PDA

View Full Version : DB25 Cable In the Trunk and Speaker Question

getslideways
06-07-2010, 12:15 AM
In the trunk of facelift cars there is a DB25 cable that can be used for hooking up a car phone, my question is this:

On the DB25 cable there are pinouts for the Speaker (+) and Speaker (-) are these for preamp inputs for the speaker or are these direct leads to the driver side door speaker (aka no amplification just a direct straight shot.) I am thinking its the latter of the two but just wanted to check. Thanks!

getslideways
06-07-2010, 11:26 AM
bump to the top

beardman
06-07-2010, 01:36 PM
About half way down in this link there are a few pin-outs for the cable listed. I think the speaker + and - listed are only the speakers specifically for the phone system though, not the stereo system.
I hope this helps.

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec141.shtml

getslideways
06-07-2010, 03:21 PM
thanks, thats the pinout i have been using, and i believe that you are correct in saying that the speaker + and speaker - dont interface with the entire stereo system, only the drivers door speaker, but what i was really wondering is if the signal is amplified between the female DB25 plug and the driver door speaker or not?

Basically, do i need to be running an amplified signal to those pins or a pre-amp unamplified signal to those pins. I am thinking an amplified signal but i wanted to verify. Thanks!