 06:59 PM
vag is what told me the throttle body position sensor... which proved to be wrong. ill run it again this weekend and see what it comes up with now... what about bad gas like water in it and such. very unusualy for my but i left the car sitting with like 3/4 tank of gas. could that be the issue. i feel like the stalling at 1800rpms is way to consistent to be bad gas tho

heffer
06-10-2010, 07:21 PM
So i came back from college and the car starts fine... woohoo. when i go to step on the gas easily it goes to like 1500-1800rpms and then acts as if it will stall going down to 300rpm... then goes back to idle at like 1000rpms... the harder i press the gas it will go a bit higher then 1800rpm but still goes to stall to 300rpm then reaches idle again... code came up eventually and checked it later to be the throttle body position sensor i beleive? so i replaced the whole throttle body and still the same issue. any other ideas?

also is there a way to adapt the new throttle body on a DBC car?

I had a similar problem and it was my #2 coil pack. Just pull 'em and look at them. It was very obvious on mine, it was shredded at the bottom where it connects to the spark plug.

Euromike
06-10-2010, 09:13 PM
DBC? There should be no adaptation. You still need vagcom to help determine what the issue is.

defiantly not true, My car had the EXACT same problem. TBA adaptation fixed it.

dh4life55
06-10-2010, 10:38 PM
i believe you can do a tba yourself by turning the car into the on position do not touch the throttle and wait about a minute u should be able to hear when its done can anyone confirm that that works

SouRce4
06-11-2010, 06:18 AM
defiantly not true, My car had the EXACT same problem. TBA adaptation fixed it.

hOW DID YOU DO THE ADAPTATION? ..... on a DBC car im almost positive there is no electric motor to adapt it?

dh4life55
06-11-2010, 12:41 PM
oh whoops didnt know your car was dbc... there is no motor to adapt it ur right my bad

Euromike
06-11-2010, 12:45 PM
everyone who is saying that DBC cars do not have a motor to adapt is totally wrong, quit misinforming the kid.

To the OP, heres what you need to fix your car
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/throttlebody.html