PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on which options to get in a dual display gauge

.Mad Hatter.
06-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Hey all, I will be going BT (elim) quite soon and am looking at getting a VEI dual digital display from podi.

I am thinking oil pressure and IAT...what do you guys think?

The options are: boost pressure, air fuel ratio, oil pressure, oil temperature, EGT, IAT, water temperature and fuel pressure

[wrench]

GR-RALLYE
06-09-2010, 10:10 PM
on my dual display SPA gauges I run oil press/temp and water temp/fuel pressure. the rest of those should be options for a wideband

Peter1.8t
06-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Go with boost and Air/fuel ratio. Its always smart to have air/fuel when running a bigger turbo.

geeky
06-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Go with boost and Air/fuel ratio. Its always smart to have air/fuel when running a bigger turbo.

I'd go with boost gauge + oil press. And like gr-rallye stated, the rest should be on your wideband.

biketsai
06-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Boost and AFR. If you don;t have a boost gauge already then def pick one up, also monitoring the AFR is pretty important just to make sure how you are running.

Seerlah
06-10-2010, 02:29 AM
I have the VEI dual gauge and plan on having a disco potatoe setup by next summer. What I did , was get the boost gauge with A/F ratio and placed it in the center vent. I think those are the most important when having a BT. And it isn't IAT (intake air temp), it's EGT (exhaust gas temp). Your vehicle already has an IAT sensor, and you should be good as long as you have an intercooler sufficient enough to support the eliminator setup (which I am more than sure you already know this). Oil pressure is very important, and I plan on purchasing that along with the EGT gauge with a different dual unit later on. But for the beginning, I still think the A/F and bost are most important. As long as your oil pump is good, pick up screen isn't clogged, engine has little to no sludge (some residue is kind of unavoidable. not sludge, but residue), you use full synthetic motor oil then you should be ok in this dept in the beginning. But you will def want to consider this in the future (near future). Just my opinion.

.Mad Hatter.
06-10-2010, 06:43 AM
just to clarify some things:

i have a boost gauge already
VEI/podi does offer an IAT option, but i guess i dont need it???
my car has an oil and a water temp gauge, but no pressure for either

so maybe oil pressure an AFR? this might sound stupid, but AFR is still important even with an elim kit?

EuroDriven
06-10-2010, 09:02 AM
but AFR is still important even with an elim kit?

That's gramatically a question..but looks like a statement...

An elim kit is still a BT, so yes AFR is important.

-John

.Mad Hatter.
06-10-2010, 09:05 AM
switch "is" and "AFR", smart ass.

:)

Seerlah
06-10-2010, 01:01 PM
A/F ratio is important with even the stock turbo. But A/F ratio and oil pressure are very good choices.

.Mad Hatter.
06-10-2010, 01:56 PM
great, thanks guys.

.Mad Hatter.
07-01-2010, 04:31 PM
since this is already here...

assuming i choose to go AFR and fuel pressure, where is the best place to hook up the fuel pressure sender?